ANOTHER DOSE OF HEALTH!
YES, this is YET ANOTHER ONE, similar to my other recipes, only today it has a special ANTIOXIDANT TOUCH!!
This babe is packed with protein, collagen, gut healthy foods, energy-boosting, vitamin C, antioxidants, healthy fats, greens & tons of fibre!
Basically, it’s EVERYTHING YOU WANT IN A SMOOTHIE & THEN SOME!
So why açai today?! LET ME EXPLAIN!
- They’re packed with DIETARY FIBRE! They are therefore great for digestion & are actually a natural digestive cleanser as they help the liver & kidneys process & remove waste toxins from the body!
- They’re filled with antioxidants, such as: vitamins A, C & E, flavonoids, anthocyanin & polyphenols. This makes them anti-inflammatory & anti-aging, as they combat all the free radicals that enter the body through chemical contaminants, pollution & poor dietary choices. This also makes acai great for skin regeneration!
- They are packed with the 3 essential omega fatty acids (3, 6 & 9) & other monounsaturated fats, such as oleic acid, which makes them heart healthy in that they lower inflammation & help promote the production of cell membranes!
- They have TONS of electrolytes, such as magnesium, potassium, phosphorus & manganese, as well as tons of other trace minerals, such as iron, calcium & zinc & B-vitamins (B1, B2 & B3)!
- They provide tons of cognitive functioning benefits! They can help improve focus & memory by turning off inflammatory pathways that damage nerve signals to the brain. They also help stimulate clear thought processes, high energy levels & development of ways to deal with the various effects of psychological stress (Some even consider açai to be an adaptogen, like maca or reishi!).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of organic frozen mixed berries;
- 1/3 cup of steamed then frozen cauliflower;
- 5 organic frozen tart cherries;
- 1/2 a banana (OR a whole banana if it’s small or if you want your smoothie to be EXTRA CREAMY & EXTRA SWEET!);
- 1 tbsp. of freeze-dried açai powder (I use the one by Navitas Organics!);
- Cinnamon drizzle;
- 1/2 tbsp. of my Homemade Creamy Silky Smooth Vanilla Cinnamon Raw Almond Butter a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Store-Bought!;
- 3/4 – 1 cup of water (based on desired creaminess/thickness). You can replace the water with any type of plant-based milk (almond, cashew, macadamia, hemp) or regular milk;
- 1/2 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – Get them HERE using my affiliate link!!
- 1/2 scoop of Iron Vegan Vanilla Sprouted Protein;
- TOPPINGS: Fresh wild bluebs & Purely Elizabeth Mango Almond Ancient Grain Muesli!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO:
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & BLEND. That’s it. That’s all. Simple as 1-2-3!
- Add more water/milk/plant-based milk if you want a thinner consistency!
- Add more cauliflower, banana, almond butter, protein powder or collagen if you want a thicker smoothie!
- SIP SIP SIP AWAY!