Gluten-Free Raw Cashew Butter Oatmeal Collagen Bites a.k.a. Your_Go-To-On-The-Go-Snack-Ready-In-Just-5-Minutes!!!!
KAY, so who’s down for some raw cashew butter oatmeal collagen bites? SAY I!!
Perfect for on-the-go snacking, packed with healthy fats & protein and simply DELISH!
What’s great about these is that they take hardly any time to prepare & nope, YOU DON’T NEED YOUR FOOD PROCESSOR!
Why cashew butter? Well, first off, the one I use is RAW AF. It’s made with just one ingredient (the way it should be): RAW ORGANIC CASHEWS. And that’s why with these babies, you’re reaping ALL THE BENEFITS OF RAW CASHEWS, but in nut butter form. IT’S REALLY A WIN WIN.
So what’s so good about cashews?
- They help with the development of bones and connective tissue.
- They help reduce high triglyceride levels.
- They contain large amounts of copper, phosphorus, manganese, zinc & magnesium.
- They are very high in antioxidants, which means they help fight free radicals & rid the body of toxins.
- They’re heart-healthy & may help lower the risk of coronary heart disease as they contain heart-protective mono-unsaturated fats.
- 82% of their healthy fat content is made up of unsaturated fatty acids, which helps build a healthy nervous & immune system.
- Contains essential amino acids.
- They have a lower fat content than many other nuts.
- High in protein!
Another amazing thing about these babes is that the health benefits aren’t only coming from the cashews! LEGIT EVEERY INGREDIENT IN THESE MUNCHKINS IS BRINGING YOU SOMETHING GOOD & giving you a reason to say YOU ARE EATING FOR BENEFITS!
- The coconut flower syrup is a healthy refined-sugar-free alternative! It has a low GI index, and is high in vitamins, such as potassium! It contains only about 1/2 the sugar content of honey, maple syrup & other conventional sweeteners, BUT IT JUST AS DELISH (if not, more!!).
- The Ceylon cinnamon is anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory & anti-fungal. It can help lower/stabilize blood sugar levels, provide headache relief, is good for digestion & may help lower bad cholesterol levels in the body.
- The oats are high in soluble fibre, have a higher protein content than most grains out there, contain more antioxidants than BROCCOLI (Yep, Swear!), control blood sugar, reduce bad cholesterol, heart-healthy, great for digestion, control blood pressure, rich in tons of vitamins & minerals, may be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes & may help prevent certain types of cancers.
- The hemp hearts are a complete protein source. They contain tons of vitamins & minerals, such as: vitamin E, calcium, iron, vitamin A, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese! They’re packed with omega-3s, antioxidants & also have anti-inflammatory properties! They also contain tons of amino acids & enzymes, which help with digestion & nutrient absorption from food. They’re low in saturated fat & cholesterol & are great for skin, immune function & boosting, reducing the risk of heart disease & encouraging nervous system health!. WOAH WOAH WOAH.
- The banana adds natural sweetness, while providing tons of fibre, B6, vitamin C, folate, riboflavin, manganese, magnesium, copper & potassium! They are also great for treating kidney disorders, for digestion, eye health & bone health!
- The collagen… ARE YOU GUYS FED UP OF ME RANTING ABOUT COLLAGEN YET? If you are: READ ALL ABOUT THE BENEFITS HERE! (I am presuming you are, so that’s why I’m linking you to the post directly!).
NOW, without further ado, let’s tackle this baby!!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 tbsp. of raw cashew butter (I use the one by Artisana Organics);
- 2 tbsp. coconut flower syrup (If you don’t have, sub for pure organic maple syrup!);
- 1 tsp. of Ceylon cinnamon;
- A heaping 3/4 cup of gluten-free rolled oats (BASICALLY 1 CUP);
- 2 tbsp. of hemp hearts (I use the ones from Manitoba Harvest);
- 1/2 a banana;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (To read all about the benefits of collagen, CLICK HERE & to purchase the collagen peptides, use my affiliate link located at the bottom of the homepage!);
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, mix until fully combined & a batter is formed!
- Roll the babes into balls & refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight (If possible, it’s best to refrigerate them overnight to really give them time to firm up!!).
- Keep refrigerated or freeze for firmer texture (& if you want them to last longer!).