Why You Should Show The Eggs Some LOVE! <3

Why You Should Show The Eggs Some LOVE! <3

Hi munchkins!

<3

In case you’re wondering, it’s perfectly okay & even recommended, to show your EGGS SOME LOVE.

Due to their cholesterol content, many people have a tendency to hate on eggs. But but but! They pack many health benefits that definitely make them worthwhile (obviously, in moderation – BUT WORTHWHILE TO SAY THE LEAST!).

  • First things first, they’re filled with protein (& a complete amino acid profile!) This means that they contain all the essential amino acids in the right ratios, so the body is well-equipped to make full use of the protein content in them! (which BTW, is about 6g per egg – NOT BAD, RIGHT?).
  • They help reduce the risk of heart disease & improve cardiovascular function due to their omega-3 fatty acid content, which helps lower blood triglycerides and regulate & lower cholesterol “bad” (LDL) cholesterol by turning it into “good” (HDL) cholesterol. So yes, while a single egg contains 212mg of cholesterol, which is over half the RDI of 300mg, it is crucial to know that cholesterol in your diet does NOT necessarily raise cholesterol in the blood. Our livers naturally produce large amounts of cholesterol every day. When we eat eggs, the liver just produces less instead, so it ends up compensating/gets evened out!
    • Obviously, everyone reacts differently, but studies have shown that in 70% of people, eggs don’t raise cholesterol at all & in the other 30%, eggs can MILDLY raise it.
    • They contain carotenoids, which have been shown to increase life span & lower mortality from many chronic illnesses (BONUS if you eat the eggs with leafy greens / raw veggies to enhance the absorption of carotenoids from the veggies!).
  • They help reduce the risk of metabolic syndrome, which is basically a series of health conditions, which individually, or when combined, can lead to chronic illness, such as: increased blood sugar levels, excess body fat & abnormal cholesterol levels.
  • They’re great for eye health!
  • Their lutein content positively impacts physical activity level and can help facilitate muscle building & their protein content makes them filling, helping promote overall healthy weight maintenance!
  • They’re great for liver & brain health due to their rich choline content. Choline is used to build cell membranes & its role is to produce signalling molecules in the brain. Research has shown that about 90% of people in the USA are getting less than the recommended amount of choline! Choline has also been found to help with depression & increase cognitive function. 
  • They’re amazing for the skin! (due to the lutein content, eggs filter harmful rays & slow down the oxidative damage that might be caused to the skin!).
  • Eggs also contain 5/8 of the best nutrients to fight & reduce cancer risk. They’re also rich in vitamin B2, B5, B6 + B12, as well as vitamin A, D + K, phosphorus,  iron, selenium & riboflavin! 

IMG_6772

 



2 thoughts on “Why You Should Show The Eggs Some LOVE! <3”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.


%d bloggers like this: