Hi my loves!
I hope you’re all having an amazing day & a great start to your weekend! I’m here to MAKE THAT START EVEN BETTER with this morning’s little bundles of joy!
So, basically, NuNaturals sent me their Collagen Peptides to try this week & of course, I JUST HAD TO COME UP WITH A YUMMY RECIPE to try it out! At first, I was going to make some sort of collagen-infused energy ball or cookie dough, BUT THEN I REMEMBERED that I’d done something similar lately. AND THEN, I THOUGHT COOKIES! CRUMBLY COCONUT-Y COOKIES! AND THE REST WAS HISTORY! (& A REALLY REALLY FULL TUMMY!)
GLUTEN-FREE (possibly vegan) & REFINED SUGAR-FREE VANILLA COCONUT COLLAGEN-INFUSED CRUMBLY COOKIES, ANYONE?
OKAY, I’m just gonna get right into it. I’m about to go on a rant of the MILLION reasons why these cookies will make all your dreams come true (& also, make you regret not doubling the batch. BUT YOU’LL KNOW FOR NEXT TIME!)
These babies take like NO TIME to whip up & require hardly any effort on your part! All you need? A bowl. A few ingredients & an oven (OBVS!).
They contain HARDLY ANY SUGAR. Following a low-sugar, low-carb or ketogenic diet? IF SO, THESE BABES ARE FOR YOU! And even if you aren’t, I CAN TELL YOU 193203824092342 OTHER REASONS why they are STILL FOR YOU!
They are SO scrumptiously crumbly & delicious, oh & moist & fluffy!
They are NOT TOO SWEET (but JUST ENOUGH to curb your cookie craving!). I mean, LEZ BE HONEST, sometimes, we all just need a cookie!
They are the Merriam Webster’s definition of “Coconut-Vanilla Heaven”.
Not only are they on point taste-wise, BUT THEY ARE COLLAGEN COOKIES (Special shoutout to NuNaturals for sending me their Collagen Peptides to try! & WHAT BETTER WAY TO TRY IT THAN THIS?)
I cannot stress enough how incredible I feel ever since adding collagen to my diet & WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT I’ve seen in my hair & skin! Y’all know how much I believe in all its benefits, some of which include rebuilding your gut lining, promoting healthy joints, aiding in muscle repair & recovery, supporting strong & healthy hair & nails & helping skin retain its elasticity & youthfulness. SO BASICALLY, THESE ARE A BEAUTY COOKIE! These babes will also give you your PROTEIN FIX! There is seriously no better investment than a good ol’ package of Collagen. Seriously. DO IT.
ALL THIS TO SAY, if, like moi, you ADORE all things vanilla & coconut, these babies are for you! THE COMBINATION WILL NEVER GET OLD! & Even if Coconut isn’t entirely your jam, TRY THESE ANYWAY! They don’t taste “tropical” & the coconut taste is not overwhelming! It’s MELLOW & DIVINE & DELICIOUS & HEAVENLY!
Oh & P.S. In case you were wondering where you get the sweetness in these babies? Vanilla… cinnamon… & ALMOND BUTTER (HELLO TEXTURE TOO!).
Lastly, these are cookies BUT they will not leave you feeling heavy, overdosed with sugar or like you need to curl up on the couch with Netflix & do nothing else (although, that is kinda fun & very necessary, sometimes!). They’ll keep you satisfied too!
Ah, the beauty of a protein & good for you fat-filled cookie!!!
The only downside? Well… it’s not really even a downside, if you ask me. THEY ARE HIGHLY ADDICTIVE. I seriously think I will become obsessed with these & y’all know what happens when I become obsessed with cookies… they become A STAPLE!
OH & in case you need some inspiration as to how you should devour these babies, WORRY NOT. I GOT YOU COVERED. Eat ‘em plain. YES, THAT’S HOW GOOD THEY ARE. Or… better yet, smother & later them in coconut butter or MORE almond butter or PEANUT BUTTER, if that’s the nut butter that floats your boat! THEY ARE EVEN DELISH SMOTHERED IN A BIT OF HOMEMADE JAM (Check out my recipes!).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 eggs (You can also sub two chia eggs or two flax eggs to make these babies vegan! To make a chia or flax egg, simply mix 1 tbsp. of chia or flax seeds with 3 tbsp. of water. Make two of these & leave ‘em in the fridge to gel up for at least 5 minutes! VEGAN EGGS, FTW!)
- 1/3 cup of organic coconut flour;
- 1/4 tsp. of Himalayan pink salt;
- 2 tbsp. of organic virgin coconut oil;
- 2 tbsp. of creamy almond butter;
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda;
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon;
- 1 scoop of NuNaturals Collagen Peptides (or other brand, such as Vital Proteins!);
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened organic shredded coconut flakes!
NOW, HOW TO WHIP THESE MUNCHKINS UP?
Let’s get right to it!
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside for now!!
- Mix the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, Collagen Peptides & cinnamon in a LARGE mixing bowl!
- Once the dry ingredients are combined, add in the eggs, coconut oil, almond butter & vanilla extract. Mix everything thoroughly until it’s all fully combined & incorporated!
- Once your dry & wet ingredients are combined & you have a BATTER & A HALF, stir in the coconut flakes with a wooden spoon or spatula until they are spread EVENLY throughout the BEAUTIFUL BATTER!
- Refrigerate the batter for about an hour or two! (Not necessary if you need these babes STAT. You can totally bake them right away, if you prefer! Refrigerating the batter just makes it easier to roll the babes & also makes less of a mess!).
- Use a spoon or your hands to grab some dough & form cookies! Lay the cookies on the parchment paper & press down a bit to flatten them! They will not spread that much during baking, so basically, the way you put them in, is the way you’re getting them ONLY A LOT MORE CRUMBLY & DELISH!
- Bake the babes for 12 minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden brown!
- Remove the babes from the oven, ALLOW THEM COOL IF YOU HAVE RESISTANCE or else, DEVOUR RIGHT AWAY!