Vegan Almond & Greens Protein Shake a.k.a. When-Your-Afternoon-Pick-Me-Up-Is-This-On-Fleek-You-Brag-About-It!
It’s a beautiful day in Montreal today, legit SUMMER. In mid-September. Really, thanks Mother Nature. It was about time you decided to be in tune with the seasons & stuff.
ANYWHO, I’m not going to complain much longer. I’ll take sun over cold for now. I DID SAY FOR NOW. Because I guiltily also do really love chilly fall days, warm lattés & oversized wool knits (I mean… WHO DOESN’T?).
BUT FOR TODAY, I’LL BRIGHTEN YOUR DAY A LITTLE BIT MORE WITH THIS GREENS GORGEOUSNESS!!
OKAY, I know, you’re probably going to say I’m exaggerating. I mean, I’m talking about a smoothie here… HOW GOOD CAN IT BE, right? BUT I SWEAR. THIS STUFF IS LEGIT PERFECTION!
Yes, its perfection is attributed in large part to its DELICIOUSNESS. But that’s not all that makes this baby perfect. THERE’S MORE TO LIFE THAN LOOKS… & TASTE, okay? So what else makes this babe THAT FREAKING MOUTHWATERING GOOD?
Healthy fats ✔️
Naturally sweet ✔️
Greens fix ✔️
TO SUM IT UP (When am I ever able to sum something up though? LET’S BE HONEST HERE)
- PROTEIN for: Developing lean muscle mass. Energy boost. Increased satiety & feeling of fullness. Essential nutrients. Fibre. Metabolism boost!
- ALMOND MILK for: Minerals, like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium & zinc & vitamins, like C, B6, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, folate & vitamin A! Immune system boost!
- SPINACH for: Removing toxins. Metabolism boost. Energy production. Balancing the blood’s pH levels. Strengthening bones & the cardiovascular system!
- BLACKBERRIES for: ANTIOXIDANTS. Digestion. Immune system health. Cleansing the blood. Healthy bones, heart & skin!
- BANANAS for: Natural sweetness. Texture. Potassium. Digestion. Strong bones. Nervous system health. Iron. Energy!
- CINNAMON for: Anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial & anti-clotting properties. Spice. Savoury flavour. Regulates blood sugar & cholesterol. Brain healthy!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 scoop of Iron Vegan Organic Vegan Sprouted Protein (Flavour: Vanilla). This protein is made with brown rice, amaranth, quinoa, millet & pumpkin seeds. It’s low carb (4g). High in fibre (3G). CONTAINS ZERO SUGAR & 17g of protein per scoop! It’s SO DELISH & doesn’t have that gross protein powder aftertaste (I don’t know about you guys but it has literally taken me YEARS to find a protein powder that I could tolerate because I couldn’t stand the chalky aftertaste of SO MANY that I have tried in the past!);
- 1 cup of homemade vanilla cinnamon almond milk (RECIPE HERE)! You can totally use store-bought almond milk, other nut milk (BUT, if possible: Try to make sure that it’s ORGANIC, UNSWEETENED & FREE OF CARRAGEENANS), dairy milk or other milk alternative, if you prefer;
- LOADS of fresh organic spinach!
- A handful of organic frozen blackberries!
- 1/2 a banana!
- CEYLON CINNAMON!
- FOR TOPPING: Organic wild blueberries &/or ANY gluten-free granola or muesli!
- 1/2 or 1 whole pitted date OR 1/2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup, for added sweetness (I find the shake is JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF SWEET without the date, but if you taste it & find you need that extra touch of sweet, you can totally add the date / maple syrup & re-blend for about 30 seconds!).
- You can also throw in some ice cubes, if you want a more chilled smoothie!
How’s that for an afternoon pick-me-up?
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & BLEND AWAY until desired smoothness & consistency is obtained!
- If you find the smoothie is too thick: Add in some more almond milk!
- If you find the smoothie isn’t thick enough: Throw in some more banana for sweetness/protein powder/collagen to thicken it up! (GET THE VITAL PROTEINS COLLAGEN PEPTIDES HERE USING MY AFFILIATE LINK!).
- TOP with some fresh wild blueberries (or other fruit of your choosing) &/or gluten-free granola/muesli!
- SIP AWAY! & fuel up!!