HAPPY TUESDAY (& HAPPY SHORT WORK-WEEK)!
As you munchkins probably know by now, I like to spend a bit of my weekend (or Mondays) meal prepping some yummy healthy eats that can last throughout the week & let me throw together quick & easy lunches & dinners (especially when I get home from the gym FAMISHED).
This week, I prepped a fresh batch of my homemade Vanilla Cinnamon Jam (RECIPE HERE), sautéed Brussels sprouts (RECIPE HERE), my Flourless Chocolate Cake (RECIPE HERE) & THIS TURMERIC ROASTED CHICKEN BREAST… GUYS, if you like turmeric (& even if you don’t, BE A RISK TAKER & TRY IT), THIS STUFF WILL WOW YOU.
I know, you’re probably going to say, how could this chicken be so “WOW” when it’s so freaking simple, right? IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO WHAT I’VE TOLD YOU MUNCHKINS IN THE PAST – Sometimes, simple is BETTER! And this, my loves, THIS CHICKEN, is one of those “sometimes” situations!
I’ve RAVED & RANTED to you munchkins about all the benefits of turmeric in the past, so out of fear of BORING YOU, I’ll be brief! In a nutshell, it’s loaded with TONS of health benefits & not only that, but it will add so much flavour (AND SO MUCH YELLOWNESS) to your dishes (& YOUR HANDS, FINGERS, KITCHEN COUNTERS, SPATULAS & BOWLS).
Some of the health benefits of turmeric include:
- Great for nervous system health!
- Helps fight depression!
- Regulates blood sugar!
- Natural probiotic!
- Detoxifies the liver!
- Boosts metabolism!
- Reduces bad cholesterol!
- Helps with digestion!
- Helps alleviate seasonal allergies!
- High in manganese, iron, vitamin B6, fibre & potassium!
THERE’S MORE & knowing me, if I don’t stop, I could go on for days, SO I’LL STOP HERE, BUT ONLY THIS TIME. And, if you want to read more about all of turmeric’s benefits in greater detail, check it out HERE!
BEFORE WE GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY, let’s just discuss what makes this chicken so freaking PERFECT!
Flavour for days!
Juicy & tender!
Crispy on the outside!
Versatile AF (Cut her up, eat her whole, slice her into strips, shred her, DO JUST ABOUT ANYTHING WITH HER!)
Packed with protein & healthy fats!
Great addition to any lunch or dinner dish!
BASICALLY, THERE IS NOT ONE REASON THAT COMES TO MIND AS TO WHY YOU SHOULDN’T MAKE THIS RECIPE. SO DO IT. STAT.
I PRESENT YOU WITH: Kelly’s Turmeric Roasted Chicken Breast a.k.a. Meal Prep Solutions FTW – Oh & Making Your Life Easier One Day (OOPS, I Mean Roast) At A Time!
NOW, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET’S DISCUSS INGREDIENTS! These ones are basically the definition of BASIC.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 large package of chicken breast (Usually, this should give you anywhere between 4-6 breasts, but adjust your seasonings, if necessary, based on how much chicken you’re making! If you’re cooking for a family, you may want to double the recipe, especially if you’re using this as a meal prep solution. TRUST ME, THIS STUFF WILL GO FAST!)
- 1 1/2 tsp. turmeric!
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder!
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. of black pepper!
- Himalayan pink salt for seasoning!
- Coconut oil (or avocado oil) cooking spray!
AND FOR THAT HOW-TO? I LEGIT think it’s even MORE BASIC than the ingredients. No kidding. Look how easy I’m making your lives though. ADMIT YOU ADORE ME.
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Clean & cut up your chicken breast to your desired size/thickness! You can keep the breast full, slice them into strips or cube it up!
- Add the chicken breast to a mixing bowl. Season with the turmeric, garlic powder, black pepper & Himalayan pink salt!
- Toss to coat all the chicken in the spice mix!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper!
- Place the chicken on the baking sheet, making sure not to layer it to ensure even cooking! Spray the chicken with coconut oil cooking spray (or avocado oil, according to preference! – I use Spectrum Organic Coconut Oil Cooking Spray – I SWEAR BY THIS STUFF THOUGH!);
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes, then remove from the oven, FLIP & bake for another 15 minutes, until chicken is cooked through BUT STILL TENDER & JUICY!
- Once cooled, store the chicken in an airtight container & refrigerate for the PERFECT MEAL PREP SOLUTION ALL WEEK LONG, BABY!