Ginger Garlic Cilantro Ground Chicken Sautéed With White Onion & Bell Peppers a.k.a. Another-Day-Another-Meal-Prep-Idea-&-This-One-Will-WOW-You!
HAPPY (end of) SUNDAY FUNDAY!
If you munchkins follow me on Instagram & I CERTAINLY HOPE YOU DO because you can see all these recipes come to LIFE, LIVE, y’all know that my sister & I meal-prepped ALL DAY, LITERALLY! We prepared TONS of yummy stuff for the week, from roasted balsamic veggies to garlicky cauliflower rice to a fresh batch of homemade jam to THIS BABE OF A RECIPE!!!
Ground chicken is seriously a CLASSIC. I’ve actually got a ground turkey recipe that’s already up on the blog & that I’ve used for ground chicken quite a few times, but today, we wanted to switch things up a bit! (P.S. If you’ve never tried the ground turkey recipe I’m referring to, here it is: Kelly’s Go-To Gluten-Free Spiced-Up Ground Turkey a.k.a. The-Babe-Of-A-Recipe-That-Made-Me-Gain-Celeb-Status-Oh-&-Excuses-To-Be-Lazy-FTW!).
ANYWHO, that entire rant about my ground turkey recipe to say that WHENEVER I’VE GOT GROUND TURKEY OR CHICKEN READY & WHIPPED UP IN MY FRIDGE, MY LIFE IS IN ORDER & COMPLETE. Literally. It’s probably one of (WHO AM I KIDDING? MY ALL-TIME) favourite meal prep solutions & trust me when I say that this babe (& my other recipe) will become STAPLES for you munchkins too! Don’t believe me? TRY ‘EM & NEVER LOOK BACK!
This time, not only did we sauté the ground chicken with loads of seasonings & spices, but we also threw in some REALLY, REALLY CHOPPED VEGGIES to liven it up a bit & add some CRUNCH! (P.S. All the credit goes to my sous-chef & sissy for chopping up the veggies. THERE WAS NO WAY I WAS CHOPPING ALL OF THAT. LAZY PROBS, FTW! #noshame! THANKS BOO. LOVE YOU <3).
ANYWHO, I feel like I’ve ranted enough, SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- Coconut oil cooking spray;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic, CRUSHED;
- 1 white onion, FINELY CHOPPED;
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, FINELY CHOPPED;
- 1 small red bell pepper, FINELY CHOPPED;
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, FINELY CHOPPED;
- 1 package of extra-lean ground chicken;
- 2 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1/4 cup of Naked Coconuts coconut aminos (soy-sauce substitute) or reduced-sodium soy sauce or gluten-free Tamari;
- 2 tsp. of Sriracha;
- Himalayan pink salt & coarsely ground black pepper for seasoning!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Heat a large skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat. Once heated, spray the skillet with coconut oil cooking spray (or avocado oil, if you prefer) & add the garlic! Sauté the garlic for about 3-4 minutes, stirring here & there until browned & fragrant!
- Once your garlic is browned & fragrant, throw in the onion, bell peppers & cilantro! (KAY, don’t actually THROW them in… you don’t wan’t to make an EVEN bigger mess in your kitch ‘cause let’s be honest, you already made a big enough one as you prepped your ingredients! BUT YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN, ADD THE VEGGIES TO THE SKILLET, OK?).
- Sauté the veggies over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until they begin to soften, brown & cook through.
- Once your veggies are ready & gorge AF (‘Cause really, what’s better than fresh sautéed veggies?), add your ground chicken to the skillet & season with the ground ginger, coconut aminos, Sriracha, Himalayan salt & black pepper! Toss to combine the chicken, seasonings & spices with the veggies!
- Lower your heat to MEDIUM & cook the chicken & veggies, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is no longer pink & begins to brown & cook through! At this point, your veggies will have softened, but should still be a little bit crunchy!
- Once your chicken is cooked through, remove the skillet from the heat & let cool before storing in an airtight container & refrigerating.
- WHO THE F AM I KIDDING THOUGH? How could one resist tasting this stuff straight out the skillet, like come on… if you have that much resistance, please contact me STAT to tell me how you’ve developed it. I would love to know. Seriously.
& IF YOU NEED SOME INSPIRATION FOR A BOWL (OBVS), here’s what I whipped up for dins tonight! & Guess what? READY IN 5 MINUTES… not even kidding! A day’s worth of meal prep is THIS WORTH IT! The base of this bowl is Garlic & Cilantro Cauliflower Rice & its topped with my Ginger Garlic Cilantro Ground Chicken, Balsamic Roasted Carrots, Zucchini & Asparagus & lots of Simply Natural organic mild salsa & coarsely ground black pepper! Drooling yet? I BET YOU ARE! & YES, my obsession with bowls continues & is EVER SO PRESENT!