Banana, Pineapple & Greens Collagen & Hemp Smoothie a.k.a. The-Most-Nutritious-Yet-Delicious-Superfood-Afternoon-Pick-Me-Up-That-You-Ever-Did-See-Oh-&-Thanks-For-Plumping-My-Skin-While-You’re-At-It!
Happy Thursday! I hope you all had a beautiful day!
I’m already looking forward to tomorrow because it’s FRIYAY & Y’ALL KNOW WHAT FRIYAY MEANS… Weekend comin’ right up!
ANYWHO, this afternoon I was craving a smoothie. BTW, total sidenote: Late afternoon for me is like 2:00PM. For those of you who know me (or who follow my one million Instagram stories per day that are already posted by 7:00 AM), you know that I wake up really effing early. I’m talking 5:30AM. Yep, I know, you think I’m crazy. BUT IT’S LEGIT THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD. I don’t even know what a sleep-in is anymore & I ain’t even mad bro. I get so much done in one day, it’s nuts.
ANYWAY, all this to say, by 2:00PM, I’m already like more than halfway through my day & I start to get that afternoon HANGRY-NEED-ME-A-FUEL-UP-CRAVING. & Today, I satisfied that craving (& my tummy) with this babe of a smoothie. IT WAS SO GOOD THAT I JUST NEEDED TO GET IT UP ON THE BLOG TONIGHT. Like “needed’!
This baby is everything from clean, healthy, filling & satisfying AF to loaded with superfoods, vitamins, nutrients, minerals & healthy fats.
& CAN WE JUST DISCUSS HOW CREAMY SHE IS? MAH GOODNESS!
AND OF COURSE, SHE’S DELISH. I mean, let’s be honest, would I be ranting & raving about her if she wasn’t?! Nah!
For all my vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free & everything-free & amazing MUNCHKINS out there, GUESS WHAT? YOU CAN DEVOUR HER TOO! How much do you love me right now?
Ladies & gents, this is my Banana, Pineapple & Greens Collagen & Hemp Smoothie a.k.a. The-Most-Nutritious-Yet-Delicious-Superfood-Afternoon-Pick-Me-Up-That-You-Ever-Did-See-Oh-&-Thanks-For-Plumping-My-Skin-While-You’re-At-It!
OKAY, HOLD UP.
This babe requires a brief rundown as to why her ingredients are so clean & good for you. I’m sorry, BUT LIKE… not only is the combination DELICIOUSLY LETHAL (in the best way possible), BUT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE INGREDIENTS PROVIDES YOU WITH SOME SORT OF NUTRITIONAL BENEFIT. & I think it’s only fitting that you know exactly what you’re getting out of this babe! You feel me? Kay. Great!
Let’s get right to it! Now, keep in mind that if I were to list every single benefit of every single one of these ingredients, YOU WOULD NEVER GET TO DEVOUR THIS SMOOTHIE (& I know that would make you like REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SAD!), so I’ll select one or two main benefits for each one & then you can do the rest of the research. SORRY NOT SORRY! Love you munchkins! <3
OKAY, here I go:
- BANANAS: These babes are LOADED with potassium & high in pectin, which is a form of fiber! They also contain magnesium (which helps relax the muscles), vitamins C & B6 AND are high in antioxidants! Their B6 content is essential in reducing swelling, protecting against diabetes, helping with weight loss, strengthening the nervous system & helping with the production of white blood cells! OH & TEXTURE. TEXTURE. TEXTURE! (I don’t know how anybody can whip up a smoothie without one of these babes!). AND ONE LAST THING, bananas contain tryptophan, which the bod converts into serotonin, the mood-elevating brain neurotransmitter. BASICALLY, bananas make you happy & can help with depression & mood!
- PINEAPPLE: Good for digestion & inflammation! Packed with vitamin C (131% of the RDV per serving!!), which is a natural antioxidant that is ALSO essential to synthesize collagen! It also contains manganese, folate, thiamine & potassium!
- STRAWBERRIES: Legit obsessed with these babies. They are JAM-PACKED with vitamins, fiber & SUPER-HIGH LEVELS OF ANTIOXIDANTS (In fact, they are among the top 20 fruits in antioxidant capacity), known as polyphenols! They are also a good source of manganese & potassium!
- ALMOND MILK & ALMOND BUTTER: Thanks to the Vitamin E content in almonds, both almond milk & almond butter can provide you with a great antioxidant fix, help lower cholesterol & provide you with a dose of magnesium, which boosts overall heart health, as well as potassium, which is CRUCIAL for maintaining good blood pressure & heart health, as well!
- HEMP HEARTS: A perfect & natural blend of easily digested proteins, essential fatty acids (omega 3 & 6), antioxidants, amino acids, fiber, iron, zinc, B vitamins, vitamin D, E, calcium, magnesium & THE LIST GOES ON. But basically, they are a more digestible protein than meat, eggs, cheese, milk or any other high-protein food! & they’re gluten-free, nut-free, dairy-free & sugar-free!
- VANILLA: If & only if your vanilla extract is PURE & NATURAL (a.k.a. not the artificial kind), you will get a dose of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory benefits & it has the potential to help lower cholesterol!
- COLLAGEN: OHMAHGOODNESS. Where do I even begin!? This stuff helps improve the overall health of skin & hair, reduces joint pain & degeneration, helps with leaky gut by forming connective tissue and sealing & healing the protective lining of the gastrointestinal tract. It also helps BOOST METABOLISM, improves liver health, is good for heart health & DETOX. DETOX. DETOX!
OKAY, so if this is not a FREAKING SUPERFOOD SMOOTHIE, I don’t know what is. You are getting LITERALLY everything you need in this baby!
ALL-NATURAL SUGARS (& NO REFINED OR ADDED SUGAR!)
LOADS OF ESSENTIALS VITAMINS, MINERALS & NUTRIENTS!
DIGESTIVE & ANTI-INFLAMMATORY BENEFITS!
So now, without further ado, LET’S TALK ABOUT HOW TO BRING HER TO LIFE!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 ripe banana;
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple;
- 2-3 frozen strawberries;
- 1 cup of homemade almond milk OR unsweetened organic almond milk OR any other plant-based milk OR regular/skim milk;
- 1 tbsp. of hemp hearts (Sub for the same amount of chia or flax seeds);
- ½ – 1 tbsp. of creamy almond butter! (For a creamier smoothie & added protein, do the full tbsp.!).
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (Sub for 1 tbsp. of maple syrup or 1 tsp. of raw organic honey, if you prefer!);
- 1 serving of Bulletproof Upgraded Collagen (2 tbsp.) (You can also use Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides)!
- Water or ice, if desired/if necessary!
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Combine all this beautifulness in your blender (I use the Breville Boss!) & BLEND THE F OUT OF IT TO COMBINE until desired consistency & texture is obtained!
- If you did the full tbsp. of almond butter, you may find your smoothie is creamier! If you want to thin it out a bit, add some water or some more almond milk! & If you find your smoothie isn’t creamy enough post first blend, add some more almond butter!
- For a colder & more frozen/icy texture, add ½ cup of ice to the blender before blending the F out of this baby!
- Once poured (& you just like DIED & WENT TO HEAVEN AT THE SIGHT OF HER BEING POURED), top her with some Purely Elizabeth Mango Almond Muesli (BEST STUFF EVER, SERIOUSLY) or with some of your fave granola or muesli (SHARE YOUR IDEAS! SHARE THE LOVE, MUNCHKINS!).