Good afternoon babies!
Happy Wednesday! HOORAY FOR SUNNY DAYS IN MONTREAL AT THE BEGINNING OF JULY… (Is it not pathetic that I am hooray-ing for sunny summer days IN FREAKING JULY, when it should be a given? Yeah, I know. That’s a Montreal summer for y’all. Whatever. SUN’S OUT, GUNS OUT!).
Here to rant (as always) about yesterday morning’s SITCH IN MAH KITCH! Just a quick, easy, sweet & savory CHICKEN MARINADE! I don’t know about you guys but I think it’s essential for every amateur chef to have a few deliciously simple chicken marinades up their sleeve!
WHY IS THAT?
Well, for starters, who doesn’t LOVE chicken? (Sorry to all my vegan babies, I still love you guys, but I mean CHICKEN >).
Now, not only is chicken DELISH, but it’s also SO GOOD FOR YOU, packed with LEAN protein & healthy fats & SUPER-DUPER VERSATILE! I simply cannot go a week without having some sort of ground turkey or chicken recipe whipped up & meal prepped in my fridge! Throw these babies into salads, bowls, pita pockets, wraps or tacos, pastas OR SIMPLY DEVOUR AS IS!
Basically, this stuff will fill you up, make your tummy dance & solve all your “NO IDEA WHAT TO MAKE FOR DINNER” sitchs.
In a nutshell, Kelly in the Kitch… HERE TO SAVE THE DAY!
Ladies & gents, this is Kelly’s Honey Dijon Dill & Garlic Chicken Marinade a.k.a. Another-Day-Another-Marinade-Oh-&-All-Your-“NO-IDEA-WHAT-TO-MAKE-FOR-DINNER”-Sitchs-Solved!
BONUS?! This marinade will give you your apple cider vinegar fix for the day! A.K.A. you don’t have to take it by the TABLEspoonful (& nearly THROW UP IN YOUR MOUTH. Ew!). #WINNING!
I know, HECK I GUARANTEE, she will become a fave! GET EXCITED! I hope you took my advice yesterday morning & went to the grocery store to pick up some chicken breast because now I know that you are UNABLE TO RESIST & you’ll be so grateful that you did! (& by “DID”, I totally mean, went to the grocery store, NOT RESIST!).
P.S. If you’re looking for an easy marinade to whip up in the morning before you go to work so that your din is essentially READY AF for you when you get home ready to devour your fridge, THIS IS THE PERFECT & I MEAN, ABSOLUTE PERFECT SOLUTION!).
And so, without further ado, LET’S TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO PREP THIS YUMMINESS!
- ¼ cup of organic extra-virgin olive oil;
- ¼ cup of organic apple cider vinegar;
- 1/8 cup of organic coconut vinegar (If you don’t have coconut vinegar, GET SOME! No, I’m kidding. If you don’t have or don’t like it, you can substitute it for rice vinegar, red wine vinegar, coconut aminos or reduced-sodium soy sauce);
- 3 tbsp. of freshly squeeze lemon juice (the juice of approximately 1 medium-sized lemon!);
- 2 cloves of garlic, CRUSHED;
- ¼ cup of fresh dill (If you don’t like or have dill, substitute it for cilantro, parsley, oregano or basil, or a combination of any of the above!);
- 2 tsp. of organic honey Dijon mustard;
- 1 tsp. of dried parsley flakes;
- 1 tsp. of ground cumin;
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika;
- Organic Himalayan pink sea salt & black pepper for seasoning!
SOUNDS DELISH, RIGHT?! I know… Can’t deal! Seriously!
I seriously CANNOT wait any longer to tell you babies how to make these (PLUS, I wanna give you guys some time to leave these munchkins marinating in the fridge before you grill ‘em! – See how nice I am? I know. I SERIOUSLY LEGITIMATELY CARE ABOUT YOU GUYS & YOUR TUMZ!).
SO, HOW DO WE WHIP THIS RECIPE UP? Here we go! It’s actually REALLY EASY. Swear!
- CLEAN (& by clean, I mean, remove any & all fat from your chicken breast!) & DICE your chicken (If you prefer to marinate it whole, that’s tots okay! You can also slice it into strips if you prefer! It’s totally up to you, BUT, if you are going to end up cutting it into cubes or strips once it’s cooked, I tots recommend doing so before marinating & grilling it because this will allow the cubes/strips to better absorb all the beautiful flavors of the marinade!).
- Basically, all you gotta do is combine all these delish & spice-ful (Is that a word?! OH WELL. Making it one, STAT!) ingredients in a MEDIUM mixing bowl & stir the eff out of ‘em to combine!
- Once all your ingredients are fully incorporated & you obtain a beautiful marinade consistency, add your chicken to the bowl & toss the eff out of it to ensure that all your chicken is evenly coated!
- NOW, refrigerate the chicken (You can keep it in the same bowl or put it in a Ziploc bag if you don’t have room in your fridge for the bowl #FRIDGEPROBS!) for about 2-4 hours (THE LONGER THE BETTER! A.k.a. THE LONGER YOU REFRIGERATE, THE MORE TIME THE FLAVOURS HAVE TO MELD a.k.a. THE YUMMIER-IN-YOUR-TUMMY YOUR CHICKEN WILL BE!).
- But don’t despair or PANIC, if you don’t have that much time, it’s tots fine! You can refrigerate it for about 30 minutes & I promise, HECK I GUARANTEE, it’ll still be magically delicious!
- Ok lovies, NOW, once your chicken is marinated & you’re ready to GRILL HER, remove the bowl or Ziploc from the fridge, preheat your grill OR if you’re using a skillet, heat 1-2 tbsp. of organic extra-virgin olive oil over MEDIUM heat. THEN, GRILL THE EFF OUT OF YOUR CHICKEN! I find that grilling each side for about 4-5 minutes is enough but it totally depends on your grill/stove, so WATCH YOUR CHICKEN BABIES! (P.S. I’m also the type of person who HATES, BUT HATES, dried-out chicken, so I’m SUPER CAREFUL about not overcooking it!).
- ONCE COOKED, DEVOUR! Well, what I really truly mean is once cooked, remove from the heat & allow to cool completely before refrigerating in an airtight container for up too one week! BUT, LET’S BE HONEST, I’M NOT QUITE SURE THIS CHICKEN WILL EVEN MAKE IT TO YOUR FRIDGE.
OH & FOOD PORN!!!
Enjoy babes!!! <3 xoxo!