Wishing all my fellow Canadians a BEAUTIFUL THANKSGIVING WEEKEND! Need I mention that it’s a LONG ONE?! YASSSSSSSS!
This morning, before my workout, I WANTED PANCAKES. SO PANCAKES, I GOT! (WELL RATHER, pancakes I MADE, but y’all catch mah drift, right?).
Now, I know that those 3-ingredient banana pancakes have been all the rage & have become a thing lately, BUT I WANTED TO STEP IT UP A NOTCH THIS MORNING & I don’t mean to brag, but step it up, I DID INDEED!
Since I was going for a workout (a freaking IRON MAN SPIN CLASS, to be exact) & since I simply cannot go a day without my Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides, guess what? THE MAIN EVENT IN THESE BABES IS NONE OTHER THAN COLLAGEN! (& If you haven’t yet read my post all about why you NEED collagen in your life, it’s never too late! Read it here: Collagen Here, Collagen There, Collagen Everywhere: The Basics & Why You Should Add It To Your Daily Routine!
NOW, aside from the collagen (because let’s be honest, that already makes these babies SPECIAL ENOUGH), what else makes them SO DELICIOUSLY SPECIAL?
Let me explain!
- Dairy, gluten, egg, nut & soy free. SO BASICALLY, whatever your dietary restriction, you can have these!!!! & NO, I did not forget about you my vegan ladies & gents! If you want to make these babes vegan, all you gotta do is replace the collagen with some vegan sprouted protein powder (As you know, my FAVE one is the vanilla flavour by Iron Vegan).
- INCREDIBLY crumbly!
- SUPER soft!
- NATURALLY sweet & savoury!
- THE PERFECT HINT OF VANILLA!
- TOTALLY fluffy… these babes legit are the definition of HEAVEN!
- The fluff is so INSANE that you would never ever know that these babies are not made with flour. I SWEAR. Like, you’ll be stunned. shocked. & any other synonym for those words (I’m usually a dictionary, but I can’t think of any other ones for now, SO STUNNED & SHOCKED IT IS, okay?).
- All the ingredients are super healthy, clean, real & whole foods!
- THEY’RE PACKED WITH PROTEIN from the oats, collagen & almond milk!
- Perfect balance of healthy fats, carbs & protein! Great for pre-workout breaky or post-workout brunch, OR JUST FREAKING GREAT ALL THE FREAKING TIME, LEZ BE HONEST!
- OATS. OATS. OATS. The nutrition in oats is INCREDIBLE. They’re all things:
- rich in antioxidants! (higher antioxidant content than … BROCCOLI)!
- PACKED WITH SOLUBLE FIBRE (beta-glucan), which is great for keeping you full, satisfied & helps promote healthy digestion!
- help lower bad cholesterol & maintain healthy cholesterol levels!
- have a higher protein content than most grains!
- great for regulating blood sugar levels!
- rich in a variety of minerals & vitamins, such as B vitamins, magnesium & zinc!
- moderate on the glycemic index, so they’re a great alternative to refined-sugar packed cereals/mueslis & granolas!
- AND THEY REALLY ARE JUST SO DELICIOUS!
- OH & they take like NO TIME TO PREPARE. I was able to prep them, DEVOUR ‘EM (OBVS) & be out the door for my workout within 25 minutes!!! NOW TELL ME THAT ISN’T ABSOLUTELY-POSITIVELY-WONDERFUL!?
NOW, without further ado, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (Get them by clicking HERE to use my affiliate link!);
- ¾ cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- ½ cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- 2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- ½ cup of unsweetened organic apple sauce;
- 1 tsp. of non-GMO baking powder;
- 1 tsp. of baking soda;
- Coconut oil cooking spray;
- TOPPINGS: Fruit of your choice, pure organic maple syrup/raw honey, cinnamon/cacao powder, homemade mixed berry vanilla cinnamon jam (RECPE HERE). I topped mine with maple syrup, my homemade jam, cinnamon, kiwis & apple chunks!
Now, for that HOW-TO:
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & blend until all the ingredients are fully combined & a batter is formed!
- Make sure not to over-blend to the point that it’s watery!
- Heat a small skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat & spray with coconut oil cooking spray;
- Once heated, add 1/3 cup of batter to the skillet, lower the heat to MEDIUM. Since the batter is quite thick, move the skillet around to flatten/smooth the pancake & let cook until the edges begin to lift & you’re able to easily slide a spatula under & flip the pancake. It should take you about 2-3 minutes to get to that point!
- NOW, FLIP THE PANCAKE & cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat until all the batter is done;
- Plate the pancakes & top with any & all your desired toppings!