Mashed Avocado, Maple-Dijon Grilled Chicken Sprouted Bread Sandwich a.k.a. Fats-Carbs-Proteins-Greens-&-Sprouted-Grains… I Mean… Keepin’ It 100.
ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER BEST SISTER AWARD GOES TO YOUR TRULY. No kay, I’m kidding. DONE WITH THE BRAGGING. But, here’s a quick & easy, very satisfying & nourishing lunch sandwich that you can drop off for your sister while she’s studying her brains out at a coffee shop! (or one you could make for yourself, OR BETTER YET, FOR BOTH OF Y’ALL).
Why exactly can’t you go wrong with this babe?
The perfect balance of healthy fats, carbs, protein, greens & sprouted grains.
AVOCADO… I MEAN… BYE!
Tangy thanks to the Dijon!
Full of fibre!
Packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants!
Admit you want it.
You know you do.
I know you do.
So let’s do it.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 slices of sprouted toast, TOASTED TO PERFECTION (My bread of choice is Ezekiel by Food For Life!);
- 1 avocado, MASHED;
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning;
- 2 tsp. of any raw organic Dijon mustard (or flavoured mustard of your choice!);
- A generous portion of my 4-Ingredient Maple Mustard Grilled Chicken Breast a.k.a. The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Sweet-&-Savoury-I-Mean…-Oh-&-Ready-In-20-You?
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced finely;
- A small handful of spinach, kale, arugula, romaine or any other crispy green of your choice!
- OPTIONAL: Sriracha/red pepper chilli flakes/a slice or two of Swiss cheese or tofu cheese!
EASY AS 1-2-3… LITERALLY! (as long as you’ve made the very smart decision to whip up a fresh batch of my 4-Ingredient Maple Mustard Grilled Chicken Breast a.k.a. The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Sweet-&-Savoury-I-Mean…-Oh-&-Ready-In-20-You? chicken on meal prep Sundays or meal-prep-whenever!
All you gotta do is THIS:
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado & add the juice of 1/2 a lemon, sea salt, black pepper & 2 tsp. of mustard to the bowl. Mix all the ingredients together until fully incorporated & combined!
- Slice up your onion & prep your greens!
- Toast your bread to desired doneness (NOT SURE IF THAT’S A WORD, BUT YOU CATCH MAH DRIFT!);
- Once toasted, top one slice of the bread with your avo mixture & top it with the grilled chicken! Top the other slice with some extra Dijon (If you wish) & the greens & red onion.
- THEN, for the hardest part… well actually, the second hardest. The first hardest part is not devouring this baby as is or rather, not eating the avocado mix straight out the bowl before it even makes it to the toast. BUT ANYWAY, for the hard part: close the sandwich without making all of its contents fall all over the place… GOOD LUCK!
- Slice it in half or keep it whole & DEVOUR immediately!