Back again, right now, with ANOTHER SMOOTHIE! (& YES, it contains cauliflower, yet again. Do it & you’ll understand why I’ve become so OBSESSED with it!).
ANYWHO, this is today’s POST-WORKOUT BANANA COCOA & GREENS PROTEIN SHAKE.
And yes, I also knowledge that there are a TON of goodies in here, but my body definitely needed a HECK OF A REFUEL after today’s workout… SO THAT’S WHAT IT GOT!
Packed with healthy fats, greens (but you’d never know if it weren’t for the colour), vitamins, minerals, adaptogens, protein, collagen, potassium & antioxidants, THIS SMOOTHIE IS LIT-AF!
Let’s break down the ingredients, for just a sec!
- Spinach – High in fibre, vitamin A & K. Anti-inflammatory. Greens fix. Great source of calcium, protein & antioxidants!
- Banana – Natural sweetener. Potassium. Rich in iron. Increases brainpower. Energy-boosting!
- Cauliflower – Detoxes liver & blood. Promotes healthy cell growth. Antioxidant & Rich in fibre!
- Vegan sprouted protein powder – Plant-based. Made from 15 different raw non-GMO sprouted grains & seeds. Complete profile of amino acids. No artificial sweeteners. 100% organic!
- Collagen peptides – Non-GMO, gluten-free & natural whole nutrition. Promotes youthful skin, healthier hair & stronger nails. Helps keep bones healthy & strong. Supports joint health. Contributes to a balanced diet & helps maintain weight. Natural glycine promotes healthy immune, digestive & central nervous systems!
- Maca – Superfood. Strength & stamina enhancer. Balances hormones. Adaptogen (helps relieve, balance & stabilize the stress on your adrenal glands & helps manage stress, anxiety & other mood disorders). Heart healthy. Helps with menopausal symptoms. May have an impact on overall health of the nervous system. Energy boosting!
- Almond butter & almond milk – Healthy fats & protein. Lowers cholesterol & the risk of developing diabetes. Brain, heart, skin & blood healthy. Antioxidants & vitamin E, as well as B vitamins. Healthy source of monounsaturated fats. Calcium, magnesium, copper & manganese. Improves immunity & overall cell function!
- Cocoa powder – Great for maintaining a heathy circulatory system. Brain health. Helps lower LDL cholesterol & glucose levels. Antioxidants & magnesium!
- Blackberries – ANTIOXIDANTS HERE, ANTIOXIDANTS THERE, ANTIOXIDANTS EVERYWHERE!
BTW, yes, I also acknowledge that the colour isn’t THAT GORG but sometimes, the ugliest smoothies are the MOST DELICIOUS. Trust me. I don’t know why but the spinach somehow ALWAYS has a way of overpowering, but hey, I’ll take ugly colour over a smoothie packed with all these benefits, not to mention, ONE THAT TASTES THIS GREAT!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- A handful of fresh spinach;
- 1/2 a banana, SLICED;
- 1/2 cup of steamed then frozen cauliflower;
- •1/2 scoop of Iron Vegan Vegan Vanilla Sprouted Protein;
- 1/2 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – GET THEM HERE USING My Vital Proteins Affiliate Link!!
- 1 tsp. of Eco Ideas yellow maca powder;
- 1/2 tbsp. of my Homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Butter (Homemade Creamy Silky Smooth Vanilla Cinnamon Raw Almond Butter a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Store-Bought!);
- 1/2 tbsp. of Organic Traditions unsweetened organic cocoa powder;
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk;
- 1/4 cup of filtered water (Just to thin it out a bit!);
- TOP with Purely Elizabeth Mango Almond Ancient Grain Muesli & fresh blackberr
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO:
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & BLEND. That’s it. That’s all. Simple as 1-2-3!
- Add more water/milk/plant-based milk if you want a thinner consistency!
- Add more cauliflower, banana, almond butter, protein powder or collagen if you want a thicker smoothie!
- Pour it into a TALL AF GLASS & ADD YOUR TOPPINGS!
- SIP SIP SIP AWAY!