Healthy-AF Greek Yogurt & Dill Creamy & Crunchy Egg Salad a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Mayo!
Got some good news for y’all – KELLY IN THE KITCH IS BACK AT IT & going strong with today’s HEALTHY CREAMY & CRUNCHY EGG SALAD!
Super simple, yet delicious!
Totally gluten, oil & refined sugar free!
Layers of texture!
What’s so special about this, YOU ASK?
Basically, I replaced the mayo in traditional egg salad with organic grass-fed Greek yogurt. Greek yogurt is all things delicious, creamy, low in calories & super high in protein, making this egg salad ULTRA-SATISFYING, NOT TO MENTION, ULTRA-FILLING!
THEN, TO JAZZ IT UP, I added:
A generous teaspoon of Dijon mustard for some zip & tanginess!
I also threw in some celery & green onion for some savoury crunchiness!
Chopped up some dill for some added greens, zing, freshness & spice!
Seasoned it with loads of garlic powder!
Sprinkled some black pepper & Himalayan pink salt
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Healthy-AF Greek Yogurt & Dill Creamy & Crunchy Egg Salad a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Mayo!
OH & then, to make this stuff EVEN MORE DELISH?
I topped a slice of sprouted Ezekiel toast (Feel free to use gluten-free bread to keep this recipe tots gluten-free!) with this babe of a recipe & some fresh avo slices, sprinkled her with some black pepper, Himalayan salt & loads of Bragg’s Organic 24-Herb seasoning & WE HAVE TODAY’S LUNCH GOALS.
Loaded with protein, healthy fats & good for you carbs, super filling & absolutely delicious! SAFE TO SAY I KILLED IT & NOW, you’re about to be able to as well!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 5 hard-boiled eggs (See instructions below for how to obtain the perfect hard-boiled egg á la Kelly in the Kitch!);
- 3/4 cup of diced celery, about 3 medium stalks, CHOPPED FINELY;
- 1/2 cup of plain grass-fed organic Greek yogurt (Feel free to replace with any type or flavour of Dijon mustard of your liking or with yellow mustard, if you prefer!);
- 1 tsp. of organic Dijon mustard;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of Himalayan pink salt;
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- 2 tbsp. of fresh dill, CHOPPED!
FOR THE TOAST:
- 1-2 slices of sprouted Ezekiel bread;
- 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado, SLICED;
- Himalayan pink salt, black pepper & fine herbs for seasoning! (I use Bragg’s Organic 24-Herb seasoning);
- OPTIONAL: Sriracha &/or red pepper chilli flakes for some added spiciness!
NOW, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY, a.k.a. what you gotta do to make this baby YOURS! ALL YOURS!
- First things first, BOIL YOUR EGGS!
- TO OBTAIN THE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGG Á LA KELLY IN THE KITCH: In a small pot, bring just enough water to cover the eggs to a roiling boil over HIGH HEAT heat. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT & gently lower the eggs into the pot with a slotted spoon (If you simply throw them into the pot, they may crack due to the high temperature of the water! YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN WARNED!).
- Once the eggs are added to the pot, allow them to cook for 9 minutes!
- While the eggs are boiling, add all the ingredients to a medium metal mixing bowl!
- Once the eggs are boiled, remove them from the boiling water & add them to a colander or strainer & run them under very cold water for a few minutes!
- Once cooled, peel the eggs & cut them into a rough dice!
- Throw the eggs into the mixing bowl with all the other ingredients & mix, until fully combined! ET VOILÁ!
- NOW, DEVOUR as is, OR MAKE SOME AVO & EGG SALAD TOAST!
- FOR THE AVO & EGG SALAD TOAST: Serve the egg salad on toasted sprouted bread & top it with avocado slices, black pepper, Himalayan salt & fresh herbs! Feel free to add some Sriracha or red pepper chilli flakes for some added spice!
P.S. This babe of a recipe will keep well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days, MAX! A single batch (with the exact ingredients indicated in this post) will last about three-four lunches when served on toast, depending how generous your portion is! Feel free to multiply it to make as much as you like!
P.P.S. ALSO, make sure to stir the leftovers before serving!