Kelly’s 3-Ingredient Fudgy-Rich-Decadent-&-Somehow-Clean AF Banana Almond Butter Brownies a.k.a. The-Magical-Answer-To-Your-Chocolate-Craving-Oh-&-Your-Laziness!
Happy Wednesday! Happy HUMP DAY! Happy middle-of-the-week! HAPPY ALMOST WEEKEND-ISH!
Today, my sissy & I went grocery shopping & we bought MORE BANANAS, but turns out we still had some left… & so, KNOWING ME, you know what I think about waste… YEP, THAT NO-WASTE POLICY, it’s ALWAYS in effect in this BIDDY’S KITCH. I didn’t have time to come up with an intricate recipe à la Kelly in the Kitch because we were doing all kind of meal prep & let’s just say that the SITCH IN MAH KITCH was a little CRAY-CRAY.
So, I PLOPPED (LITERALLY) THREE INGREDIENTS INTO A MIXING BOWL. MIXED THE F OUT OF ‘EM, BAKED ‘EM & THIS BABE OF A RECIPE WAS BORN.
Just like that.
All this to say… LAZY AF, but NEED SOME BROWNIES IN YOUR LIFE?
NO PROBLEMO! Kelly In The Kitch has got your back (& YOUR TUMMY & YOUR TASTEBUDS!).
ONLY 3 HEALTHY INGREDIENTS are needed to whip up these FUDGY, MOIST CHOCOLATE BROWNIES.
BUT, do not despair. Despite the fact that they contain NO REFINED SUGAR (YES, YOU READ RIGHT), you can bet are they’ll satisfy your sweet tooth, chocolate craving or BOTH!
Guess what? YOU CAN SATISFY ‘EM BOTH COMPLETELY GUILT-FREE.
Ladies & gents, I present you with: Kelly’s 3-Ingredient Fudgy-Rich-Decadent-&-Somehow-Clean AF Banana Almond Butter Brownies a.k.a. The-Magical-Answer-To-Your-Chocolate-Craving-Oh-&-Your-Laziness!
The three ingredients, you ask?
CREAMY SMOOTH ALMOND BUTTER.
ORGANIC UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER.
And you can imagine that with so little ingredients, THESE BABES ARE A QUICK & EASY RECIPE that requires literally LITTLE TO NO EFFORT ON YOUR PART! (I did ask if you were lazy, right? WELL HERE I AM, SATISFYING THAT LAZINESS, all while giving you BROWNIES! How much do you adore me though? KAY, ME TOO!)
I WILL SAY: NEVER JUDGE A BROWNIE BY ITS LOOKS, okay? There is so much more to these babies than how they look. I KNOW THEY MAY NOT BE THE PRETTIEST OF THE PRETTIEST, but wait until your FIRST FREAKING BITE.
These babies are basically your answer to that CHOCOLATE FIX YOU NEED STAT, but one which is HEALTHY without sacrificing on taste.
What’s ALSO (as if you needed more of a reason to make these!) AWESOME about these babies is that you can adjust how dense they are based on how rich you want ’em.
- BASICALLY, if you want a really rich, indulgent, cocoa taste, use the full 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- BUT, if you want a milder, sweeter brownie, you just have to cut down a bit on the cocoa (DON’T WORRY. I tell you how in the instructions, OBVS!).
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 medium, overripe bananas, MASHED;
- 1/2 cup of smooth & creamy almond butter (OR feel free to sub for any other smooth nut butter according to your preference!);
- 1/4 cup of organic unsweetened cocoa powder (If you prefer a milder, sweeter taste, you can reduce the cocoa powder quantity to 2-3 tbsp. Remember, the more cocoa powder you have, the richer chocolatey taste you obtain!).
All you gotta do is THIS:
- Preheat your oven to 350F, line a small cake pan or loaf pan with parchment paper & set aside!
- Combine all your ingredients in a LARGE mixing bowl. MIX the F out of ‘em until a smooth, creamy, luscious, chocolate-y batter is obtained (BUT MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE A FEW BANANA CHUNKS IN THERE. You’ll thank me later!)
- Pour the mix into the baking sheet & BAKE THIS BABY FOR 25-27 MINUTES or until cooked through (a.k.a. a knife or toothpick comes out CLEAN AF).
- REMOVE THE BABE FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN & allow her to cool before slicing OR JUST DEVOUR AS IS! No judgment. I swear.
Once cooled & sliced, or should I say… IF YOU HAVE ANY LEFTOVERS, refrigerate!