Vegan, Gluten-Free & Nut-Free Lusciously-Creamy Cilantro & Parsley Pesto Pasta With Sautéed Mushrooms & Braised Cherry Tomatoes a.k.a. No-Matter-What-Your-Dietary-Restriction-I-Got-Your-Back-Oh-&-EATYOGREENSALWAYS!
Happy Tuesday night!
I just got back from the gym & I’m feeling vulnerable YET AGAIN. When I feel this way, I really find that writing up blog posts is such a great distraction. So… I figure, why not kill two birds with one stone?
KEEP MY MIND BUSY & CLEAR MY THOUGHTS FROM ALL THE NEGATIVE VIBES ANOREXIA IS SENDING ME…
ALL WHILE WRITING UP A DELISH RECIPE FOR YOU BABIES THAT I LOVE SO MUCH!
And so, in this post, I bring you munchkins tonight’s DINNER GOALS!
Picture this: It’s like 4:30PM, I’m legit IN MY FRIDGE, brainstorming a recipe for dins & then suddenly, I FIND LOADS OF CILANTRO & PARSLEY… I gotta use it up because or else, it’s going to waste. THAT’S WHEN I PUT THIS LITTLE BRAIN OF MINE TO WORK.
Suddenly, an idea popped…
I WANT PASTA.
I WANT PASTA & I DON’T WANT TOMATO SAUCE.
I WANT PASTA & I WANT GREEN SAUCE.
I WANT PESTO.
I WANT PESTO PASTA SAUCE!
BAM, BOOM, BAM!
The idea was born… now, all that was left was to figure out HOW ON EARTH I was going to bring her to life. I mean… parsley & cilantro… that ain’t much of a recipe, right?!
Anywho, I DECIDED I WOULD WHIP UP SOMETHING THAT COULD MEET EACH & EVERY ONE OF YOUR DIETARY RESTRICTIONS. So, I had to get really creative. I’m talking… gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free (YES, it’s possible to whip up a DELISH PESTO PASTA SAUCE WITHOUT NUTS!), oil-free & sugar-free.
YOU’RE PROBABLY WONDERING HOW ON EARTH THIS TASTES LIKE ANYTHING WITHOUT ALL OF THAT, RIGHT?
Let me burst your bubble. THIS TASTES HEAVENLY.
And yep, it contains none of that stuff. I SWEAR. You’ll see. Just keep reading.
This recipe is a two-stepper. BUT, SHE TAKES HARDLY ANY TIME, I SWEAR. Basically, first you whip up the babe of a sauce, then you put the pasta dish together & SHE’S YOURS. ALL FREAKING YOURS (Unless of course, you accept to share her… BUT LIKE, WHY WOULD YOU? Trust me when I tell you that you want her all to herself).
NOW… let me tease you a bit with the ingredients… THE INGREDIENTS THAT MAKE THIS SAUCE OH-SO-SCRUMPTIOUSLY-LUSCIOUS & CREAMY! I’m talking…
Parsley, cilantro, GARLIC FOR DAYS, loads & loads of spices, that nutty-cheesy (BUT WITHOUT THE REAL CHEESE) nutritional yeast, some fresh lemon juice & creamy velvety almond milk…
OH MAN… ADMIT I HAD YOU AT PARSLEY.
OKAY FINE, AT NUTRITIONAL YEAST.
And boy… once we got to the almond milk, ADMIT YOU WERE ALREADY HEAD OVER HEELS. I know. I know.
And don’t get me started about the pasta… oh well. YOU HAVE ME STARTED…
Think: brown rice & quinoa spaghetti… sautéed garlicky-herby Portobello mushrooms & loads of braised cherry tomatoes… all this beautifulness SMOTHERED in the babe of a sauce I just teased the F outta you with… & THEN TOPPED WITH SOME ‘MO FRESH PARSLEY & CHERRY TOMATOES.
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Vegan, Gluten-Free & Nut-Free Lusciously-Creamy Cilantro & Parsley Pesto Pasta With Sautéed Mushrooms & Braised Cherry Tomatoes a.k.a. No-Matter-What-Your-Dietary-Restriction-I-Got-Your-Back-Oh-&-EATYOGREENSALWAYS!
How are you still alive?! Oh… what’s that to say? You’re on the verge… I KNOW. But hold up. SHE’S ALMOST YOURS!
SHE’S SERIOUSLY EVERYTHING, GUYS. Literally. Seriously. Absolutely. EVERYTHING.
Jam-Packed with Greens!
Full of Plant-Based Protein!
Quick, Simple & Easy!
Packed with Vitamin C, K, A, folate & iron!
BASICALLY, YOU NEED HER IN YOUR LIFE STAT.
& so… WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE LUSCIOUSLY-CREAMY-DELISH GREEN SAUCE:
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley;
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro;
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (Depending how garlicky you like your sauce & garlic breath…);
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened organic almond milk (or regular milk, if you prefer!);
- The juice of 1 fresh organic lemon;
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast (or Parmesan or Romano);
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of minced onion;
- 1 tsp. of Bragg’s Organic 24-Spice Seasoning (or all-purpose seasoning!);
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1 tsp. of Italian seasoning;
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- Sprinkles of Himalayan pink salt!
FOR THE PASTA:
- LOADS of your fave spaghetti or fettuccine (I use GoGo Quinoa!);
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, HALVED;
- LOADS of Portobello mushrooms, CHOPPED;
- Coconut (or olive) oil cooking spray;
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of Bragg’s Organic 24-Spice Seasoning (or all-purpose seasoning!)
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- A sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt;
- TOPPING: Black pepper, dried parsley flakes, some more cherry tomatoes, HALVED & a handful of fresh parsley or fresh cilantro &/or some more nutritional yeast, Parm or Romano!
Now, for that HOW-TO?!
Okay, she’s even closer to being yours now!!!!
FOR THE SAUCE:
- Add all the beautiful ingredients to your blender & BLEND UNTIL FULLY COMBINED & A SMOOTH & CREAMY CONSISTENCY is obtained!
- Taste & adjust seasonings, if necessary! (As always, you may find you need to add more salt since I tend to put less than most would like!)
FOR THE PASTA:
- Boil your pasta according to the package directions (& as always, what I mean by package directions is AL DENTÉ. NO MORE. NO LESS. Got it?).
- Heat a skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH HEAT & spray it with some coconut (or olive) oil. Once heated, throw your mushrooms into the skillet & season them with the garlic powder, the 24-spice seasoning, black pepper & Himalayan pink salt. Toss to combine!
- Sauté the babes for about 4-5 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms are browned & cooked through, lower your fire to MEDIUM & throw in the cherry tomatoes! Toss them with the mushrooms & cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to wilt & brown!
- Once boiled, add your pasta to the skillet with the mushrooms & braised cherry tomatoes. THEN, coat all this beautifulness in your GREEN AF SAUCE. Toss the off out of the veggies & pasta to combine & make sure everything is evenly SMOTHERED!
- Heat the skillet over LOW heat for 2-3 minutes to give the flavours just enough time to meld together!
- Remove your skillet from the heat, top this babe of a dish with the fresh parsley/cilantro & halved cherry tomatoes, as well as some more black pepper, dried parsley flakes & if you wish, more nutritional yeast, Parm or Romano!
- PLATE & DEVOUR THE F OUT OF THIS BABY!