Antioxidants-For-Days & Açai Protein Smoothie a.k.a. Another Day, Another Smoothie, Another Dose of Health!
ANOTHER DOSE OF HEALTH!
YES, this is YET ANOTHER ONE, similar to my other recipes, only today it has a special ANTIOXIDANT TOUCH!!
This babe is packed with protein, collagen, gut healthy foods, energy-boosting, vitamin C, antioxidants, healthy fats, greens & tons of fibre!
Basically, it’s EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A SMOOTHIE & THEN SOME!
So why açai today?! LET ME EXPLAIN!
- They’re packed with DIETARY FIBRE! They are therefore great for digestion & are actually a natural digestive cleanser as they help the liver & kidneys process & remove waste toxins from the body!
- They’re filled with antioxidants, such as: vitamins A, C & E, flavonoids, anthocyanin & polyphenols. This makes them anti-inflammatory & anti-aging, as they combat all the free radicals that enter the body through chemical contaminants, pollution & poor dietary choices. This also makes acai great for skin regeneration!
- They are packed with the 3 essential omega fatty acids (3, 6 & 9) & other monounsaturated fats, such as oleic acid, which makes them heart healthy in that they lower inflammation & help promote the production of cell membranes!
- They have TONS of electrolytes, such as magnesium, potassium, phosphorus & manganese, as well as tons of other trace minerals, such as iron, calcium & zinc & B-vitamins (B1, B2 & B3)!
- They provide tons of cognitive functioning benefits! They can help improve focus & memory by turning off inflammatory pathways that damage nerve signals to the brain. They also help stimulate clear thought processes, high energy levels & development of ways to deal with the various effects of psychological stress (Some even consider açai to be an adaptogen, like maca or reishi!).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of organic frozen mixed berries;
- 1/3 cup of steamed then frozen cauliflower;
- 5 organic frozen tart cherries;
- 1/2 a banana (OR a whole banana if it’s small or if you want your smoothie to be EXTRA CREAMY & EXTRA SWEET!);
- 1 tbsp. of freeze-dried açai powder (I use the one by Navitas Organics!);
- Cinnamon drizzle;
- 1/2 tbsp. of my Homemade Creamy Silky Smooth Vanilla Cinnamon Raw Almond Butter a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Store-Bought!;
- 3/4 – 1 cup of water (based on desired creaminess/thickness). You can replace the water with any type of plant-based milk (almond, cashew, macadamia, hemp) or regular milk;
- 1/2 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – Get them HERE using my affiliate link!!
- 1/2 scoop of Iron Vegan Vanilla Sprouted Protein;
- TOPPINGS: Fresh wild bluebs & Purely Elizabeth Mango Almond Ancient Grain Muesli!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO:
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & BLEND. That’s it. That’s all. Simple as 1-2-3!
- Add more water/milk/plant-based milk if you want a thinner consistency!
- Add more cauliflower, banana, almond butter, protein powder or collagen if you want a thicker smoothie!
- SIP SIP SIP AWAY!