Spiced Up Gluten-Free, Vegan & Refined-Sugar-Free Lemony Maple Almond Butter Dressing a.k.a. Lusciously Creamy & Deliciously Smooth Dressing, Sauce & Marinade FTW!
It’s ALMOST the weekend & we have so much to look forward to because this one is a LONG one! Labour day, FTW! Let’s pray for sunny weather & use it as an excuse to enjoy DELICIOUS food. I mean, did you really need an excuse? WHO ARE WE KIDDING?
No but seriously, there’s nothing better than a fresh, crisp salad full of greens, protein & healthy fats smothered in a nutritious, creamy & luscious dressing (& if we can eat it outside to enjoy the last few rays of sunshine, WHY THE F NOT?)
AND SO, as promised (because I ALWAYS keep my promises!), yesterday, I whipped up a Spiced Up Lemon-y Maple Almond Butter Dressing & it’s seriously the closest thing to perfection you can get in a dressing.
What I love about this one is that it’s:
Made with the cleanest ingredients!
Luscious, creamy, delicious!
Can double as both a dressing & a marinade or sauce for sushi, seafood, chicken, raw fish, tartare or rice paper rolls!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Spiced Up Gluten-Free, Vegan & Refined-Sugar-Free Lemony Maple Almond Butter Dressing a.k.a. Lusciously Creamy & Deliciously Smooth Dressing, Sauce & Marinade FTW!
And nutrition-wise? IT’S QUITE THE HEALTHY CHOICE! It’s all things:
Full of healthy fats (mostly unsaturated!)!
Vitamin E & magnesium!
Great for digestion!
Good for your bones & your skin & heart healthy!
Good energy boost!
Reduces cholesterol & supports healthy cellular function!
Who would’ve thought you could reap all these benefits from an ALMOND-BUTTER BASED salad dressing, right?
AND WAIT FOR IT, the GINGER adds the perfect touch with its anti-inflammatory properties & its abilities to help ease muscle pain & soreness, lower blood sugar, improve cardiovascular disease risk factors & treat chronic indigestion and other stomach discomfort issues!
YOU GET ALL OF THIS & IT TASTES NOTHING SHORT OF HEAVENLY!
So, without further ado, LET ME EXPLAIN HOW TO MAKE THIS HEAVENLY-NESS YOURS. LET’S GET RIGHT TO IT!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 garlic cloves, CRUSHED;
- 1/4 cup of creamy almond butter;
- The juice of one lemon;
- 2 tbsp. water;
- 2 tsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 2 tsp. of natural organic unseasoned rice vinegar (Make sure to buy the no-sodium/no-added-sugar kind!);
- 1/2 tsp. of ginger powder or 1 tsp. of fresh ginger, CRUSHED;
- 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- Himalayan pink salt for seasoning;
- A pinch of cayenne;
That’s it. That’s all. No refined sugars. No dairy. No gluten. Nothing bad. ONLY THE CLEANEST INGREDIENTS!
Ok loves, NOW FOR THAT HOW-TO?
IT DOESN’T GET SIMPLER THAN THIS. Seriously.
- Add all the ingredients to your food processor & process until SMOOTH, LUSCIOUS & CREAMY!
- Once your dressing is ready, check the consistency/texture & see if it’s where you like it & of course, TASTE & adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- If you find your dressing is too thick:
- You can add some more lemon juice for zest!
- Maple syrup for natural sweetness!
- Rice vinegar for tanginess!
- Or simply add some more water!
- Add these ingredients progressively so that you don’t end up with a watered down dressing!
- If you find your dressing isn’t thick enough & you prefer to use it as more of a marinade or dipping sauce and want to achieve a creamier consistency, add more almond butter! This will also give your dressing/dip a nuttier flavour!
- If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container & refrigerate!