Before I get into what exactly this recipe is, I just need you munchkins to know that THE COOKIES ARE CURRENTLY ALL GONE (& I made them yesterday… just saying!!!). There’s a reason for that, BEING THAT THEY ARE THE SOFEST & MOST TENDER VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES THAT YOU EVER DID SEE OR TASTE!
Most people who tried them said they tasted like CHIPS-A-FREAKING-HOY! & let me tell you, their ingredients list is quite shorter, simpler, healthier, cleaner & OVERALL BETTER than any packaged Chips Ahoy! product… I SWEAR. I mean, I don’t mean to brag but c’mon. Once you whip these babies up, YOU WILL BE TOO.
As you guys know, I’m not vegan or gluten-free, but I do make a conscious effort, when baking desserts especially, to stick to vegan &/or gluten-free ingredients for 2 reasons, the first one being, I want them to satisfy any & all of your dietary restrictions so that you can all ENJOY, SAVOUR & DEVOUR every single one of my recipes (& if it just so happens that you don’t jive with one of the ingredients on mah lists, let me know. I’l find you an alternative!). Secondly, a lot of vegan & gluten-free ingredients are often healthier, more nutrient-dense & actually even more DELICIOUS!
I kept the ingredients on these babies REALLY SIMPLE & MINIMAL, so that you could have these stat. Like, as soon as that peanut butter craving kicks in. You can legit have these in like 15 minutes, NOT EVEN… how’s that? ADMIT YOU FREAKING ADORE ME.
OH BUT WAIT… not only will they satisfy your PB craving, but they’ll also satisfy your cookie cravings. LIKE YOU WILL FORGET CHIPS AHOY EXISTS. I SWEAR!! They have this melt-in-your-mouth goodness that will have you begging for more… and don’t get me started about how good they taste dipped in my Homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Almond Milk a.k.a. Oh-Really?-Store-Bought-Almond-Milk-Still-Exists?-No-Thanks!
And, instead of going for all-purpose gluten-free flour, I went the extra mile & opted for gluten-free oat flour (Don’t have it? No problem! Just add some oats to your food processor, grind ’em up & YOU’VE GOT OAT FLOUR. NO GROCERY TRIP NECESSARY!).
What else makes these babies so freaking awesomely-awesome?
- Refined sugar-free!
- 7-ingredients, so they’re quick, simple & easy to whip up!
- Maximum 10 minutes required for baking time!
- Crumbly on the outside & chewy on the inside!
- Made with clean, healthy, good-for-you ingredients!
- Full of fibre, healthy fats & protein!
- Great morning breaky on-the-go or afternoon snack/pick-me-up!
- GREAT ALL THE TIME. ALL THE FREAKING TIME.
NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET’S BRING THIS GREATNESS TO YOUR LIFE!!!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of organic creamy peanut butter;
- 1 cup of organic coconut palm sugar;
- 2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1 cup of gluten-free oat flour;
- 1 tsp. of non-GMO baking soda;
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt;
- 1/4 cup of filtered water (You can also replace it with organic unsweetened vanilla or plain cashew/almond milk or regular milk);
- OPTIONAL: Vegan chocolate chips!!
NOW, for that HOW-TO:
- Preheat the oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat baking mat;
- In a LARGE mixing bowl, add all the ingredients & stir to combine until fully mixed & incorporated!
- If, for whatever reason, the batter looks/feels too sticky to roll into balls, add in some more oat flour, until it reaches a ROLLABLE-CONSISTENCY (Is that a word?).
- IF ADDING CHOCO CHIPS, once all the ingredients are mixed, throw them in & toss again until fully combined!
- Roll the dough into 1.5 tbsp. balls per cookie & drop them onto the parchment lined pan. Flatten the babes with a fork one way & then the other to create a crisscross pattern!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until just starting to turn golden at the edges (They will bake FAST, SO PLEASE WATCH THEM CAREFULLY!!!!).
- Cool the babes completely on the pan before moving or DEVOUR STRAIGHT OFF THE PAN!
- Store the babes in an airtight plastic container to keep the cookies soft & chewy!