MAPLE DIJON ROASTED CARROTS, anyone?
If not? NO PROBLEM. MORE FOR ME. But I mean, let’s be honest, ODDS ARE, YOU NOT ONLY WANT, BUT YOU NEED, these babies in your life! Trust me on this one!
THIS ISN’T YOUR AVERAGE MAPLE DIJON GLAZE, okay? I amped it up a bit by adding some savoury spices, some coconut aminos, rice vinegar & apple cider, which really creates a BEAUTIFUL blend of flavours that would be PERF on absolutely anything…
BUT IN PARTICULAR, THESE CARROTS!
This recipe is super simple to put together & LET’S BE HONEST, pretty much requires VERY LITTLE EFFORT on your part. All you gotta do is clean the carrots, TOSS the marinade ingredients together, throw the babes into the marinade & ROAST ‘EM UNTIL THEY’RE EXACTLY WHERE YOU WANT ‘EM! That’s it. That’s all. YOU REALLY CANNOT GO WRONG WITH THEM!
LADIES & GENTS, I present you with Kelly’s Maple Dijon Oven-Roasted Charred Carrots a.k.a. The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Crunchy-&-Tender-Did-Someone-Say-Antioxidants?
These babes are everything from:
CRUNCHY BUT TENDER!
Sweet & savoury.
Perfect side dish!
Great add-in for bowls or chop ‘em up in a salad!
Oh & just in case you need a little brain refresher, CARROTS HAVE TONS OF HEALTH BENEFITS, thanks to their beta-carotene & fibre content!
The beta-carotene content of these babies helps in prevention of cancer, stroke & macular degeneration, while their fibre content makes them amazing for DIGESTION & helping eliminate excess LDL cholesterol from the walls of the arteries & blood vessels!
They are also an amazing source of antioxidants, are rich in vitamin A, C, K, B8, folate, potassium, iron, copper & manganese & act as immune system boosters due to their antibacterial & antiseptic abilities!
ANYWHO, all this to say, MAKE THESE BABIES. THEY’RE DELICIOUS & THEY’RE GOOD FOR YOU!
Now, let’s get right to it!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 6-8 medium carrots, PEELED;
- Coconut oil cooking spray;
- 1 tbsp. of raw organic apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1/2 tbsp. of grainy mustard (I used Mrs. McGarrigle’s Maple Mustard);
- 1/2 tbsp. of Dijon mustard (I used Miels d’Anicet Honey Dijon Mustard);
- 1/2 tbsp. of organic natural rice wine vinegar;
- 2 tsp. of soy sauce substitute/coconut aminos (I used Naked Coconuts). Feel free to use gluten-free tamari or reduced-sodium soy sauce;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- Sprinkle of Himalayan sea salt!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 400F & line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat!
- Add all the marinade ingredients to a LARGE mixing bowl (You’ll need space in the bowl to be able to toss the carrots to coat them in the marinade, SO CHOOSE YOUR BOWL WISELY!) & mix ‘em all together until they are fully combined!
- Once your marinade is ready, throw your carrots into the mixing bowl & toss to coat them! Make sure your carrots are evenly coated & IF YOU MUST (I HAD TO!), get your hands in there & get down & dirty!
- Now that your carrots are coated AF in the marinade, arrange them in a single layer on the baking sheet & BAKE until TENDER & GOLDEN BROWN, about 25-30 minutes, flipping at halfway mark.
WHEN YOU FLIP AT HALFWAY MARK:
- Once your timer beeps 25-30, set your oven to LOW BROIL & broil the babes for 3 minutes. Check on them post-broil!
- If they are roasted/charred to your liking, remove them from the oven & allow them to cool before DEVOURING.
- If you want them MORE CHARRED/ROASTED (I did!), set your oven to HIGH BROIL & broil the babes for 4 minutes, checking on them every now & then to make sure they don’t burn!
- REMOVE THE BABES FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN & DEVOUR.