Today’s a RAINY AF day in MTL & the perfect opportunity for me to get TONS of blog posts out, SO GET READY FOR IT..
& WHAT BETTER WAY THAN TO START THAN WITH THESE DELICIOUS ROASTED CARROTS?!
KAY, so I don’t know about you guys, but there’s just something about fall that makes me crave cinnamon & maple & warm & cozy & comforting deliciousness. Who feels me?!
If you do, LET’S KEEP THIS SHORT & SWEET & let me tell you how to make these (BTW, for my full guide on all things roasting & sautéing veggies, CLICK HERE: My Go-To Guide For Roasting & Sautéing Veggies From Start To Plate To Devour a.k.a. Making Your Meals (& Life) Easier One Day At A Time!
These carrots make for:
- the perfect side dish with some grilled lean protein or protein-packed sandwich/wrap!
- a great add-in for soups, pasta dishes, salads or bowls!
- a snack with some salsa, hummus or Dijon mustard!
YA FEEL ME?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 bag of carrots (As annoying as it may be, peel ‘em yourself – don’t buy the processed stuff!);
- 2 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1.5 tsp. of cinnamon;
- Black pepper & sea salt for seasoning;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 heaping handfuls of chopped cilantro;
- Coconut oil cooking spray for the finisher!
NOW, FOR THE HOW-TO?!
- Preheat your oven to 425F & line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Toss the carrots with all the ingredients until they’re fully coated & all the maple syrup has been absorbed!
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet, making sure not to pile them, spray them with the coconut oil cooking spray (this gives them the perfect char & browned roast!) & roast them for 35 minutes at 425F, until they’re soft & browned in spots!
- Remove from the oven, let cool & DEVOUR THIS DELICIOUSNESS!
- If you’ve got leftovers (& as usual, THIS IS A HUGE “IF”, store them in an airtight container & refrigerate!)