OKAY, so yesterday, I whipped up a QUICK SITCH IN MAH KITCH.
& Let me tell you, QUICK DOESN’T NECESSARILY MEAN MEDIOCRE-TASTING. Heck, it doesn’t mean that IN THE LEAST BIT. In this particular sitch, QUICK MIGHT MEAN LAZY but it sure AF also means SCRUMPTIOUSLY DELICIOUS!
SO WHAT HAVE WE HERE?!
4-INGREDIENT VANILLA PROTEIN APPLESAUCE BROWNIES!!!!!!!
These babes are made with only:
- organic unsweetened cacao powder;
- Iron Vegan vanilla sprouted protein powder;
- pure organic vanilla extract;
- & unsweetened applesauce…
AND IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING, THEY ARE LIT. LIKE ON FIRE. LIKE HOUSE ABOUT TO BURN DOWN LIT.
They’re AMAZING for SO MANY REASONS that I don’t even know where to begin, but I’ll try.
First of all, the base of these babies is applesauce & who doesn’t love applesauce, right? LET’S BE HONEST HERE. It reminds me of the good ‘ol days, being a kid, without a care in the world, just chillin’, slurping on my applesauce. But, since we’re all about “adulting” & caring about our health now, let’s talk about why applesauce is a good thang!
- It contains fibre, in the form of pectin, which keeps the digestive system healthy & functioning regularly!
- It takes longer to digest & leaves your stomach more slowly, so it’ll keep you full!
- Like apples, applesauce also contains tons of vitamin C (OBVS!).
These babes also make for the perfect on-the-go snack for pre or post-workout OR JUST IN GENERAL! (even if no workout is involved!).
They’re made with sprouted PLANT-BASED protein, derived from organic non-GMO sprouted grains & seeds (brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, millet & pumpkin seed!). All of these organic sprouts are germinated at room temperature, allowing them to retain their nutrients!
They are the perf mix of vanilla & cacao!
They’re loaded with fibre & protein!
They’re rich, indulgent, fudgy, dense, healthy, CRISPY ON THE OUTSIDE WITH A MOIST & CHEWY CENTER & magically (LIKE UNICORN-LEVEL) delicious!
They’re egg-free, vegan, paleo, dairy-free, nut-free, contain no added sugar & no refined sugar!
And can we also just discuss how cute the little squares are?! (or rectangles, or whatever shape they are)? I MEAN… PROTEIN BROWNIE BITES FTW!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce;
- ½ Iron Vegan Sprouted Vanilla Protein powder;
- ½ cup of organic unsweetened raw cacao powder;
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- OPTIONAL: A little sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg OR chocolate chips before for topping or mixed in before baking!
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a loaf pan or small baking dish with parchment paper! Set aside.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl & combine until a thick dough-like batter forms! It will be thick & sticky; so don’t worry if that’s what you see!!!
- If you’re adding chocolate chips/cinnamon/nutmeg, you can add ‘em now & mix them in with the rest of this gorgeous batter OR:
- Transfer your batter into the pan & spread it evenly so that it covers the entre bottom of the pan!
- If you didn’t add the chocolate chips/cinnamon/nutmeg into the batter, you can also just add it as a topping right before sticking this BABE into the oven!
- Bake the babe at 350F for 30 minutes & allow it to cool completely before you even attempt to slice into it!
- Once cooled, you can either slice right into it & serve it as a loaf/cake OR you can slice it in half then slice it horizontally so that you create little CHOCOLATEY CUBES OF PROTEIN GOODNESS!!!!
- If there are any leftovers, store them in an airtight container & refrigerate! They’re actually delicious after they’ve had some time to firm up overnight in the fridge. TRUST ME!