Kelly’s Clean-Eating Vegan Kale & Tahini Spread a.k.a. Real-Ingredients-Real-Food-Real-Good-For-You-&-REAL-DELISH!
HAPPY SUNDAY FUNDAY (Almost over… but whatevz!).
Need I remind you that tomorrow is MONDAY? Oops. Sorry. I really am.
BUT, HOW ABOUT THIS? What better way to start your week than with a MEAL PREPPED DELICIOUS SPREAD ready & waiting for you WHENEVER THE MOOD STRIKES YOU? No better way, right? I know.
As you munchkins have probably noticed, I am ALWAYS on fleek with my brainstorming when it comes to thinking up flavourful vegan toppings/spreads for sandwiches, crackers & wraps.
SO YOU CAN IMAGINE HOW EXCITED I GOT LAST NIGHT WHEN I whipped up something MAGICAL (& also vegan!)…
LET ME TELL YOU, TAHINI & KALE are a tasty freaking combo.
& When combined with some other YUMMINESS, they make a great spread for bread, crackers, a filling for pita bread or wraps or layered on a flatbread and served open faced with a perfectly fried DRIPPY-YOLK egg!
AH, I’m hungry again. What’s new, right?
ALL THIS TO SAY, LEFTOVER KALE?
No problemo! Kelly In The Kitch has got you covered!
WITH WHAT, you ask?
THIS 10-MINUTE (I SWEAR!) CLEAN-EATING VEGAN KALE TAHINI SPREAD!
And so… WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, let’s get right to it!
With just a few simple ingredients.
A beautiful combination of spices.
LOADS OF VITAMIN B12.
Your greens fix FOR DAYS.
A splash of citrus.
A “cheesy” without the cheese touch.
LUSCIOUSLY CREAMY. But, no oil.
No refined sugar.
ALL REAL FOOD.
Is that enough to convince you?
I hope so. ‘CAUSE IF YOU MADE IT THIS FAR, DON’T STOP HERE.
Let’s make this baby!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1-2 bunches of kale;
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast (Replace with Parmesan or Romano, if you wish!);
- The juice of 1 lemon;
- 1 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar;
- 1/3 cup of organic fair-trade tahini;
- 2 tsp. of mustard;
- 1/4 tsp. back pepper
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt;
- 1 tsp. of curry;
- 1 tsp. of cumin;
- 2 tbsp. of water (OR the juice of one more small lemon OR 1-2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil).
- Combine all the ingredients (except the 2 tbsp. of water/lemon juice/olive oil) in a high-powdered blender & PULSE THE F out of ‘em until combined!
- You will definitely have to open the blender to scrape the sides at least once! At this point, if you find that your ingredients are having some trouble blending, add two tbsp. of water (OR the juice of one more small lemon or 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil!);
- BLEND AGAIN until all the ingredients are combined & relatively smooth, BUT STILL A BIT CHUNKY!
- Once blended for the second time, taste & adjust the seasonings, if necessary!
- Store in an airtight container & refrigerate for up to one week! IT SURE AS F WON’T LAST THAT LONG, trust me! This stuff is seriously addicting. YOU HAVE OFFICIALLY BEEN WARNED.
- P.S. I made the simplest & yummiest snack with this babe today. I simply spread it on LOADS OF MARY’S GONE CRACKERS BLACK PEPPER CRACKERS (which, btw, ARE FREAKING DELISH) & topped them with some cherry tomatoes & Bragg’s Organic 24-Herb Seasoning & BAM!