Hello again my loves!
Back again, THIS TIME WITH THE BABE OF A BREAKY YOU MUNCHKINS HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!
WHAT IS IT, you ask?
THE PERFECT CONCOCTION THAT IS Kelly’s Creamy-AF Gluten-Free Peach & Berry Overnight (or Morning of!) Oats a.k.a. One-Bowl-Scrumptious-Good-For-Your-Gut-Creamy-&-Delish-Super-Breakfast-Ready-In-Just-Two-Minutes-LITERALLY-A-DREAM-COME-TRUE!
Guys, this recipe is PERFECTION. IT IS LITERALLY THE. PERFECT. BREAKFAST.
& The best part about her? (Although there are many!):
You wake up in the morning & all you gotta do (While you’re dying at the thought of getting out of bed, let alone, SLEEPWALKING TO THE KITCHEN) is pour this creamy scrumptiousness into a bowl, top it with some (OR ALL) your fave AF toppings & DEVOUR! SERIOUSLY, THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL. You wake up & you are legit two minutes away from a satisfying, filling, and nutritious, delicious, healthy, clean, GLUTEN-FREE breakfast!
If you’ve never tried overnight oats, I BEG OF YOU, please give these BABES a try. Overnight oats are SUPER filling, packed with superfoods & taste super rich and decadent. If, like me, you’re super into one-bowl meals, you will FALL IN LOVE INSTANTLY.
Plus, to make these babes, all you have to do is simply mix the ingredients & let them sit in the refrigerator while you get your beauty sleep. THAT’S IT. I SWEAR. Overnight, the oats will soften & thicken and turn into a marvellous, wonderful, perfect, tasty, filling, EVERYTHING breakfast pudding that will literally have you JUMPING out of bed in the morning (Even before your alarm clock rings. I SWEAR. Don’t believe me? TRY ME). So, overnight oats are ALSO essentially an alarm clock.
ANOTHER AMAZING thing about overnight oats is that you can change them up & customize them super easily based on your favourite flavours. This recipe is BERRY-BERRY DELISH, A.K.A. FILLED WITH LOADS OF MIXED BERRIES… & YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?
ONE CAN NEVER, EVER, GET ENOUGH ANTIOXIDANTS. I mean… I’ve ranted & raved about their benefits to you munchkins like a zillion trillion billion times, so you must all have some basic knowledge by now. BUT, IN CASE YOU DON’T, SAY BUH-BYE TO ALL THOSE ENVIRONMENTAL TOXINS & FREE RADICALS ENTERING OUR BODIES LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE SECOND AS YOU LOAD UP ON THESE OATS (& get loads & loads of pleasure while doing so!). Two birds. One stone.
ALL THIS TO SAY, if berries aren’t your thing (I mean… how could they not be? But whatever, if they aren’t, I AM NOT JUDGING YOU!), you can totally change it up & mix in any of your fave fruit, granola or cereal!
NOW, LASTLY… I’ve said it once but I’ll say it again.
OATS. OATS. OATS.
- They are the most nutrient-rich superstars in the cereal game!
- They are super-duper high in fibre & an amazing source of protein!
- They will keep you full & satisfied, all while acting as a prebiotic (P.S. in short, the prebiotic is a non digestible food ingredient that beneficially nourishes the good bacteria already in the large bowel or colon! Basically, while probiotics introduce good bacteria into the gut, prebiotics will act as a fertilizer for the good bacteria that’s already there!). OATS ARE THEREFORE GUT MICROBIOME-BALANCING SUPER-BREAKFASTS!
- 1 serving of oats contains nearly the entire RDA of manganese, which is a trace mineral involved in blood sugar regulation & bone health!
- That same serving also packs LOADS of vitamin B, copper, biotin (HELLO HAIR HEALTH!) & OTHER NUTRIENTS!
- OH & oats also enhance immune system response!
OKAY, I think I’m done venting (I’m a JAP, what do you expect? Did you really think I’d get right to the ingredients?). LOL, that’s really funny IF YOU ACTUALLY DID…
ANYWHO, now that I’ve vented, I’m ready. And by ready, I totally mean READY TO TELL YOU MUNCHKINS HOW TO WHIP THESE BABES UP!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- ½ cup of gluten-free rolled oats (You can also use regular oats if gluten is not a concern for you!);
- 1 cup of organic unsweetened almond milk (I use Earth’s Own) OR homemade almond milk. If you don’t like almond milk (because you’re CRAY CRAY, you can use any other type of milk, i.e. skim or full-fat milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, macadamia milk. Once again, I give you permission to LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD);
- 175g of Greek yogurt (I use plain, but you can totally use vanilla, berry or coffee-flavoured yogurt if you prefer!);
- 60-80g of mashed banana (about ½ a medium/large banana);
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract;
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon;
- 1 small/medium nectarine or peach;
- LOADS OF YOUR FAVE BERRIES! Mix it up!
- OPTIONAL ADD-IN: ½ to 1 tbsp. of pure organic maple syrup (If you want sweeter oats!). Personally, I find the vanilla extract & the natural sweetness from the fruit do the trick, but it’s totally up to you my loves! Test it out & see how you like it!
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: Cinnamon drizzle, hemp or chia seeds, slivered almonds or crumbled pecans, or a combination of these ingredients!
NOW, FOR THAT HOW-TO?!
- Add all your ingredients to a LARGE METAL MIXING BOWL & mix this beautifulness until all your ingredients are fully incorporated & combined & YOU ARE HAVING A VERY, VERY DIFFICULT TIME RESISTING DEVOURING THIS BEAUTIFULNESS STAT. (But please, WAIT. Wait until the morning comes. YOU WILL BE SO THANKFUL THAT BREAKY IS READY FOR YOU TO BE DEVOURED & THAT SHE’LL ONLY TAKE LIKE 2 MINUTES TO ASSEMBLE, literally! I know, the temptation is KILLING you BUT IT’S WORTH IT!).
- Once combined, store the oats in an airtight container & refrigerate them! (You may want to consider installing a lock on your fridge door… just sayin’!).
- NOW, GO TO BED & DREAM & FANTASIZE ABOUT THE OATS! Sweet dreams, baby love!
- When you are ready to eat the oats (a.k.a. once the oats acted as your alarm clock and got your butt out of bed in the morning), empty the contents of the container into a serving bowl & stir to combine this deliciousness. Your overnight oats will be smooth, decadent, moist, EVERYTHING NICE & PRETTY.
- If you find the oats are not thick & creamy enough, add a bit more Greek yogurt!
- BUT, if you find the oats too thick, add a splash more of almond milk!
- AND NOW, ADD YOUR TOPPINGS!!!
- LICK THE BOWL.
- CRY FOR LIKE A FEW MINUTES BECAUSE YOU CAN SEE THE BOTTOM OF THE BOWL & YOU LEGIT LICKED IT DRY.
- FANTASIZE ABOUT THE NEXT TIME YOU WILL MAKE THIS RECIPE (A.K.A. TONIGHT!!!).