So this morning, I got home from the gym AFTER A REALLY INTENSE WORKOUT & really felt like I needed a bit of an energy boost to get me back on my feet & give me the fuel to get through the rest of my day! Keep in mind I had been up since like 6:30 AM, so by 10:30AM & AFTER A CRAZY BOOTY CAMP CLASS, you can imagine why I needed the pick-me-up!
ANYWHO, instead of having my usual double chocolate black bean cookies or protein/collagen ball with some berries or other fruit (ALTHOUGH I’M OBSESSED WITH THOSE SNACKS TOO!), I decided to opt for a VEGAN PROTEIN SHAKE! I figured I could pack it with loads of energy-boosting, yummy & healthy ingredients that would give me JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR & boy did I figure right!
So, I won’t tease you with the ingredients JUST YET because well, I‘m in a nice mood today. USUALLY, I LOVE TO TEASE.
But today, let me first tell you why this smoothie is everything you want & more from a post-workout shake!
In a nutshell:
Full of antioxidants from the berries!
Vitamins & minerals from the greens!
Potassium from the bananas!
Protein for that post-workout refuel & muscle recovery!
Collagen for that beauty-booster!
Heart-healthy (thanks to the almond butter)!
Healthy fats from the cashew milk & the nut butter!
Anti-inflammatory & digestive-system friendly thanks to the cinnamon!
Energy-boosting & hormone-balancing maca!
Topped with GoGo Quinoa gluten-free muësli for some crunch & healthy carbs!
PERFECT SMOOTHIE TO FUEL YOU RIGHT BACK UP & GET YOU READY TO TACKLE THE REST OF YOUR DAY!
Ladies & gents, this is my Post-Workout Berry & Greens Vegan Shake a.k.a. That-All-In-One-Antioxidants-Collagen-&-Protein-Package-Deal-I’ll-Take-It-You?
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of organic frozen blackberries;
- 1/2 cup of organic frozen spinach;
- 1/2 a banana;
- 1 scoop of My Iron Vegan Sprouted Protein (Vanilla);
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (GET THEM HERE USING MY AFFILIATE LINK!);
- 1 tbsp. of creamy almond butter;
- 1/2 cup of homemade cashew or almond milk (RECIPE HERE):
- 1 cup of filtered water;
- 1 tsp. of Organika Health Maca & Cacao Blend;
- Cinnamon drizzle!
OKAY, how delicious do these ingredients sound? Every single one of them is LEGIT DELISH, but just wait until they’re all combined…
YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO FLIP THE F OUT. NO JOKE.
So without further ado, let’s get to the HOW-TO?
- Add all the ingredients to your blender & BLEND IT ALL UP until smooth & creamy consistency is obtained!
- If you find the smoothie is too thick, you can add more cashew milk or more water (Keep in mind that the water will dilute the flavours, so I definitely recommend adding more cashew milk if you want a thinner-consistency smoothie!);
- If you find the smoothie is too thin/watery, you can add in some more almond butter, berries or more protein/Collagen Peptides!
- Pour the smoothie into a tall glass, top with the muesli & then SIP AWAY!
- ENJOY MY LOVES! Xoxo! <3