Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free Collagen-Infused Cacao No-Bake Fudge Bites a.k.a. Scrumptiously-Delicious-&-Nutritious-Treats-Oh-&-HELLO-Skincare!
BACK AGAIN, THIS TIME, WITH SOME TASTY, PRETTY-HEALTHY CHOCOLATEY TREATS!
TODAY, I whipped up some COLLAGEN-INFUSED COCOA FUDGE BITES!
With just a few simple ingredients, you get these scrumptiously delicious & nutritious treats & get this… AS YOU DEVOUR THEM ONE BY ONE, you’re reaping all types of anti-aging benefits for your skin, hair, bones & joints thanks to the Collagen Peptides (I used Vital Proteins)! SUCH A WINNING SITCH, right?
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Gluten-Free & Refined Sugar-Free Collagen-Infused Cacao No-Bake Fudge Bites a.k.a. Scrumptiously-Delicious-&-Nutritious-Treats-Oh-&-HELLO-Skincare!
Wondering what’s in these babies?
Organic unsweetened cocoa powder!
Pure organic maple syrup!
Pure organic vanilla extract!
CREAMY AF almond butter!
& LASTLY, melted organic virgin coconut oil!
I know, I had you drooling all afternoon & all night long. BUT NOW, YOU CAN STOP.
These literally take like 10 minutes, NOT EVEN, so you can pretty much make them STAT & they’ll be ready to devour tomorrow morning as your mid-morning snack, OR BETTER YET, AS A TOPPER FOR YOUR BREAKY BOWL OF OATS OR YOGURT! Ya dig? I KNOW YOU DO.
GUYS, I TOOK ONE BITE OF THESE BABIES & IT WAS OVER. IN LOVE. HEAD OVER HEELS. LOVE AT FIRST BITE. You don’t understand how scrumptious they are.
Like… the combo of the RICH CHOCOLATE
with the LUSCIOUS COCONUT OIL
THE NATURAL SWEETNESS OF THE VANILLA & MAPLE SYRUP
Oh & the SMOOTH & CREAMY ALMOND BUTTER…
Ugh & the PERFECT TOUCH OF CINNAMON!
WOAH. JUST WOAH WOAH WOAH!
(Oh & you cannot taste the collagen, BUT IT’S THERE! & you are reaping INSANE BENEFITS FROM IT, MY LOVES!).
So I’ve spoken to you munchkins about all the benefits of collagen in a few of my previous posts, BUT I DON’T THINK I’VE EVER RANTED ABOUT THE BENEFITS OF CACAO POWDER… so, let me just do that, FOR LIKE A MINUTE. Okay?
Cocoa may provide antidepressant benefits! It contains a substance called phenethylamine, which is a neurotransmitter found in the brain that acts as a mood elevator & natural antidepressant!
Cocoa also contains LOADS OF FLAVONOIDS, which are part of a powerful group of antioxidants, known as polyphenols!
Cocoa may also help lower LDL cholesterol, reduce the risk of blood clots & increase the blood flow to the artieres, lower blood pressure, boost cognitive performance & provide essential minerals, such as calcium & potassium.
Cacao is ALSO an aphrodisiac!
Cacao can help balance hormonal mood swings – It boosts brain levels of sertonin, the feel-good brain chemical! In a nutshell, when women are experiencing PMS, serotonin levels drop dramatically. The benefits of cacao are proven to boost the brain levels of calming hormones & restore the feelings of well-being.
Cacao can prevent premature aging – The polyphenol antioxidants in cacao are part of the same group of antioxidants as green tea & red vino. These anthocyanins (found in dark colored fruits) & catechins (found in green tea) protect our cells from premature oxidation or destruction and can keep us looking and feeling younger longer!
Cacao can create loads of energy & combat fatigue with one of the highest concentrations of magnesium found in this natural food source.
LASTLY & AMAZINGLY, cacao can help promote better digestion thanks to the fibre found in raw cacao, that stimulates the body’s digestive enzymes.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1/2 cup of organic unsweetened cocoa powder;
- 1/2 cup of virgin coconut oil, MELTED;
- 1/4 cup of pure organic maple syrup;
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon;
- 1/2 cup of creamy & smooth almond butter;
- 1 1/2 scoops of Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (GET THEM HERE USING MY AFFILIATE LINK!);
- Ice cube tray!
OKAY, now for that HOW-TO?
- Melt your coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for 35 seconds (Timing may vary based on brand of coconut oil, so start out with 30 if you wish & then add 5-10 seconds more if it isn’t fully melted!).
- In a LARGE mixing bowl, combine ALL these DELISH ingredients & stir until fully incorporated, NOT CLUMPY & combined & you obtain A BEAUTIFUL VELVETY-SMOOTH & CREAMY CHOCOLATE MIXTURE!
- Once smooth, spoon the chocolate mixture into an ice cube tray one compartment at a time! Don’t be afraid to fill the babes ALMOST to the top! The more you fill, the BIGGER YOUR FUDGE BITE (YOU’LL THANK ME LATER!).
- Once your ice cube tray is filled (& you LICKED THE BOWL CLEAN), FREEZE THE BABES for at least 6 hours or OVERNIGHT! You’ll know the babes are ready to be devoured if when you attempt to remove it from the ice cube tray, it comes out FIRM AF & easily! If you feel it’s still a bit soft & hasn’t fully hardened yet, PUT THE BABES BACK IN THE FREEZER & FANTASIZE ABOUT ‘EM A LITTLE WHILE LONGER!