Since it’s Thanksgiving today, my gym was closed! I contemplated taking the day off but then, I got bored AF. It was pouring rain & I figured, WHY NOT JUST GO TO THE GYM & COME UP WITH MY OWN LITTLE WORKOUT ROUTINE to get in a day’s worth of cardio & some strength training? So that’s what I did!
THEN, I got home & figured, since I love you munchkins OH-SO-MUCH, why not share some workout routine inspo with you?!
So, here I am, sharing today’s workout!
BEFORE I GET INTO IT, just a little DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A PERSONAL TRAINER. This is simply a workout that I came up with today, literally, as I went with it, based on how my body was feeling & my energy levels! This is not to say that this workout will necessarily work for you. Based on your energy levels & level of experience, this workout might be too intense or not intense enough for you, so feel free to adapt it to fit what YOUR BODY CAN TOLERATE!
Don’t ever push yourselves beyond what you feel your body can take. PLEASE. BE KIND TO YOUR BODY.
And now, without further ado, HERE’S TODAY’S WORKOUT!
- Treadmill interval training for 10 minutes at varying incline between 8-12 & varying speed between 5-8.
- Seated leg curl (60 lb.), 3 sets of 12 reps (10 seconds rest in between each set).
- 3x plank, hold each plank for 45 seconds (10 seconds of rest in between each plank).
- Bicep curl (10 lb.), 4 sets of 12 reps (10 seconds rest in between each set).
- 3x side plank on each side (for a total of 6), hold each plank for 30 seconds (10 seconds of rest in between each plank).
- Elliptical training for 15 minutes at varying resistance between 17-20.
- Rowing for 7 minutes.
- Overhead squats (20 lb.), 4 sets of 10 reps.
- One-legged glute kickbacks (75 lb.): 3x on each side, for a total of 6. 3 sets of 12 (10 seconds rest in between each set).
- Cool down: Treadmill for 5 minutes (Incline: 8/Speed: 3).
Depending on the length of your breaks in between the cardio & strength training workouts (& if you decide to increase the length of your break time in between each of your sets), this workout can take anywhere from 1.5 – 2 hours! PLEASE, GO AT YOUR OWN PACE.
- If you feel like you need to rest more in between your cardio & strength exercises, DO IT.
- If you feel like the break times in between each set are not long enough, INCREASE THEM.
Listen to your bodies, my loves!