THE-BEST-EVER Superfood Cocoa Almond Butter Oat Bites a.k.a. Scrumptiously-Chewy-Yet-Crumbly-&-Just-The-Right-Amount-Of-Chocolatey-Oh-&-Chaga-Is-More-Than-Just-A-Mushroom!
TODAY, I WHIPPED UP THESE SUPERFOOD COCOA ALMOND BUTTER OAT BITES! (& I freaking KILLED it).
Made with the cleanest, good-for-you, delicious & health-benefit packed ingredients, these babes make for the perfect mid-morning snack/afternoon pick-me-up or pre or post-workout munchies!
Chaga mushroom powder!
Organic unsweetened cocoa powder!
Creamy almond butter!
Gluten-free rolled oats!
Pure organic maple syrup
They’re clearly made with REAL FOOD & REAL INGREDIENTS, packed with protein, naturally-sweetened, fibre, healthy fats & carbs, not to mention they’ll provide you with TONS of energy thanks to the superfoods they’re infused with – Cocoa, maca & chaga FTW!
The (more) good news about these babies is that they are tots customizable!
No almond butter? NO PROBLEM. Sub any other nut butter!
Not into chocolate? (SERIOUSLY, ARE YOU OKAY?), omit the cocoa powder & add collagen or protein powder! (GET THE VITAL PROTEINS COLLAGEN PEPTIDES HERE USING MY AFFILIATE LINK, GUYS!!)
Never heard of chia seeds? Sub flax or hemp seeds!
IT’S THAT EASY, MY LOVES!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my THE-BEST-EVER Superfood Cocoa Almond Butter Oat Bites a.k.a. Scrumptiously-Chewy-Yet-Crumbly-&-Just-The-Right-Amount-Of-Chocolatey-Oh-&-Chaga-Is-More-Than-Just-A-Mushroom!
Basically, this is cookie dough! Take a spoon & eat it STRAIGHT. Just kidding, who would ever do such a thing? ME. ME. ME. ME. I WOULD! Or… keep your composure & reach down in there & roll the batter into beautz little energy bites!
These munchkins are SO DELISH, IT’S DANGER ZONE.
They’re all things:
Crunchy from the oats & hemp hearts!
Filled with antioxidants!
& SERIOUSLY, DELICIOUS!
Now, before we get to the nitty-gritty of these babes, I’m sure you’re all wondering (or most of you are) what in the world CHAGA is. A few months ago, I would’ve been wondering too, SO NO HARD FEELINGS, OKAY? That’s what I’m here for. YES. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT. It’s that time. That time Kelly in the Kitch is about to go on a rant… & THIS TIME, IT’S A NUTRITION-101 ABOUT NONE OTHER THAN CHAGA MUSHROOM!
OKAY, first things first, YES, CHAGA IS A MUSHROOM (I know, as weird as it sounds, IT IS!). BUT, IT’S A MUSHROOM THAT PACKS A HELL OF A PUNCH WHEN IT COMES TO HEALTH BENEFITS.
In a nutshell, chaga is packed with immune-boosting ingredients & antioxidants!!!
Chaga helps balance the response of the body’s immune system, meaning that chaga helps boost the immune system when necessary but slows it down when it’s overactive!
Studies have a also shown that chaga activates immune cells responsible for combatting cancer initiation!
Due to its immune-boosting properties, chaga is also great for gastrointestinal health! Most ulcers are caused by bacteria & this is why a well-functioning immune system can fight off pathogens!
Also helps break down LDL cholesterol (YES, THE BAD KIND) in the bloodstream!
Chaga is also high in antioxidants & antimicrobial!
CHAGA MAKES YOU FEEL ENERGIZED & MAY HELP IMPROVE MOOD!
Heart-healthy! Intestine-healthy! Liver-healthy!
Promotes healthy blood sugar!
OKAY, I AM DONE. I think I have proven to you babies why CHAGA IS MORE THAN JUST A MUSHROOM! NOW, let’s get these babies made!!!!!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of organic dates, PITTED (Soak the babes in warm water for 10-15 minutes & then drain well!)
- 2/3 cup of gluten-free rolled oats;
- ½ tbsp. of yellow maca powder;
- 1 tbsp. of hemp hearts (Replace with chia or flax seeds, if you prefer!)
- 3 tbsp. of creamy smooth almond butter;
- ¼ cup of organic unsweetened cocoa powder;
- 5 tsp. of chaga powder;
- 1 tsp. of Ceylon cinnamon;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup!
NOW… FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Fill a small metal bowl with warm water, pit your dates (a.k.a. REMOVE the pits), throw your dates into the warm water (BUT DON’T LEGIT THROW THEM, unless you want to be covered in water) & allow them to soak for 10-15 minutes so they can soften up to make it easier on your food processor!
- While the dates are soaking, add all the OTHER INGREDIENTS to your food processor!
- After 10-15 minutes, drain your dates, making sure that all the water has been removed (unless you want watery energy balls! EW).
- Now, once your dates are drained, throw ‘em into the blender!
- OKAY, so now that all your beautz ingredients are added to the food processor, PULSE THE F OUT OF ‘EM UNTIL THEY MAGICALLY FORM A BABE OF A BATTER & basically, form into a beautiful ball of chocolate-y deliciousness (It’s all good if there’s a bit of crumble left over – just add it to the ball of dough & ROLL AWAY!).
- ROLL THE BABES INTO 12 BEAUTIFULLY-ROUND BALLS! & THEN… you have three options!
- Devour as is!
- Refrigerate ‘em so they firm up just a tad, but still remain chewy!
- Freeze ‘em so they harden completely & attain that freezer-like consistency that you bite into & DIE OVER (& THEN REACH FOR ANOTHER ONE!).
- P.S. These babes will keep fresh in an airtight container or bag for up to a week! Freeze for longer term storage!