YES, YOU READ RIGHT. ANOTHER DAY. ANOTHER SMOOTHIE.
The ingredients in today’s babe of a smoothie are ON POINT when it comes to digestion & antioxidants! (Not to mention, you’re also getting your dose of protein & collagen, as always!). BUT TODAY, you’re getting extra-spoiled in the fibre & vitamin C department. And I don’t think you’re mad about it, now are you?!
And I mean, if you are… I’M SORRY, I GUESS. But like… DON’T BE SO HARD ON ME.
ANYWHO, this morning I went to my insanity boot-camp class & got home FAMISHED & needing a refuel. BUT, I ALSO HAD TONS OF MEAL PREP TO DO… so it wasn’t exactly the best time for me to start whipping up a fancy-shmancy lunch. Then, of course, the idea popped into my mind (because it always does) to just load everything up into my blender & BAMMMM. So that’s what I did! (P.S. Thank goodness my obsession these days is with smoothies. At least they’re healthy, right?).
So what’s so great about this one & why is it so great for digestion / vitamin C? Let me explain! But I’ll do so as we go through the ingredients list, YA KNOW, to make this post shorter & your life easier. LOVE YOU TOO. BYE!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- a handful of spinach for greens, FIBRE, balancing pH, iron, B vitamins & fatty acids!
- a few chunks of steamed then frozen cauli for FIBRE & amazing texture! (P.S. Research has shown that the sulforaphane made from a glucosinate in cauliflower can actually help protect your stomach lining, aka your gut, by preventing bacterial overgrowth of H-pylori in your stomach or too much clinging by this bacteria to your stomach wall). So, IT’S NOT ONLY ABOUT THE FIBRE, BUT ALSO THE GUT HEALTH!
- 4-5 frozen tart cherries to help with muscle recovery & ANTIOXIDANTS!
- 1/4 cup frozen blues!
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- BOTH for natural sweetness, ANTIOXIDANTS & vitamin C!
- 1/2 cup homemade cashew milk for healthy fats, protein & creaminess!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. psyllium husk for digestive health & FIBRE FOR DAYS!
- 1 tsp. açai for more ANTIOXIDANTS, immune health & DETOX!
- 1 tsp. chlorella for protein, ANTIOXIDANTS, DETOX, iron, magnesium (muscle recovery) & amino acids!
- To read all about the benefits of chlorella, click here: Coconut Collagen Vanilla Bean Matcha Latte (With A Superfood Twist!) a.k.a. The Million Dollar Answer To That Afternoon Slump!
- 1/2 scoop VITAL PROTEINS collagen peptides for protein, energy, muscle recovery, hair/skin/nails & GUT HEALTH (Replace with more protein for vegan alternative!)
- 1/2 scoop IRON VEGAN vanilla protein for FIBRE, sprouted grains, protein & natural vanilla deliciousness!
- Top with ONE DEGREE ORGANICS sprouted oat vanilla chia granola, blueberries, Ceylon cinnamon for FIBRE, healthy fats, protein, sprouted grains goodness, anti-inflammatory/microbial/fungal benefits, digestive health & a mood booster!
How’s that for some refuel?
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & press BLEND. Literally.
- Top with the toppings I used or any toppings of your choosing! (Flax, chia, hemp seeds work well too, other berries, nutmeg, cacao powder, cacao nibs, rolled oats, muesli, nut butter! The possibilities are endless!).