Happy SUNDAY FUNDAY!
On today’s menu, we’ve got VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE & REFINED SUGAR-FREE COOKIE DOUGH BLONDIES! But that’s not all these babies are. THEY ARE ALL THAT & SO MUCH MORE! Let me explain!
THESE COOKIE DOUGH BLONDIES ARE THE THINGS THAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF. They will literally BLOW YOUR MIND.
Made with just TEN ingredients. TEN minutes to prep. & 20-25 minutes to BAKE!
AND… AND… AND… They are all things:
- Rich & decadent, but guilt-free!
- Real food, real ingredients!!
- Simple, easy & quick!
- Made with beans (I mean obviously, have you met me?), so they’re packed with fibre & plant-based protein!
- COOKIE DOUGH, literally. That butter-meets-vanilla-meets-brown-sugar perfection, with bits of chocolate throughout (BUT WITHOUT ALL THE DAIRY!).
- Scrumptiously chewy & moist!
- Nut & soy free!
- Great source of complex carbs!
- Made with gluten-free oat flour! Melt in your mouth texture!
A DREAM COME TRUE!
The only problem? (& it isn’t even really one!): You’ll need a lot of self-control when it comes to resisting eating the entire batch!!!!
With all these benefits, you’ll have a hard time believing this is even a “treat” or “dessert”, BUT THEN YOU WILL TAKE A BITE & YOU’LL GO TO ALL KINDS OF COOKIE DOUGH HEAVEN! It’ll be hard for you to come down from there, let me tell ya.
TELL ME YOU’RE NOT SMILING FROM EAR TO EAR? Oh & the whole batch has only 1/2 cup of milled grain!
AND YOUR SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME, GUYS. Nobody will ever know that there are beans in this blondie!!! You will fool EVERYONE. No joke. I absolutely adore the soft cookie dough-like texture of the blondies & guess where it comes from? THE BEANS. NO JOKE!
NOW, before we get into the nitty-gritty of how to make these babies, let’s just discuss the benefits of cannellini beans & oat flour! OKAY? C’mon guys, I know you want to know what’s going into your bodies & why these babes will benefit you, right? KAY SO LET’S GO!
- Beans act as alpha amylase inhibitors, which stop your body from absorbing carbs quickly by blocking the enzymes responsible for their digestion. This means that they can help with healthy weight maintenance & maintaining lean body mass!
- They keep you full!
- Because of the amylase inhibitor in cannellini beans, they are extremely effective at reducing blood sugar levels & elevated dissacharidase levels, which are enzymes that break down into sugar.
- Due to their fibre content, they also help reduce the risk of diabetes! (Did you guys know that although the recommended daily intake of dietary fibre is between 25-38g, only about 5% of people in the US consume as much as they should each day?).
- High-fibre foods can also contribute to overall heart health & prevention of coronary heart disease. They also help lower LDL cholesterol levels (bad cholesterol).
- They may also help fight cancer because they contain a high level of antioxidants, so they fight the oxidative stress caused by free radicals encountered in diet & environment. They also contain polyphenols, a type of antioxidant commonly know for decreasing het risk for heart-disease & cancer.
- The antioxidants in cannellini beans also play a role in protecting the skin!
- Good for Chron’s! – A plant-based dietary fibre diet may actually help treat Chron’s disease!
- Oats are considered safe for those with a gluten allergy or gluten intolerance, easier for most people to digest & much less likely to cause negative reactions.
- Oats reduce the risk of coronary artery/heart disease due to its high-fibre content
- Lowers cholesterol: It has been shown to lower LDL (bad) cholesterol due to the Beta-glucan found in the endosperm of the cell wall of the oats. B-glucan is a highly glutinous soluble fibre so as it travels through the small intestine, it limits absorption of dietary cholesterol.
- Helps diabetes – Oats intake can benefit both blood sugar control & lipid profiles in type 2 diabetics, making it a great addition to any diabetic diet plan.
- Decreases blood pressure!
- As you guys know, oatmeal is super filling! Oats can legit hold you over really well until your next meal & since oat flour is really just ground-up whole oats, adding it to your meal will help you feel more satisfied longer!
OKAY, so we’ve established the deliciosuness of these blondies, but we’ve also established WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THEM & WHY THEY’RE SO GODO FOR YOU. So without further ado, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed mea l (+ 3 tbsp. of water to make a flax egg);
- 1 15-oz. can of cannellini beans, RINSED & DRAINED (I use the no-salt added ones by Eden Foods);
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1/4 cup of pure organic maple syrup (I use Decacer brand);
- 1/2 a mashed banana;
- •2 tbsp. of organic coconut palm sugar (I use Wholesome);
- 2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic);
- 3/4 tsp. of baking powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt;
- 1/3 – 2/3 cup mini vegan chocolate chips;
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup of extra vegan chocolate chips for topping
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a loaf pan or 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper / or grease it with some coconut oil!
- Mix the flax & 3 tbsp. of water in a small bowl & set aside to let set!
- While your flax egg is setting, rinse & drain your beans.
- NOW, add the beans & flax egg to the bowl of your food processor (a blender will work fine as well!) & pulse for several seconds until a smooth & creamy consistency is obtained!
- Once you’ve got your base, add in the gluten-free oat flour, maple syrup, banana, coconut sugar, vanilla, baking powder & salt! Blend again until all the ingredients are fully combined & completely smooth! This should take about a minute.
- Now that you’ve got your batter, remove the blade from your food processor & using a rubber or wooden spatula, pour your batter into the loaf pan/baking pan! Add in your chocolate chips & use the spatula to evenly combine & mix them in with the batter! Feel free to throw on some more chocolate chips for topping!
- Bake the babe at 350F for 20-25 minutes!
- (I strongly recommend baking for 20 & then checking on it before baking for the full 25 minutes – I baked mine without parchment paper & simply greased my pan with coconut oil & it took the full 25 minutes, but it really depends on a number of factors, so better be safe than sorry & start off with the minimum baking time then increase as necessary! You’ll want to bake them until the blondies begin to show signs of cracking & a knife/toothpick inserted in the middle & removed comes out CLEAN!
- BTW, if you added chocolate chips as a topping, you can leave them as is on top or you can take your spatula (while they are still boiling hot) & gently spread them to make a thin chocolate frosting!
- Allow the babe to cool before even attempting to remove it from the pan & before cutting!
- Once cooled, cut the blondies to your desired size & DEVOUR!
- P.S. IF YOU HAVE ANY LEFTOVERS, store them in a sealed airtight container at room temperature for a few days or longer if refrigerated!