Need an afternoon boost?
I got you!
THIS BABY IS COCONUT-MILK-CREAMY, with the bittersweet green notes of tea, a touch of vanilla, some natural sweetness & a collagen boost!
I’ve (of course) already gone into all the deets on why matcha is so good for you HERE but, in a nutshell: it has a very high chlorophyll & theanine content, which makes it a lot more potent than other green teas. Theanine is similar to caffeine in that it helps increase cognitive performance + improves focus but, unlike caffeine, is also calming + may help reduce response to psychological / physical stress. It’s also great for heart health + optimal cholesterol levels.
As for CHLORELLA, that’s something we’ve never spoken about & you know what that means… perfect opportunity for me to rant my life away (as if I don’t already do it enough!) HERE I GO BABIES!
In a nutshell (before we devour the deets), chlorella is an all-natural supplement that may help boost your energy, support healthy weight maintenance & help detox heavy metals (like lead & mercury) from your body! It’s a freshwater algae & it’ll make all your superfood dreams come true!
- it’s rich in phytonutrients, such as amino acids, chlorophyll, beta-carotene, potassium, phosphorus, biotin, magnesium & B-complex vits (especially B-1,2,3+6).
- it supports healthy hormonal function, is heart healthy, helps lower blood pressure & cholesterol & detoxifies!
- it’s great for the immune system!
- removes heavy metals & toxins from the body!
- its high levels of chlorophyll protect the body against ultraviolet radiation treatments while removing radioactive particles from the body!
- chlorella also fights certain types of cancer & other chronic diseases!
- it’s more nutrient dense per gram than any other green, including kale, broccoli & spinach!
- it contains tons of DIGESTIBLE protein!
- it may also slow the aging process. HELLLLLLLO BABY. It greatly reduces oxidative stress that can be caused from pollution, stress + poor diet! It’s also super effective at giving you younger looking skin because it naturally ups the levels of vitamin A & C in your body, which eliminates free radicals + protects your cells!
HOW IS THAT FOR A SUPERFOOD POWDER, MY FRIENDS?!
OKAY, NOW LASTLY, WHY COCONUT MILK?
- It improves heart health! Coconuts contain lauric acid, which is a fatty-acid linked to improved cholesterol levels & heart health. It helps lower LDL (BAD) cholesterol & increase HDL (good) cholesterol, while also helping lower blood pressure!
- It helps build muscle! MCT fatty acids increase energy expenditure & help enhance physical performance! It also keeps you full & prevents overeating/over-snacking throughout the day! These MCTs are easily used by the brain for energy!
- Coconut milk contains minerals & electrolytes that help prevent dehydration!
- It helps with digestion, by nourishing the digestive lining due to its electrolyte content & health fats, which helps improve overall gut health!
- The healthy fat content in coconut milk also helps slow the rate at which sugar is released into the blood, better controlling insulin levels & preventing sugar highs!
- Coco milk contains a good amount of plant-based iron!
- Lastly, coconut milk’s MCTs help lower inflammation & may even help reduce the occurrence of ulcers!
THERE. NOW YOU KNOW WHY I CHOSE TO USE COCO MILK!!!!
And now, without further ado, I’m about to tell you how to make this superfood-boosted coconut collagen-infused vanilla bean matcha latte!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/4 cup of water;
- 2 tbsp. of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (GET THEM USING MY AFFILIATE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG’S HOMEPAGE! & read all about the benefits of collagen HERE!);
- 1/4 tsp. of vanilla powder (or 1/2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract) (I use the one by Organic Traditions);
- 1/4 tsp. of Chlorella powder (I use the one by Earth Circle Organics);
- 1/2 tsp. of raw organic unpasteurized (& preferably local) honey;
- Ceylon cinnamon for matcha mix & for topping;
- 3/4 cup of organic coconut milk (I use the one by Earth’s Choice).
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Pour the water into a small stockpot & warm over MEDIUM heat.
- Once the water is warmed up, whisk in the collagen, vanilla, matcha & chlorella powders until the water is hot & the powders have dissolved completely!
- Pour the coconut milk, cinnamon & honey into the mix & warm over medium heat until hot!
- Once it’s hot AF & all the ingredients have been combined, pour this beautiful deliciousness into a mug, top it with some more cinnamon & ENJOY!