Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free Coconut Flour Collagen & Protein COOKIE DOUGH Bites a.k.a. Scrumptious-Deliciousness-Infused-With-Beauty-&-Energy-Boosting-Benefits-Oh-&-Did-Somebody-Say-COOKIE-DOUGH?
HAPPY SUNDAY FUNDAY!
I seriously cannot get over the weather in Montreal the past few days.
I mean, I’m not complaining, but it’s like suddenly Mother Nature woke up from like a really, really long nap & decided that us Montrealers deserved a little bit of sun before fall creeps up! SO I’LL TAKE IT, but like, couldn’t she have woken up a little bit sooner? I mean… it’s September.
ANYWHO, I’m actually frantically typing away from my deck right now & soaking up all the VITAMIN D that I can because before we know it, THE FALL SWEATERS WILL COME OUT (Ah, LOVE THE FEELING OF A FRESH FALL WARDROBE CLEANUP!).
BUT TODAY, we’re not talking about wardrobe cleanup (although we could if you want)…
TODAY, we’re discussing these COCONUT FLOUR PROTEIN & COLLAGEN COOKIE DOUGH BALLS!!
Trust me, this is a discussion WORTH HAVING!
They basically satisfy every single dietary restriction in the books, LITERALLY, EXCEPT… if you’re vegan, you’ll have to sub the Collagen Peptides for some more vegan protein! They seriously need to come up with some sort of vegan version for collagen these days… I MEAN, veganism is SO ON THE RISE right now & I feel like EVERYONE DESERVES A FAIR CHANCE TO A DAILY DOSE OF COLLAGEN, ya feel me? Anywho, I could technically rant about that until I’m blue in the face, but until that happens, replace the collagen with vegan protein powder, kay? At least you’re still getting your dose of protein!
NOW, back to the dietary restrictions & to what makes these scrumptious little babes SO DAMN GOOD?
Collagen! (Unless you’re vegan – SORRY, I had to remind you again. Love me anyway?)
Crumbly, scrumptious & really really really YUMMY!
Real food, real ingredients!
Health-balanced dose of CHOCOLATE (We all deserve a little bit of chocolate every now & then, OKAY? Restriction is BAD. Moderation & balance is KEY.)
Really freaking dangerous to have ready in your fridge/freezer? YAS. BUT WHO CARES. They’re so damn good for you & are a way healthier alternative to munching on anything & everything you have in your pantry. SO I’LL TAKE THE DANGEROUS, you? (Look how risqué I am…)
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free Coconut Flour Collagen & Protein COOKIE DOUGH Bites a.k.a. Scrumptious-Deliciousness-Infused-With-Beauty-&-Energy-Boosting-Benefits-Oh-&-Did-Somebody-Say-COOKIE-DOUGH?
Aside from dietary restrictions & all that good stuff, CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE.
I swear, I took one bite & I fell in love.
& Suddenly, I began picturing crumbling these babies up & adding them to Greek yogurt or coconut or almond-based ice cream & I was like WOAH. WOAH. WOAH. What I mean by WOAH is that you could legit create your own healthy version of A DQ COOKIE DOUGH BLIZZARD, in the comfort of your own home (YESSSSS. Homebodies, FTW) & without all the nasty stuff & ZERO REFINED SUGAR. How freaking awesome does that sound, right? I know. I know. YOU LOVE ME. ME TOO. ME TOO.
That’s not the ONLY WAY you could & should eat these babes BTW. I mean, they are protein bites/energy bites/energy balls/protein balls, WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL THEM, after all! So, they do make for the perfect on-the-go snack, pre or post-workout fuel or a simple afternoon-pick me up! You can also lather some almond butter on them & BAM. BOOM. DELICIOUSLY NUTRITIOUS!
NOW, I think those last two paragraphs were enough to leave you guys salivating. And because it was & since you all already know about all the benefits of collagen because I legit have not shut up about them these days, I THINK IT’S FAIR THAT WE GET RIGHT TO THE NITTY-GRITTY. I’m sure you munchkins will agree!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 6 tbsp. of organic coconut flour;
- 3 tbsp. of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (If VEGAN, replace the Collagen Peptides with 3 tbsp. of vegan protein powder). GET THE VITAL PROTEINS COLLAGEN PEPTIDES HERE USING MY AFFILIATE LINK!
- 3 tbsp. of Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein Powder (Vanilla flavour)
- P.S. This recipe worked perfectly with THIS exact protein powder & THIS collagen. Most protein/collagen will behave differently, based on the ingredients they contain, especially when it comes to absorbing moisture! If you decide to use a different plant-based protein powder or a different brand of collagen, you might find that you need to add more powder if the dough is too wet OR more almond milk if the dough is too dry!
- 2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt;
- 3/4 cup of organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk (You can substitute any other nut milk for the almond milk, if you prefer! Cashew milk would be DELISH, but macadamia or hazelnut milk would work well too!);
- 2 tbsp. of vegan chocolate chips!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Line a plate or small baking sheet with parchment paper;
- In a medium mixing bowl, add in all the ingredients & stir to combine until all the ingredients are fully combined & incorporated. Basically, you want all the almond milk to get absorbed by the coconut flour/protein powder/collagen;
- Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes so that the batter can firm up a bit to make rolling easier;
- Carefully roll the mixture into balls & place them onto the plate/baking sheet lined with parchment paper!
- Once the balls have hardened up in the fridge, transfer them to an airtight container & store:
- In the refrigerator: If you want them to have a more chewy, but still firm texture. OR
- In the freezer: If you prefer them a little more firm & hard!
- EITHER WAY – I GUARANTEE, THEY ARE DELICIOUS!!!!!