TODAY, let’s talk about the Peter Thomas Roth FIRMx Peeling Gel (or as I like to call it, EXFOLIANT/EXFOLIATOR – What exactly is the right word for that, btw?).
I’ve been using this product for about six months now & it’s safe to say that it has become my go-to! I’ve tried other exfoliators here & there and I always found myself coming back to this one. Let’s just say: No other one measured up or did the trick as well as this one!
BTW, before landing on this babe of a product, I had spent months trying to find an exfoliator that worked well for me & it seemed hopeless! I absolutely HATE the ones that contain those stiff beads & I always found that they did a better job at irritating my skin & turning it red as opposed to exfoliating.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of why I like this product so much, let’s talk about how often you should exfoliate & why!
- I like to exfoliate two times a week (usually on Wednesdays & then at some point on the weekend!). P.S. I have combination skin!
Fun fact: Dermatologists recommend exfoliating 2-3 times a week if you have normal to combination skin & once a week if you have sensitive skin! Keep in mind that over-exfoliating can cause skin irritation & inflammation, which can actually lead to accelerated aging. AND NOBODY WANTS THAT, RIGHT?
- You’ll know if you’re doing it too often if you find your skin is getting red, tender & sensitive OR:
- If you’re doing it too little if your complexion is rough & dull.
Another thing to consider that may have an impact on how often you need to exfoliate is the WEATHER. You may find that you can exfoliate more often during the warm & humid summer months & less often in the winter, when our skin is generally drier & easily irritated.
NOW, why this product over any other exfoliator out there?
Let’s be honest, there are tons to choose from & sometimes it can be hard to decide which one will work best FOR YOU, so let me tell you why this one works for me & then you can run to Sephora to get a sample ‘cause let’s be honest, YOU WILL BE SOLD. (Keep in mind that this one WORKS BEST FOR ME, but it may not for you – You gotta try it out to know for sure!)
First things first, let’s talk about what this product is actually formulated to do & then I’ll tell you why it does EXACTLY THAT!
So basically, what it is is a peeling gel that literally VISIBLY rolls & sweeps away the dead skin cells when you massage it into your skin.
The ingredients are ON FLEEK. Seriously. It’s made with pineapple, pomegranate & keratinase multi-action enzymes, which, combined with cellulose, work together to peel & uncover a smooth, fresh new complexion!
All you have to do is: Cleanse. Tone. THEN: Massage this product in a circular motion to roll, lift & sweep away the dead skin cells! You’ll notice that a little bit of product will go a long way! Once I feel like I’ve gotten all that dead skin off, I rinse well with some warm water & then proceed to apply my serum!
SO NOW THAT WE’VE COVERED ALL THAT TECHNICAL STUFF, let me tell you why this product is one of my ALL TIME FAVES!
- Feels really nice on the skin: It has a nice, soft texture & a bit of a cooling effect.
- If you’re curious about what it will do for your pores, I often notice that the day after using it, my pores look smaller.
- Instant results: As soon as I finish with this stuff, my skin is smooth, glowing, bright & a lot more firm (but not dry), fresh & clean!
- Instant gratification: You literally see the dead skin cells falling. It’s crazy but we literally do not realize how much dead skin buildup we have!
- Great for sensitive skin: It’s gentle & won’t irritate your skin in the same way that the ones packed with those stiff beads will.
- WORTH EVERY PENNY: Yes, it’s a bit pricier than most exfoliators, BUT, a little really does go a long way so you won’t find yourself running to the store to pick up a new tube of this stuff every month!
ALL THIS TO SAY: After months of using this product, I can attest to the fact that it’s AMAZING, WORTH THE PRICE/INVESTMENT & WILL DO EXACTLY WHAT IT SAYS IT DOES!
Wondering where you can pick it up?