Kelly’s Crumbly, Soft & Chewy 7-Ingredient Oatmeal Almond Butter, Maca, Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies a.k.a. Cookies-With-Benefits-OHMACOOKIEGOODNESS!
Happy FRIYAY & HAPPY LONG WEEKEND!
LABOUR DAY means that you can treat YO’SELF. Okay? (I mean, let’s be honest, these cookies are so freaking healthy, they hardly fall into the definition of TREAT YO’SELF, but anyway, DO IT! – YOU DESERVE IT!).
It sure as F is your lucky day! I’m about to share a BABE OF A RECIPE with you munchkins, not to mention, one that is PERFECT for these chilly fall days I feel creeping up on us sooner than we think!
I JUST KNOW YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO LOVE THESE, not only because they’re so magically delicious but also because of their simplicity! Sometimes, we all just like a simple cookie that we can whip up in no time & devour ASAP. Like, sometimes we just need a cookie. LEZ BE HONEST. And when you can devour cookies as healthy as these (without even feeling like you’re missing out on “the real stuff”), YOU WANT THEM EVEN FASTER. Trust me.
All this to say:
WHAT A COOKIE.
So, what have we here, you ask? WE’VE GOT 7-INGREDIENT (Yes, that’s it!!!) ALMOND BUTTER OATMEAL DARK CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES!
Made with creamy almond butter, quick cooking rolled oats, pure organic maple syrup, 1 egg, coconut sugar sprinkle, organic 85% cocoa dark chocolate chunks & raw yellow maca, these babes are A MILLION DIFFERENT AMAZING THINGS:
Chocolatey but not overly sweet!
Packed with fibre & healthy fats!
Refined sugar free (the maple syrup is the perfect complement to the nut butter!)
Made with only whole & real ingredients!
Great for your skin thanks to the maca & the vitamin E in the almond butter!
SIMPLY MAGICALLY PERFECTLY DELICIOUS!
Might as well elaborate a bit on their deliciousness… I mean, they kind of speak for themselves, dontcha think? IN CASE YOU AREN’T CONVINCED, they’re all things
crumbly on the outside!!
soft & chewy on the inside!!
just the right amount of crisp on the bottom!!
THEY’RE CHOCOLATEY AF.
Warm them up before devouring & they are a chocolate lover’s dream! BUT THIS IS 85% COCOA. IT’S ORGANIC. IT’S MADE WITH ONLY GOOD STUFF. & You know what? YOU WON’T EVEN FEEL IT. That’s how good they are. Seriously.
P.S. These babies are ALL OF THE ABOVE & they’re also… SUPER DUPER EASY TO MAKE! They require no blender. No food processor. Just a mixing bowl. Your arm strength. & Baking sheets!
And now, WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of creamy almond butter (I used Kirkland Signature);
- 1 1/2 cups of quick-cooking rolled oats (I used Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1/2 cup of pure organic maple syrup (I used Decacer);
- 1 large egg;
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut palm sugar (I used Wholesome Sweet);
- 2 tsp. of raw yellow mama (I used EcoIdeas) (Read all about the benefits of maca HERE);
- 1-85% cocoa dark chocolate bar, CRUMBLED (I used the Green & Black’s Organic 85% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Bar – IT’S MY GO TO & I am obsessed!!)
Now, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside!
- Break up your chocolate bar using your hands or the back of a measuring cup! (Usually works for me – MAKESHIFT HAMMERS FTW!).
- Place all the ingredients (except the chocolate chunks) in one LARGE mixing bowl & mix until well combined!
- Once combined, throw in the chocolate chunks & DIE AT THE SIGHT & SMELL OF THIS GORG BATTER. Toss again until the chunks are evenly spread out in the batter!
- If you’ve got the time, refrigerate the dough for anywhere between 20 & 30 minutes just to let it firm up a little bit to make rolling easier.
- If you don’t have time, NO WORRIES. This step is totally not crucial & you can simply proceed with making the babes right away once the batter is ready!
- ONCE THE DOUGH IS CHILLED/OR RIGHT AWAY: Roll the dough into 1.5 tbsp.-ish balls (or bigger or smaller, according to your preference!) & then place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet!
- Once all your balls are formed, flatten them a bit & sprinkle them with the organic coconut palm sugar!
- BAKE THE BABES FOR 10-12 MINUTES! (12 MINUTES was perfect for me but it really depends on your oven & its strength! For this reason, I recommend baking them for 10 minutes, checking on them once the timer beeps & annoys the F outta you & then deciding whether or not they could use a couple more minutes of baking time! WORKS EVERY TIME FOR MOI!).
- If you’ve got any leftovers, store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days! If you want the babes to last longer, store in airtight container & refrigerate. BUT HONESTLY, YOU MOST LIKELY WON’T HAVE LEFTOVERS ANYWAY!