Raw Cacao Avocado Coconut Collagen Balls a.k.a. Bite Into The Whole Package: Greens, Collagen, Superfoods & Protein!
Cheers to the freaking weekend!
I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH ALL THIS FALL WEATHER. Like it puts me in SUCH A COZY MOOD, I can’t.
I ALSO CAN’T EVEN regarding these RAW CACAO COCONUT COLLAGEN BALLS! Oh & they also contain AVOCADO, NBD. Why not get them GREENS in when You can, right?
ALL I’VE GOTTA SAY IS: ohmahgoodness!
Guys… it’s so hard for me to put into words how perfect these munchkins are, but let me try.
- made with just organic unsweetened cacao powder, AVOCADO, Vital Proteins coconut vanilla collagen peptides, pure organic maple syrup & vanilla extract & tons of organic unsweetened shredded coconut – they are LIT AF.
- they’re so good they’ll satisfy a chocolate craving!!!!
- packed with protein, healthy fats & tons of vitamins & minerals.
- superfoods FTW!
- naturally sweet & refined sugar free!
- dairy, flourless & grain-free!
- they’re gluten-free & can also be vegan if you sub the collagen for vegan protein powder (my fave is by Iron Vegan & I get the vanilla flavour!)
- Collagen here, collagen there, collagen everywhere!!!!!
- Moist & chewy & scrumptious & chocolatey & vanilla-y & PERFECT!
IN SIMPLE TERMS, YOU BASICALLY WANT & MOST DEFINITELY NEED THESE BABIES IN YOUR LIFE.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 small ripe avocado, MASHED;
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened shredded coconut;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (READ UP ON WHY MAPLE SYRUP IS A GREAT SUGAR ALTERNATIVE HERE: The Nitty-Gritty on Healthy Sugar Alternatives & Substitutes a.k.a. Nobody-Said-You-Couldn’t-Curb-Them-Sugar-Cravings-Just-Curb-‘Em-Wisely!)
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic unsweetened cacao powder;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Coconut Vanilla Collagen Peptides!
That’s it, my loves. I SWEAR… You’re shocked, right? How in earth’s mind (Is that a thing?) could THIS become THESE BABIES? I know… I legit shocked myself as I went with it… & when they came together, HOLY F.
A freaking magical miracle masterpiece.
Now, to make that freaking magical miracle masterpiece come to life? LET ME EXPLAIN. I should actually really be referring to these babies in plural form. MASTERPIECESSSSSS, okay?
Now, let’s get right into it:
- First things first, mash your avocado! You want to have it mashed before you put it in the food processor to make blending/pulsing/whatever it’s called easier!
- Now, add all your ingredients to the food processor (I added the cacao powder after I blended the first time because the mood stroke me & I was just FEELING THE CHOCOLATE, but you can simply add everything in at the same time!).
- You will definitely have to uncover your food processor & scrape the sides here & there (I think I did this twice until I obtained the perfect consistency!)
- Once you’ve got your batter (& yes, it’s completely normal if it’s sticky), roll it into balls/bites in the size of your choosing (Personally, I prefer smaller ones & I’ll eat one or two at a time, depending on how hungry I am!)
- QUICK TIP: In between every 4-5 balls, rinse your hands & wet your fingers to get rid of any leftover batter & to make rolling easier! Rolling the balls with wet fingers/hands will prevent excess sticking & ALSO, PREVENT A MESS!
- Once the babes are rolled, refrigerate ’em for at least 5 hours or, if possible, overnight!
- I swear to G-d, I tasted the batter right out of the food processor (no shame) & I thought it could NEVER taste better & that the texture could never be better than it already was… BUT THEN… THEN… I REFRIGERATED THE BABES OVERNIGHT & DEVOURED THEM the next day when I got home from the gym& let me tell you… SOMEHOW, in SOME WORLD, by some UNICORN MIRACLE, they tasted EVEN BETTER & don’t get me started about the perfect texture!! We’ll be here until tomorrow…
- The leftovers (if any) should be stored in the fridge & will last for up to 3-4 days! BUT, if you want ’em to last longer, freeze ’em! I honestly don’t even know why I give you munchkins the “last longer” option. LIKE THERE’S NO CHANCE THEY’RE LASTING MORE THAN 3-4 DAYS, whether they’re in your fridge or freezer. LITERALLY…