INSTANT (I Swear) Vegan Almond Chocolate Spread a.k.a. When-You-Can-Have-Your-Nutella-&-Eat-It-Too!
Hi AGAIN munchkins!
This one is going to be short & sweet: The perfect representation of EXACTLY what this recipe is.
Let’s be honest, we all love a good tablespoon or two or three of NUTELLA. But let’s also be honest that the ingredients in that deliciousness are not exactly ideal, to say the least. I mean… when sugar its the first ingredient & half of the others are impossible to pronounce, HOUSTON, WE’VE GOT A PROBLEM.
OH & NOT TO MENTION… it’s supposed to be a HAZELNUT SPREAD, but it only contains somewhere between 13 & 15% hazelnuts.. Weird, right?
Now, Nutella is okay if you’re doing it in moderation, I guess... but when you can find healthier, yummy alternatives that are packed with HEALTHY FATS, where sugar is NOT THE FIRST INGREDIENT (& where there is hardly any sugar at all… & the little bit that there is, is natural & unrefined!) & that are dairy-free (so VEGAN!), preservative-free & SUPER EASY TO MAKE, why not!?
IN CASE YOU DIDN’T CATCH MY DRIFT BY NOW, I’M ABOUT TO PROVIDE YOU WITH A RECIPE FOR JUST THAT…
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of almond meal (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use Califia Farms);
- 1 heaping tsp. of unsweetened organic cocoa powder (I use Organic Traditions) (or more, if you want a darker colour & more intense chocolate-y flavour. BUT, keep in mind that this will make the spread a bit more bitter, so you will have to add a bit more coconut sugar!);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic);
- OPTIONAL (But necessary, in my opinion!): 1/2 tsp. of organic coconut palm sugar (I use Wholesome Sweet!) – TBH, if you’re someone who likes sweeter spreads & is used to Nutella, you will definitely want to up the 1/2 tsp. to a full tsp.!
NOW, FOR THE HOW-TO… I mean, how difficult can this be? IT’S A JOKE. READY IN TWO MINUTES!
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl & mix until fully combined & incorporated!
- If you find the mix is too thin, you can either: microwave it for a few seconds or pop it in the fridge before devouring so it can firm up a bit! (Either way, you will have to store it in the refrigerator!).
- DEVOUR – Spread it on your fave crackers, rice cakes, fruit, sprouted bread, english muffins, etc. THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!