After a long day, it’s easy to just say “forget the workout“, jump into bed & Netflix & chill all night. And yes, sometimes that’s perfectly okay & even recommended.
It’s harder to change out of your work clothes & swap them for workout wear, let alone, muster up the strength to actually leave your house to get to the gym.
It’s easiER to do that when you think about how you’ll feel after the workout.
Suddenly, the choice between Netflix & your workout becomes a little harder to make. And before you know it, you’re out the door!
Next time you’re contemplating, think about how good you’ll feel when:
- you finish those 20 minutes of cardio;
- when you drop your dumbbells after your last set;
- when you finish the last set in your boot camp class;
- when you get through that last hill climb on your spin bike;
- when you finish that sprint so hard that you can’t feel your legs;
- when you hold your last plank & drop to the floor;
- when you stretch it out & realize how bad ass you are for getting through that workout.
Think of all those things & I promise you, the choice will be obvious.
As human beings, we have a tendency to go the easy way, to take the road ALWAYS travelled, simply because we know it won’t challenge, hurt, scare or work us to the bone.
Be a little less “human”.
Don’t tend towards the tendency.
Tend away from it.
Take the road LESS travelled.
Do something that challenges, pushes, scares & works you hard.
Reward doesn’t come with ease.
It comes with difficulty, hardship, obstacles, stepping out of your comfort zone, challenging yourself & doing things you didn’t think you could.
You deserve it. You’re worth more than the easy way out.