Grilled Chicken Asian Rice Paper Rolls with a Garlicky-Gingery Coconut Aminos Sauce a.k.a. Light-Crispy-Crunchy Veggie-&-Protein-Packed-Deliciousness!
HAPPY FRIYAY NIGHT!
I hope you all have a beautiful weekend (although, this won’t be the last you hear of me, LET’S BE HONEST!).
By popular request, here I am, POSTING TONIGHT’S DINNER SITCH recipe, simply because I love you all THIS MUCH! (LIKE, A WHOLE FREAKING LOT!).
What is it, you ask?
BABIES, BRACE YOURSELVES FOR THESE GRILLED CHICKEN ASIAN RICE PAPER WRAPS with a GARLICKY GINGERY COCONUT AMINOS SAUCE (& of course, 1/2 an avocado for my dose of healthy fats).
HONESTLY, you can never go wrong with rice paper rolls. I don’t know what it is about them. They are just perfect.
BUT, they’re so versatile in the sense that you can pack them with LEGIT any of your fave protein & healthy fats! I chose to have my avocado on the side tonight because there is seriously nothing more pleasant in life than scooping spoonfuls of creamy velvety avocado deliciousness. WHO AGREES WITH ME? BUT, all this to say, if you prefer to devour your avo inside the rolls, DO IT. Just imagine the creaminess that it will add to your veggies & chicken – OHMAGOODNESS!
AND THE SAUCE, oh man, THE SAUCE! I know, you look at it & it looks super simple & like nothing special at all. BUT TRUST ME WHEN I TELL YOU THAT IT IS.
Throughout recovery & my newfound LOVE & PASSION for cooking, I have come to realize that it really is all about the FLAVOUR COMBINATIONS. If you kill it in that department, you can literally make the simplest ingredients bring your dish to life! (& drive your tastebuds & tummies all kinds of cray-cray!). It’s all about experimenting with new & fun ingredients & being adventurous & tasting things you never thought you would!
ANYWHO, my rant a.k.a. my attempt to try to get you as IN LOVE with cooking as I am is now over. BUT, I’M STILL NOT DONE DISCUSSING THESE ROLLS/WRAPS/WHATEVER YOU WANNA CALL THEM!
I want you guys to picture your first bite.
Listen up. It will be all things crispy, crunchy, fresh, savoury, meaty, spicy, tangy, naturally sweet… OKAY I AM DROOLING. I NEED ME SOME MORE. Just imagine:
the soft, moist texture of the wrap…
combined with the crunch of the cucumber, the crispy carrots, the juicy bean sprouts, the crisp fresh herbs & the SEASONED AF CHICKEN…
& all this beautifulness dipped into this BABE OF A SWEET & TANGY SAUCE (Oh & if you add the peanut butter… OHMAGOODNESS AGAIN!).
ALL THIS TO SAY, YOU WILL FALL IN LOVE AT FIRST BITE.
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
And if you don’t, well you’re playing hard to get & I ain’t feeling it. So bye!
No, just kidding. NOT BYE. Hey!
You ready to whip these babies up? Yeah, thought so!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED (For 4 rolls!):
FOR THE WRAPS:
- 4 rice paper wraps;
- 2 chicken breasts, COOKED (according to one of these recipes (1), (2), (3): OR as you wish!), & CHOPPED/SHREDDED AF;
- 2 small cucumbers, SLICED THINLY LENGTHWISE;
- 1 mango, SLICED THINLY LENGTHWISE (I didn’t put mango in mine because I realized AS I WAS MAKING THEM that I had none & i was depressed AF, but I promise, the mango will add the most PERFECT TOUCH!);
- LOADS of bean sprouts;
- LOADS of shredded carrots;
- LOADS of fresh basil;
- LOADS of fresh cilantro (or parsley or mint or a combination of any & all of these!)
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce substitute (coconut aminos) OR gluten-free Tamari OR soy sauce (ALWAYS go for the reduced-sodium!);
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup wine vinegar (Don’t have? No problem! Sub for 2 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup or 1 tbsp. of raw organic honey);
- 2 tbsp. of organic rice vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. of organic coconut vinegar;
- 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger;
- 1/2 tsp. of Bragg’s Organic 24-Spice Seasoning Blend! (If you don’t have this, you can sub it for some Italian Seasoning, some All-Purpose Seasoning or a combination of some dried herbs of your choosing!);
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- A drizzle of Himalayan pink salt!
- OPTIONAL: 1 tbsp. of creamy organic peanut butter &/OR 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. of red pepper chilli flakes!
Wondering how to whip this deliciousness up?!
WONDER NO MORE!
Let me explain!
- Chop up cucumber, shred some carrots & lay these veggies along with some bean sprouts, fresh cilantro (or parsley/mint) & fresh basil on a cutting board!
- P.S. I planned to put mango in these babies but only realized I had none once I begun making them but ADD MANGO, seriously!
- Chop up your chicken breast! I had leftover chicken breast that was already cooked but if you don’t, follow one of my many recipes on the blog (I linked them above in the ingredients list) or make it your way!
- Fill a MEDIUM skillet with warm water (But not too warm that it’ll rip the rice paper!).
- When you’re ready to get rollin’, place your first rice paper in the skillet for about 10-15 seconds, until you feel it become moist & the edges are no longer hard!
- GENTLY remove the rice paper wrap from the skillet, place it flat on the cutting board & start stuffing it! I like to start with my greens because they give a good base, then I continue with the rest of the veggies & top it off with my chicken!
- Once your wrap is stuffed AF, fold in the sides & push them down so that they stick THEN, GENTLY roll one end of the rice paper over the stuffing and press down as you roll to the other edge. Roll it as tightly as you can but try not to rip it as you roll! BASICALLY, don’t be a savage!!!
- Repeat until all your veggies & chicken are used up!
- NOW, LET US GET SAUCEY! Combine all your sauce ingredients, a.k.a. apple cider vinegar, soy sauce substitute (coconut aminos), organic rice vinegar, coconut vinegar & maple syrup wine vinegar with 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder, ground ginger, Bragg’s 24 Herbs Seasoning, 1/4 tsp. of black pepper & a drizzle of Himalayan pink salt (& the peanut butter &/or chilli flakes if you are adding them!) & MIX!!!