Gluten-Free & Vegan No-Bake Pecan Pie PROTEIN Bites a.k.a. The Next Best Thing To Real Deal Pecan Pie & All Its Yumminess Without All The Bad Stuff (BUT YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW!)
Hi my loves!
Last night, I threw a party in my kitch with none other than these PECAN PIE PROTEIN BALLS! & Let me tell you, IT. WAS. QUITE. THE. PARTAY. Sorry, your invite got lost in the mail, BUT HERE I AM APOLOGIZING (& to make things EVEN BETTER & BEG FOR YOUR FORGIVENESS JUST A LIL’ MORE, sharing the recipe for these babies with you!).
These are inspired by my mom & her LOVE (or should I say, OBSESSION) with real-deal-real-thang PECAN PIE (I literally have the most vivid memories of us devouring pecan pie on Friday nights without a care in the world! Thank goodness for memories <3).
In an effort to come up with a SLIGHTLY healthier version of the real thang & ever since I started going to the gym, I’ve been trying to think up the perfect recipe for some post-workout fuel & energy boost!
And so last night, I FINALLY got creative.
I put my mind to work. & CAME UP WITH THESE LITTLE DELICIOUS MUNCHKINS! I may be calling them “little“, BUT LET ME TELL YOU, THEY REALLY ARE A FREAKING BIG DEAL.
NOW, ALLOW ME TO BRAG ABOUT THESE BABIES. Come on, I think it’s safe to say I’ve earned the bragging rights. Tell me you agree. I mean, I know it’s hard because all you’re seeing are pictures, BUT GIVE IN TO YOUR TEMPTATION. MAKE THESE. & THEN GET BACK TO ME. You’ll be bragging, ranting & raving about ’em too, NON STOP. Trust me.
Now, let’s get going. THERE’S A LOT TO BRAG ABOUT, SO LIKE…
These babes are made with just 6 ingredients!
They’re paleo, vegan, gluten-free & dairy free!
They’re 100% fruit-sweetened (a.k.a. NO REFINED SUGAR)! Yes, this time around, they don’t even contain any maple syrup or honey or agave or coconut sugar or ANY OTHER SWEETENER OTHER THAN THE DATES!
They are bursting with pecan-pie goodness!
They’re perfectly sweet & lightly salty!
MADE WITH GOOD FOR YOU & FEEL-GOOD INGREDIENTS!
PROTEIN-PACKED & perfect for a post-gym snack/energy-boost!
Or even, great as a desert or snack!
& Well… BASICALLY, THEY ARE THE BEST & CLOSEST THING TO PECAN PIE YOU WILL EVER DEVOUR.
Ladies & gents, I present you with: Gluten-Free & Vegan No-Bake Pecan Pie PROTEIN Bites a.k.a. The Next Best Thing To Real Deal Pecan Pie & All Its Yumminess Without All The Bad Stuff (BUT YOU WOULD NEVER KNOW!)
OKAY, so who else agrees with me that PECANS ARE SO, SO GOOD. Even when you eat them JUST AS IS, they taste like they’re coated in coconut sugar or brown sugar or maple syrup – BASICALLY, COATED IN ALL OF THE DELIGHTFUL SWEET-TOOTH CRAVING THINGS.
BUT GET THIS: I wanted to create a recipe that had all the flavours of pecan pie, while also being super duper easy to make & BEING THE PERFECT POST-GYM SNACK! And here we are… NO BAKE VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE PECAN PIE BITES.
Yes, I totally understand that some of you might be disappointed by the fact that these no bake bites aren’t actual REAL-DEAL-REAL-THANG PECAN PIE, but THEY COME PRETTY DARN CLOSE. TRUST ME!
AND, this is not me telling you that you can’t indulge in a slice or two or three of pecan pie every once in a while, BUT WHEN YOU’VE OVERDONE IT, or when you just want to bite into a scrumptious little bite of deliciousness that will give you all the flavour & yumminess of pecan pie BUT WITH A LOT MORE NUTRIENTS & HEALTHY INGREDIENTS, go for these!
I know you guys will JUST LOVE THESE.
They are so tasty, sweet, lightly salty & OVER THE TOP SATISFYING, with lovely crumbles of pecans in every single frekaing bite.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 8-9 organic Medjool dates, PITTED;
- 1/2 cup of unsalted, creamy almond butter;
- 1 1/2 cups of unsalted, organic roasted pecans, CRUMBLED & DIVIDED (1 cup & 1/2 cup, separated);
- 1 scoop of IronVegan Sprouted Protein (Natural Vanilla);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/4 tsp. of sea salt.
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Add the dates & almond butter to a food processor! PULSE & PROCESS & all the tother stuff, until you get a somewhat cohesive, sticky & crumbly mixture. This should take about 2 minutes! You will definitely need to scrape down the sides of the processor (I found that some of my mixture was sticking to the bottom so I went in there with a spoon & mixed it all up after the first blend & it was easier the second time around!).
- Add in 1 cup of CRUMBLED pecans, vanilla, protein powder & sea salt! BLEND AGAIN until the pecans are fully-incorporated & you get a soft & crumbly mixture! Basically, you’ll know it’s ready when you can pinch the mixture between your fingers & it holds together! (Be careful not to OVER-PROCESS, because the bites will become too oily!).
- Once your mixture is GORG AF & you simply want to spoon it outta the food processor & DEVOUR IT STAT, add in the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans! Plus a few times until incorporated & the pecans are CHOPPED AF, with medium-small pieces still visible!
- POUR the mix into a medium bowl & press down on it with a wooden spoon or spatula to make sure it is fully combined, tightly packed & resembles dough!
- SCOOP 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp of the mixture into your hands & roll and press it into BABES, oops, I mean BALLS! I made 11 bites (I intended on making 12… BUT YA KNOW, got a bit too ambitious & ended up with ONLY ELEVEN. Oh well!)
- If you prefer a softer & more scrumptious bite, refrigerate the babes!
- If you prefer a harder, but still chewy bite, freeze ‘em! Remove from the freezer about 5-10 minutes before devouring to let them thaw slightly!
P.S. The babes will stay well if refrigerated in an airtight container at 1-2 weeks! They’ll stay longer if frozen, BUT THEY WON’T LAST ANYWAY! THEY. ARE. JUST. TOO. DELICIOUS!