Back again! This time with some chicken!
(P.S. I feel like the mango dressing would pair so well with some chicken breast in an Asian-inspired Buddha Bowl, BUT MAYBE WE’LL DO THAT SOME OTHER TIME!).
Now, let’s talk about this Greek-inspired marinade! Ya dig?
Simple yet DELISH Greek-inspired chicken marinade?
That’s exactly what you’re getting here, my loves! (P.S. Hope you like OREGANO!!).
Ladies & gents, I present you with Kelly’s Healthy-AF Greek-Inspired Lemon Oregano Chicken Marinade a.k.a. I’m-Takin’-You-To-Greece-With-This-Baby-&-We-Ain’t-Never-Comin’-Home!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 package of chicken breast (My package had two large pieces in it & was about
- 1 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar (I use Bragg’s);
- 2 tbsp. of organic balsamic vinegar (I use Bioitalia);
- 2 tbsp. of maple syrup wine vinegar (I use the one by Suro & they sell it at Tau!);
- Don’t have any? SUB it for some rice wine vinegar, avocado oil or extra-virgin olive oil… OR GO GET SOME!
- The juice of 1 fresh organic lemon;
- 1 tsp. of oregano;
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper;
- Simply Organic FTW!
- A sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt;
- Coconut oil cooking spray (or avocado oil or olive oil!);
NOW, for that HOW-TO? Seriously EASY AF! You have zero excuse to be lazy for this one, my loves! Already the ingredients are SO SIMPLE, but now… wait until you see how simple this baby is to whip up!
You are going to LOVE ME FOREVER (As if you don’t already…)
& NOT ONLY IS IT THIS EASY, but think of how versatile this is! AND Y’ALL KNOW THAT WHEN SOMETHING IS VERSATILE… that means, MEAL PREP HER! Think about it, you could have LOADS OF THIS CHICKEN ready to be devoured by yours truly whenever you want it if you simply take the time to MEAL PREP ‘ER once! PLUS… like I said, you have no excuse to be lazy since she’s super-duper-easy to make!
Need some ideas and inspiration as to how you can DEVOUR this baby? YES! YES! YOU DO. I KNOW!
AS IS! OBVS!
In a Buddha bowl!
A Greek-inspired salad (which I will show you munchkins at the end of this post because that’s how I chose to devour her tonight!)
In a wrap, sandwich or pita pocket with loads of salsa, avocado, Dijon, fresh herbs & greens, OH & LOADS OF SPICES FOR DAYZ!)
IN AN ASIAN-INSPIRED BOWL WITH THAT MANGO DRESSING I posted this morning (RECIPE HERE)!
MAN, the possibilities are freaking endless… I could seriously go on for days! BUT GET CREATIVES, MY LOVES! USE YOUR IMAGINATIONS! & Share your recipes with me!!
OK, HERE WE GO!!!
- Dice & place your chicken in a large metal mixing bowl! (P.S. You can totally keep your chicken breasts whole if you prefer!);
Combine all the gorgeous ingredients in a large metal mixing bowl & MIX THE F OUT OF ‘EM TO COMBINE!
- Pour the marinade ALL OVER YOUR CHICKEN! Toss to combine & make sure all your cubes are evenly coated in the marinade!
- Heat a skillet over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, spray it with some coconut oil (or olive or avocado oil) cooking spray & once heated, add your chicken & whatever marinade was not absorbed by it to the skillet!
Cook your cubes on each side for 4-5 minutes or until browned & no longer pink! You’ll know that it’s ready once most of the marinade is absorbed!
- Remove from heat & DEVOUR!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!
AND NOW, FOR THAT GREEK-INSPIRED SALAD I WHIPPED UP WITH THIS BABY?
- Simply combine LOADS of cherry tomatoes, cucumber & red onion in a medium-sized bowl!
- Top the veggies with this BEAUTIFUL CHICKEN!
- THEN, add 2 tbsp. of organic red wine vinegar, the juice of 1/2 (or a whole) lemon, depending on how big your lemon is, LOADS OF oregano, some black pepper & a drizzle of Himalayan pink salt!
- TOSS TO COMBINE & DEVOUR!
C’est tout!!!! ENJOY MY LOVES! <3