Asian Ground Chicken Sautéed in Sweet White Onion, Fresh Parsley, Coconut Aminos & Raw Organic Toasted Peanuts a.k.a. Another One Of The Million Reasons Why I Swear By Meal Prep!
Ever heard the saying “ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DOLLAR?“. I’m sure you have. And if you haven’t. WELL NOW YOU HAVE. But RN, I’m changing that saying up a bit to adapt it to my SITCH.
ANOTHER DAY, MORE GROUND CHICKEN!
CAN YOU TELL I AM IN LOVE? (With ground chicken, that is).
This time, I went the Asian route!
Super simple, but so delicious!
Sautéed in sweet white onion, fresh chopped parsley, ground ginger, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper chilli flakes, Himalayan pink salt, coconut aminos, Sriracha, raw organic apple cider vinegar & organic coconut oil, this stuff is WOAH.
& To top it all off, we threw in some organic raw peanuts a few minutes before the chicken was cooked through just to get them a little toasted!
THE CRUNCH FROM THE PEANUTS ADDS THE PERFECT TOUCH TO THE WARM SCRUMPTIOUSNESS OF THE CHICKEN!
BEFORE WE GET INTO THE NITTY-GRITTY, I just want to talk about COCONUT AMINOS for A SEC (or two… or three… or a few minutes). As you guys have probably noticed, I’ve been using them A LOT in tons of my recipes as a substitute for soy-sauce & as a way to get those Asian flavours in all while using a healthier seasoning that contains WAY LESS SODIUM than its competition!
BUT WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEY, RIGHT? In a nutshell (because Lord knows I could go on for hours if I do not limit myself. FML. I’M A FREAKING CHATTERBOX, MAN), they are RAW, ORGANIC, NON-GMO, SOY-FREE & GLUTEN-FREE. They basically act as a soy-sauce substitute & are super rich in flavour, BUT WITH 65 LESS SODIUM THAN SOY SAUCE.
If you aren’t a fan of COCONUT, we cannot be friends. KIDDING. I STILL LOVE YOU. But, we’ll talk about your lack of love for coconut another time. IN THE MEANTIME, know that this stuff has NO COCONUT TASTE WHATSOEVER!
Coconut aminos are basically enzymically alive & made from fermented coconut sap, mixed with hand-harvested, UNREFINED, unbleached, naturally-white SEA SALT! This is what gives it that salty taste you would otherwise get from soy sauce!
GET THIS – THEY ALSO CONTAIN PLANT-PROTEIN & TONS OF AMINO ACIDS, which are building blocks protein that our bodies cannot produce on their own. SO… yes, they are DELICIOUS. NUTRITIOUS. A HEALTHIER ALTERNATIVE TO SOY-SAUCE! HOW’S THAT FOR A PACKAGE DEAL?
Wondering what makes this so VERSATILE & why you can pretty much USE IT ALL WEEK LONG?
- Pack this deliciousness into rice paper rolls, lettuce wraps or grilled bell peppers!
- Use it in salads, bowls or stir fries!
- DEVOUR AS IS!
The possibilities are endless!
AND NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, let’s hope you’re developing as much of an obsession with ground chicken as I am. & EVEN IF YOU AREN’T, continue reading. The ingredients list is sure to help with that!
LET’S GET RIGHT TO IT!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- Coconut oil cooking spray (or avocado oil);
- 2 sweet white onions, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 1 package of lean ground chicken;
- 2 tsp. of Sriracha;
- 1/4 cup of Naked Coconuts coconut aminos (or any other soy-sauce substitute, OR REDUCED-SODIUM soy sauce, if you must!);
- 2 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar (ALWAYS FROM THE MOTHER!)
- 1 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1/4 tsp. of red pepper chilli flakes;
- Himalayan pink salt for seasoning;
- 1/4 cup of raw organic peanuts, CRUSHED!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Heat a large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Once heated, spray the skillet with coconut oil cooking spray (or avocado oil, if you prefer) & add the onion & parsley! Sauté for about 3-4 minutes, stirring here & there until the onion browned & fragrant & the parsley begins to wilt.
- Once your onion is browned & fragrant & your parsley is wilted & cooked, add in the ground chicken!
- Season the chicken with all the spices & sauces! Toss to combine the chicken, seasonings & spices with the veggies!
- Lower your heat to MEDIUM & cook the chicken, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink & begins to brown & cook through!
- Once your chicken is ALMOST cooked through, throw in the peanuts! Sauté for another 2-3 minutes to get the peanuts just the right amount of toasted!
- Once your chicken is cooked through & your peanuts are perfectly toasted, remove the skillet from the heat & let cool before storing in an airtight container & refrigerating.
- WHO THE F AM I KIDDING THOUGH? How could one resist tasting this stuff straight out the skillet, like come on… if you have that much resistance, please contact me STAT to tell me how you’ve developed it. I would love to know. Seriously.