Vegan, Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Cinnamon Peanut Butter Almond Pulp Crackers a.k.a. Make-The-Most-Out-Of-That-Pulp-With-These-Babes-That-Won’t-Even-Last-You-A-Day-SWEAR!
Happy Monday (night)! I hope your Monday was as good as it could be… I mean, let’s be honest, WHO REALLY LIKES MONDAYS?
Say you do & you’re lying.
In case your Monday wasn’t great, I’M HERE TO SAVE THE DAY (Yes, again). How so? WITH THESE BABIES. You’re probably thinking, how on earth could crackers make a Monday better, right? I know. I know. I would be skeptical too. BUT I SWEAR. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE (Well, trust me FOR EVERYTHING, BUT FOR THESE, IN PARTICULAR!).
OKAY, so BASICALLY, you just whipped up a fresh batch of homemade almond milk (GOOD JOB! I approve!) & now you’re sitting & staring at the almond pulp in your nut milk bag in dismay, all like “WTF DO I DO WITH THIS?!”.
I know, I was in the exact same predicament the first time I made almond milk. BUT THEN, I opened my eyes to the beautiful reality that is ALMOND PULP CRACKERS. And there was no going back. I’ve already tried three variations… & well, this third one, it’s my first attempt at going the SWEET ROUTE with these babies & WOW!
P.S. For all you munchkins who are not homemade almond milk makers, DO NOT DESPAIR. You can use blanched almond flour!
ANYWHO, all this to say, what to do with leftover almond pulp?
BAKE CINNAMON PEANUT BUTTER ALMOND PULP CRACKERS!
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Vegan, Gluten-Free & Grain-Free Cinnamon Peanut Butter Almond Pulp Crackers a.k.a. Make-The-Most-Out-Of-That-Pulp-With-These-Babes-That-Won’t-Even-Last-You-A-Day-SWEAR!
Need some fantasy ideas for why you’ll SIMPLY NEED THESE IN YOUR LIFE?
They’re made with smooth & creamy peanut butter.
They’re loaded with flax.
They have the perfect hint of vanilla.
They’re packed with cinnamon.
THEY ARE CRISPY, CRUNCHY, SWEET & DELISH.
Naturally sweetened with only banana & pure organic maple syrup!
Good for you.
Imagine smothering them in chocolate spread, MORE peanut butter or nut butter or fruity HOMEMADE JAM!
Or better yet… Imagine breaking them up, throwing them on top of Greek yogurt OR in a bowl, drizzled with homemade almond milk & banana slices!!! You’ve got your healthy dose of “CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH” without the refined sugar or the guilt! ADMIT YOU NEED THEM.
OKAY, so basically, I ate like half the batch without blinking an eye… straight out ‘da oven. Literally. LIKE OFF THE BAKING SHEET! But then… take out your jar of peanut butter… & well, TO PUT IT LIGHTLY?
NOW you’re getting impatient. Like you just NEED to know why I’m freaking over these, right? Fine. Fine. LET ME EXPLAIN!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup of almond pulp (From 1 batch of almond milk);
- 1/2 cup of mashed banana (The banana basically acts like your “egg”, which helps with binding & which is what makes these babies vegan!)
- 6 tbsp. of creamy peanut butter;
- 1/4 cup of organic ground flaxseed meal;
- 2 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- 2 tsp. of ground cinnamon;
- 1/8 tsp. of Himalayan pink salt;
- 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?!
- Preheat your oven to 300F;
- Line a MEDIUM/LARGE-sized baking sheet with parchment paper!
- Add all the ingredients to a LARGE metal mixing bowl & MASH ‘em together with a fork or a wooden spoon until fully COMBINED & you obtain a CRACKER DOUGH (Don’t know if that’s a thing but I’m making it one! Sorry not sorry!). Basically, your cracker dough should be a soft & loosely formed ball!
- Place the beautzzz dough on the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread it with your hands evenly & as thinly as possible. YES, WE ARE GETTING DOWN & DIRTY HERE! It should be 1/8th-ish of an inch thick! (I’m not asking you to take out a ruler here or anything but like ya know, GUESSTIMATE!).
- Slice ’em with a butter knife into about 1×1-inch sized crackers!
- BAKE THE BABES FOR 30 MINUTES, then, CAREFULLY (You have been warned!) flip each cracker over & bake for another 15 minutes!
- YOU’RE NOT DONE. SORRY! Flip the babes ONCE MORE & bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until deep golden brown! They will still be SLIGHTLY soft when you remove ‘em fresh out ‘da oven! BUT, they will become crunchy as they cool (That’s if you give them the time… & trust me, with the smell in your kitchen… YOU PROBS WONT BE ABLE TO, WHATEVER, A+ FOR EFFORT!).
- THESE BABES will keep well in a sealed container at room temperature for up to 3 days! (If you want to keep ‘em longer, refrigerate ‘em!).