Hi my loves!
Let’s discuss today’s post-gym sitch. Actually, first let’s discuss how I don’t know what on earth came over me this morning but I was LEGIT THE ENERGIZER BUNNY throughout the ENTIRE CLASS. But then… then…. THEN I FELT IT. Post-workout. I NEEDED ME SOME FUEL.
SO… I got home, DEVOURED one of the raw cacao coconut collagen balls I whipped up last night (which BTW, I will be sharing the recipe for at some point later tonight or tomorrow!)…
& then, I blended up this delicious post-workout lunch smoothie. AND LET ME TELL YOU, IT FUELLED ME!
Now, yes, you will wonder why I keep posting smoothie recipes when they are so similar.. BUT REALLY, it’s to give you munchkins ideas! I don’t know about you guys but I need a change every now & then, so I like to change up my superfood powders or fruits (& even veggies/greens!) or collagen powders.
ANYWHO, what’s so special about this BABE?
- For starters…. COLLAGEN (To read all about the benefits & purchase any & all Vital Proteins products, click here!);
- PROTEIN. PROTEIN. PROTEIN (& it’s vegan! & sprouted! & delicious!);
- FIBRE FOR DAYS (thanks to the psyllium husk & all the fruit & cruciferous veggies!);
- MACA. MACA. MACA. (Adaptogen, energy-boosting, skin benefits, hormone balancing & regulating… I MEAN… DO I EVEN NEED TO GO ON ANYMORE?!)
- TART CHERRIES for muscle recovery, antioxidants & natural dose of melatonin!!
- STRAWBERRIES for more antioxidants, vitamin C & NATURAL SWEETNESS!
- SPINACH for greens, tons of vitamins & minerals, including iron, vitamin K & potassium!
- BANANA for potassium & more natural sweetness!
- CINNAMON for anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial & antioxidant benefits!
- HOMEMADE CASHEW MILK for creaminess & smoothness & velvet-y-ness & healthy fats, vitamins, minerals & NUTTY DELICIOUSNESS!
- CAULIFLOWER for all the amazing benefits it provides (which I’ve ranted about A MILLION FREAKING TIMES) & for the best texture you ever did see. LITERALLY.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (Swap for more protein powder for vegan option!) – Get the Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides using my affiliate link HERE.
- 1/2 scoop of Iron Vegan Vegan Vanilla Sprouted Protein;
- 1 tsp. of psyllium husk (I use the one by Clef Des Champs Bio);
- 1 tsp. of yellow maca (I use the one by Ecoideas);
- 1/2 cup of homemade vanilla cinnamon cashew milk (RECIPE HERE: Just swap the almonds for cashews & no need for the nut milk bag!!!);
- 1/2 cup of filtered water;
- a few chunks of frozen cauliflower;
- a few slices of banana (Freeze it at the beginning of the week so you can have some ready for smoothies all week, if you want a colder, more smooth texture!);
- a handful of spinach;
- 4-5 organic frozen tart cherries;
- 1/4 cup of organic frozen strawberries;
- lots of cinnamon;
- 3 ice cubes (Leave them out if you prefer your smoothies a bit on the runnier/less cold side!);
- TOP WITH: fresh bluebs & Purely Elizabeth Mango Almond Ancient Grain Muesli!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO:
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & BLEND. That’s it. That’s all. Simple as 1-2-3!
- Add more water/milk/plant-based milk if you want a thinner consistency!
- Add more cauliflower, banana, strawberries, cherries, protein powder or collagen if you want a thicker smoothie!
- SIP SIP SIP AWAY!