As you know, today I whipped up my own DIY Pumpkin Spice because today’s order of business was PUMPKIN SPICE COOKIES. But to make those babies, I needed pumpkin spice! So, instead of getting the store-bought blend, I got a few ingredients together & made my own! Why not, right?
SO, before I share the cookie recipe (that I know you are all probably drooling over RN… trust me, I would be too… well rather, let’s rephrase that: THE COOKIES, WHICH I AM ALSO DROOLING OVER), let me first tell you how to make your own DYI PUMPKIN SPICE!
BTW, If you’re someone who’s going to be doing lots of fall baking & who’s into the whole pumpkin thing (or if you just really like cinnamon topping for your oats, yogurt, smoothies, rice cakes etc.), I definitely recommend doubling the recipe! This will give you more than enough for quite a few recipes & will save you time so that you don’t have to remake the spice every time you need it!
All you need to make the spice is:
- A bowl & spoon (I mean… obviously);
- 3 minutes!!!!!
- 3 tbsp. of Ceylon Cinnamon;
- 2 tsp. of ground nutmeg;
- 2 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 1/2 tsp. of ground allspice;
- 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cloves!
NOW… FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Simply mix all the spices together in a bowl & store it in a small jar or spice container!
- VOILÁ – YOUR OWN HOMEMADE VERSION OF PUMPKIN SPICE (& no reason to go for the store-bought kind).