Gluten-Free Banana Bread Collagen Balls a.k.a. When-Oatmeal-Cookie-Meets-Banana-Vanilla-&-Cinnamon-You-Fall-In-Love-At-First-Bite!
KAY, so, as you guys know, meal prep Sundays usually calls for some sort of protein ball / energy bite to last me throughout the week!
- A great pre-breaky snack if you’re doing an early morning workout!
- An awesome post-workout snack to refuel with tons of good carbs & protein!
- A perfect afternoon snack/pick-me-up when you want nothing more than to devour all the Chips Ahoy! in your pantry BUT THEN YOU REMEMBER YOU HAVE THESE & suddenly, you’re just not feeling the cookies anymore. YOU WANT THESE. TRUST ME.
Made with gluten-free rolled oats, ground flaxseed, homemade vanilla cinnamon creamy almond butter (RECIPE HERE), pure organic vanilla extract, Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides & banana are the MAIN EVENTS in these babies. AND REALLY, WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR?
NOW, IN CASE YOU NEED EVEN MORE CONVINCING, these babes are all things:
Quick, easy & simple!
REQUIRE NO FOOD PROCESSOR!
CONTAIN NO ADDED OR REFINED SUGAR! (In fact, they’re only sweetened with vanilla extract & cinnamon!)
Made with whole foods & real ingredients!
Delicious & naturally sweet!
OKAY, NOW I’M SURE AF THAT YOU’RE CONVINCED. And if you’re not… WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THAT THESE BABIES ARE BASICALLY OATMEAL COOKIE BATTER?
That’s what I thought… NOW, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 1/4 cup of gluten-free rolled oats (I use Only Oats);
- 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/4 cup of my Homemade Creamy Silky Smooth Vanilla Cinnamon Raw Almond Butter a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Store-Bought! (or any other creamy nut butter of your choice! – My go-to creamy almond butter is the one from Costco by Kirkland brand. The Artisana Organics one is also delicious but it’s a lot more pricey!);
- 1 ripe banana, MASHED;
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon;
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (GET THEM HERE USING MY AFFILIATE LINK!)
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- In a medium/large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients & stir with a wooden spatula or spoon until fully combined & incorporated. Basically, the oats should get coated in all the other ingredients & you should have a batter that resembles an oatmeal cookie.
- Cover the bowl & let the batter sit in the fridge for 2-3 hours (or overnight, if you wish! The batter will be wet (because of the banana), but will firm as it sets!
- Form the batter into 15-20 balls, depending on the size you prefer!
- Little tip: Wet your hands as you roll the balls to prevent them from getting too sticky!
- Once rolled, let the babes sit in the fridge for a few hours or overnight! They will firm up even more as they sit & then you cn either keep them in an airtight container in the fridge OR you can freeze them so they can harden even more (& last longer!).
- They’ll keep well in the fridge for 5-6 days OR in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If you do decide to freeze them, take them out about 15 minutes before you’re about to eat them so they can soften a bit!