Kelly’s Simple-AF Spiced Up Cauliflower Rice a.k.a. That-Low-Carb-Rice-Alternative-You-Can-Use-In-&-On-Anything!
Happy to remind you that it’s ONLY the start of your weekend because THIS ONE’S A LONG ONE! Winning!
As you all know (if you follow me on Instagram & YOU SHOULD!), yesterday, I whipped up some super easy, simple, DELISH & versatile cauliflower rice! I don’t think you munchkins need much convincing as to why this stuff is literally HEAVEN, but in case you do, let’s get into it, JUST A LIL’ BIT!
First things first, cauliflower rice is a PERFECT substitute for rice.
Same texture. BUT LIGHTER!
NOT STARCHY, LESS CARBS & A PERF WAY TO SQUEEZE IN SOME MORE VEGGIE SERVINGS INTO YOUR DAY (Because, let’s be honest, sometimes, you just don’t know if you’re getting enough!). Trust me when I tell you munchkins that if you get the texture right (& you will if you listen to me & follow THIS RECIPE, you will HARDLY feel the difference. UNLESS YOU’RE LIKE RICE-OBSESSED… Then, Houston, we may have a slight issue).
NOW, if we talk nutrition for just a sec, cauliflower rice is also an amazing source of ESSENTIAL VITAMINS & MINERALS, such as vitamins C, K & B6 & a great source of FIBRE, OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS & PHOSPHORUS!
This is not to say that rice isn’t good for you or nutritious, BUT when you can get all of this from CAULIFLOWER RICE, which highly resembles the texture & consistency you’re getting from rice, WHY NOT CHANGE IT UP EVERY NOW AND THEN? Change is always good. Y’all know that.
LASTLY, cauliflower rice is like the most versatile thing on this planet.
Seriously. It can literally be thrown onto or in anything, such as bowls, salads, cauliflower sushi, stir fries, fried rice, rice papers rolls or served as a side dish with meat, poultry, fish or seafood. BASICALLY, YOU NAME IT & THROW IT ON. AND BOOM. BAM. DELISH!
You all know that I have a longstanding obsession with cauliflower & well, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVE WAYS TO USE IT. Trust me when I say that it will become one of yours too!
This stuff is clean, healthy, delicious, flavourful, vegan, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free.
I MEAN… WHAT REASON IS THERE NOT TO ADORE IT?
And now, without further ado & simply because I really do not think this deliciousness needs any more or much more justification, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 head of cauliflower, RINSED, DRAINED & STEMS CHOPPED!;
- 2 tbsp. of Naked Coconuts coconut aminos (or other soy sauce substitute or gluten-free Tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce, if that’s all you’ve got!);
- 2 tbsp. of organic sodium-free & sugar-free natural rice vinegar;
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric;
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- A few pinches of cayenne pepper;
- Himalayan pink salt & black pepper for seasoning!
- OPTIONAL: Sriracha or red pepper chilli flakes for some spice!
BASICALLY, YOU NEED CAULI & just a few simple ingredients & spices.
EASY AS 1-2-3!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?:
- First things first, wash, drain & thoroughly dry your cauliflower! Then, remove all the greens, chop off as much as possible of the stems & cut your cauliflower up into little florets!
- Once your cauliflower is all cut up & CUTE AF (Lez be honest), add it to the bowl of your food processor & pulse on high until you obtain a rice-like consistency. (Y’all know what rice looks like, right? I don’t think I need to give you instructions when it comes to that, LIKE C’MON MY LOVES!).
- Once you’ve got that rice, transfer it to a paper towel & pat down on it to remove any excess moisture. NOBODY LIKES SOGGY RICE, EH?
- OKAY, NOW THAT YOU’VE BROUGHT THAT CAULI-RICE INTO EXISTENCE, add the cauliflower rice to a medium or large skillet (depending how big your cauliflower was to begin with) & season with the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, turmeric, ginger, garlic, cayenne, Himalayan salt & black pepper! Toss to coat the rice in all these beautiful spices & flavours!
- Once the rice is coated, set your heat to medium-high & sauté the rice for anywhere between 5 to 8 minutes, until it begins to brown, become a bit tender and absorbs the spices & juices from the coconut aminos/rice vinegar & it’s fragrant AF!
- Remove the rice from the heat!
- Serve immediately! OR
- Let cool & store in an airtight container in the refrigerator!