KAY, so this is going to be a quick one, simply because that’s the GOAL with this BOWL (Hey, Shakespeare, WADDUP?)
Basically, when I get home from the gym, I’m usually FAMISHED. This means, I want a healthy meal STAT & also means that providing myself with said healthy meal means I’ll avoid a sitch where I get HANGRY AF. And let me tell y’all, that ain’t a pretty sitch. No, but seriously, all this to say, if you’ve got all the right ingredients on hand (after a well-thought out grocery trip) & the essentials (proteins & veggies) meal-prepped, then you’ve got this down-packed.
The goal with these bowls is to pack them with the perfect balance of protein, good carbs (To read all about carbs, click here: Carbs Are Not The Enemy!), healthy fats & greens/veggies! Now, what that right balance means for you might not mean what it mens for your neighbour, so you’ll have to gage it based on how hungry you are, how much you exercised/worked out/were on-the-go all morning/afternoon & increase portion sizes as necessary! YOU ARE THE BEST JUDGE OF HOW YOU FEEL.
AND THIS BOWL WAS WHAT I WAS FEELIN’ TODAY POST-WORKOUT.
IT GAVE ME ALL THE FREAKING FEELS.
Basically, all you need my loves (is love) & OF COURSE, SOME INGREDIENTS:
- 2 heaping handfuls of fresh spinach (If you prefer, go for some kale or arugula or a blend of any of these!);
- A portion of my 4-Ingredient Maple Mustard Grilled Chicken Breast a.k.a. The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Sweet-&-Savoury-I-Mean…-Oh-&-Ready-In-20-You?
- LOTS of my Warm & Comforting Maple Cinnamon Roasted Carrot Rounds ak.a. So Much Fall. So Much Yum. So Much YES!
- A few heaping tablespoons of Bandito’s Organic Roasted Garlic Salsa or other salsa of your choice!
- LOTS of cherry tomatoes & cucumber!
- A handful of organic walnuts (or other nut of your choice: pecans, sliced almonds, cashews, WHATEVA FLOATS YOUR BOAT HUNNY!)
- Oregano (or other dried herbs) & coarsely ground black pepper for seasoning.
THAT’S IT BABIES!
NOW, JUST LITERALLY PILE EVERYTHING IN A BOWL & DEVOUR! (Make it look pretty, OBVS. For the photo. For the photo. DYING).