So as you guys know, I’ve been doing a lot of balsamic vinegar based marinades for my roasted & sautéed veggies lately & I wanted a little change! I went THIS route today & all I gotta say is: YUM!!
Basically, it’s a mix of of garlic, lemon, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar (because well, WHY NOT? Read all about the benefits of ACV HERE: The Nitty-Gritty on None Other Than APPLE CIDER VINEGAR!), some spices & of course, NUTRITIONAL YEAST. Gotta CHEESE (but not actually) IT UP A BIT, ya feel?
I’m basically just posting this recipe because the MARINADE IS SO ON FREAKING POINT. I mean, by now, let’s be honest, you guys are most probably pros at all things roasting & sautéing, thanks to my full post RIGHT HURR on the blog: My Go-To Guide For Roasting & Sautéing Veggies From Start To Plate To Devour a.k.a. Making Your Meals (& Life) Easier One Day At A Time!
AND IF YOU AREN’T A PRO, DON’T WORRY, I GOT YOU COVERED. Just read the post linked above & you’re on your way to becoming PRO-ROASTER/SAUTÉER. Get excited!
ANYWHO, what I love about this marinade is that I really feel like it can go with ANYTHING! It’s super versatile, which means that if you prep these veggies at the beginning of the week, you can eat them with a different main dish every day of the week & they’ll pair perfectly!
They’re BASIC BETCHES, but hey, who said basic was bad?
Now, without further ado, let’s keep things über basic so you can get prepping!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 bunch of asparagus & tons of Brussels (or any other veggie of your choice!;
- 1/4 cup of raw organic apple cider vinegar (Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar is my ACV of choice!);
- The juice of one organic lemon;
- 2 tsp. of raw organic Dijon mustard (I use Maison Orphée);
- 1/2 – 1 tsp. of Sriracha (Depending how spicy you want it);
- 3-4 garlic cloves, MINCED;
- 1/2 tbsp. of nutritional yeast;
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- Sea salt & black pepper for seasoning & as desired!
NOW, for that HOW-TO:
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper/silicone baking mat.
- Add all the marinade ingredients to your NutriBullet or blender & BLEND ‘EM until fully combined & emulsified!
- Place your veggies in a large mixing bowl (I used asparagus & Brussels but you can really use anything!) & pour the marinade over them.
- Toss to coat your veggies completely!
- Place the veggies on your parchment-lined baking sheet & bake at 400F for 8 min. & then broil on HIGH for 2 min.