Flourless, Vegan & Gluten-Free Clean Eating Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oat Brownies a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Dairy!-Oh-&-Did-Somebody-Say-These-Would-Give-Me-My-Greens-Fix?!
I hope you’re all having a beautiful SUNDAY FUNDAY!
THE SUN IS OUT AF IN MONTREAL TODAY! & I could not be happier.
And besides for the sun, I’M EVEN HAPPIER AFTER devouring two of these babies!
As I told you munchkins yesterday when I teased you with these babes, IT’S THE WEEKEND & let’s be honest, we all CRAVE something sweet & chocolate-y on the weekend (& we all DESERVE IT TOO!).
BUT WAIT, what if I told you that you could satisfy that chocolate craving with a dose of HEALTHY deliciousness & perfection?
THAT’S WHERE THESE BABIES COME IN.
They are simply magical.
What are they, you ask?
OKAY, the name is long, BUT IT’S ONE OF THOSE LONG NAME, AMAZING RESULTS SITCHS. SO BARE WITH ME, okay?
Ladies & gents, I present you with my Flourless, Vegan & Gluten-Free Clean Eating Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oat Brownies a.k.a. I-Can’t-Believe-It’s-Not-Dairy!-Oh-&-Did-Somebody-Say-These-Would-Give-Me-My-Greens-Fix?!
Yes, YOU READ RIGHT.
ZERO FLOUR. ZERO BUTTER. ZERO DAIRY. & ZERO REFINED SUGAR.
I FINALLY perfected this recipe (after a few attempts that just weren’t THIS perfect!). I think I’ve made these about like 3 times & every time, I just felt like they were missing something or like I had to adjust the proportions…
BUT NOW, I’M FINALLY PLEASED & PROUD TO SHARE THEM WITIH YOU because now, they are just the most perfectly-perfect little bunches of chocolate deliciousness (OH & they’re packed with greens, BUT YOU KNEW THAT!).
Yes, they’re made with zucchini. BUT, no joke, the ONLY thing you will taste is chocolate & a slightly chewy texture from the oats. HONESTLY, these babes SURPASS all my expectations (& THEY’LL IMPRESS YOU TOO. PROMISE!).
JUST DREAM OF YOUR FIRST BITE… I swear.
These are the most scrumptiously-luscious things you have ever tried!
They’re the perfect amount of browned crinkly crispness on the outside!
The perfect amount of moist & chewy & chocolatey!
OHMAGOODNESS. I am just dying describing them, guys. You can’t do this to me. You just need to try them for yourselves!
And, if your tummy’s asking you for a fix, NOURISH IT! INDULGE! YOU DESERVE IT! & trust me when I tell you that there is NO BETTER WAY TO GIVE IT THAT FIX THAN WITH THESE BABES! NOMNOMNOM!
And so, without further ado, I KNOW HOW HANGRY WE CAN ALL GET WHEN WE JUST NEED A FIX & IT’S TAKING WAY TOO LONG.
SO… let’s get right to it!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ¼ cup of pure organic maple syrup (or raw organic honey or agave nectar, if you prefer!);
- ½ cup of unsweetened organic applesauce;
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- ½ cup of organic unsweetened cocoa powder;
- ¾ cup of gluten-free rolled oats (NOT QUICK OATS!);
- 1 tsp. of non-GMO baking soda;
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt;
- 1 ½ cups of SHREDDED AF zucchini;
- ½ cup of dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips! (Use vegan ones, if desired!), DIVIDED (a.k.a. ¼ cup for the batter & ¼ cup for topping before baking!).
NOW, for that HOW-TO? Let’s go!
- Preheat your oven to 350F, line a baking pan with parchment paper & spray it with some non-stick coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside!
- Place the oats in a blender or food processor & BLEND THE F out of ‘em until finely ground! (It doesn’t need to be perf, BUT it should take a few minutes & it should look sorta like oat flour-ish!). Set aside!
- In a MEDIUM metal mixing bowl, combine the applesauce, maple syrup (honey or agave) & vanilla extract until smooth & luscious!
- NOW, throw in your zucchini, cocoa powder, ground oats, baking soda & sea salt & MIX THE F OUT OF THIS GORGEOUSNESS UNTIL WELL-COMBINED!
- Once you have a beautiful chocolate-y mix (LOADED WITH ZUCCHINI, A.K.A. GREENS FOR DAYS, THAT YOU CANNOT EVEN SEE ANYMORE!), FOLD IN ¼ CUP OF CHOCO CHIPS! & Mix again to combine!
- NOW, it’s that beautiful moment where you pour the batter into your prepared baking pan & sprinkle the choco chips ALL OVA’ DA TOP!
- This is gonna sound super unprofesh & informal, but once the batter is poured into the pan, BANG YOUR PAN (literally) down a few times on your countertop or table to make sure that the batter is evenly spread throughout! BUT PLEASE, DO NOT BANG TOO HARD. I’m not taking responsibility if you like crack your countertops or tabletop. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
- Bake the babe for 25-30 MINUTES or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean! (My tip? ALWAYS bake for the minimum baking time, then check on it with a toothpick & add a few more minutes in increments, if you feel it’s not baked enough or if the toothpick did not come out mostly clean!).
- COOL THE BABE & THEN CUT IT INTO SQUARES. Once again, I’m being super formal here cause I’m writing up a recipe & all… but like, NOBODY SAID YOU HAD TO LET IT COOL & WHAT’S MORE? NOBODY SAID YOU HAD TO CUT IT INTO SQUARES. How about just devouring her AS IS FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN? Yeah, that sounds more like it. DO IT.