Kelly’s Clean Eating, Vegan, Gluten-Free Moist-Chewy-But-Crumbly-AF Vanilla Raspberry Muffins a.k.a. Antioxidants-Here-Antioxidants-There-Antioxidants-Everywhere!-Oh-&-GUILT-FREE-SECONDS-PLEASE!
Good morning munchkins!!
(Well, more like EARLY AFTERNOON, but whatevz!).
I hope you guys are not too down with the fact that the long weekend is offish over. WEH. BUT, it’s Tuesday & your week JUST started… so you know what that means? SHORT WORK WEEK FOR Y’ALL! Winning, yet again.
AND WELL, with all the winning you’ve been doing, WHY NOT CONTINUE THE STREAK WITH THE SITCH IN MY KITCH YESTERDAY MORNING?
VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE Vanilla Raspberry Muffins topped with Cinnamon Drizzle!
I’ll take ’em, you?
They’re as clean as it gets!
Jam-packed with antioxidants (Thanks to the berries!)!
The perfect balance of sweet & savoury!
Moist & chewy, but with JUST THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF CRUMBLE
& well, they’re simply, magically, insanely PERFECT!
I seriously cannot believe I had the heart to keep you babies drooling since yesterday! BUT, let’s not dwell on that! They’re finally here & ready to be YOURS. So, instead of dwelling, BE THANKFUL, kay?
OH & BTW, I can read minds & I tots know your thought process right now. “How can something that looks this scrumptiously delicious be as healthy as she says it is? SHE MUST BE LYING!“
First of all, I’m offended. I would think that by now, I’d have gained a sufficient amount of trust from you babes. BUT, if that’s not the case, I’ll make an exception TODAY & ONLY FOR THESE MUFFINS, because TBH, I, too, would have my doubts. I MEAN, just freaking look at them!!!!!
Oh & second? THEY REALLY ARE AS HEALTHY & CLEAN AS I RAVED ABOUT. I promise!!!!!!!! Now that I am sharing them, maybe now, you’ll finally trust me!
I mean, take it from me, I took the first bite of one of these babies (after warming her for 40 seconds) &… UNREAL. ‘NUFF SAID. UN-FREAKING-REAL!!!!!!
Ladies & Gents, I present you with Kelly’s Clean Eating, Vegan, Gluten-Free Moist-Chewy-But-Crumbly-AF Vanilla Raspberry Muffins a.k.a.Antioxidants-Here-Antioxidants-There-Antioxidants-Everywhere!-Oh-&-GUILT-FREE-SECONDS-PLEASE!
Ok lovies, sorry not sorry but, NOW THAT WE’RE ON THE TOPIC OF ANTIOXIDANTS, I just want to go on a little rant about all the benefits of these BEAUTIFUL BABES CALLED RASPBERRIES, which also happen to be FREAKING POWERHOUSES OF INSANE HEALTH BENEFITS!! I promise, I’ll try to keep it short (LOL, is that a joke? When do I ever? OH WELL!). Here we go!
FIGHT CANCER WITH THESE BABES: As I mentioned earlier, raspberries are jam-packed & loaded with cancer-fighting antioxidants. In fact, they have one of the highest concentrations of antioxidants of any fruit on earth! Not only do they contain LOADS OF ANTIOXIDANTS, but they also contain ELLAGIC ACID, which is a natural antioxidant found in certain fruits & veggies & VERY prevalent in berries! Research has indicated that this type of acid plays an important role in lowering OXIDATIVE STRESS, REDUCING INFLAMMATION & ALTERING THE DEVELOPMENT & REPRODUCTION OF CANCER CELLS!
RASPBERRIES ARE HEART-HEALTHY! The high potassium content in these babies helps with regulating heart beat & blood pressure. The babes are also RICH in minerals like manganese, copper & iron, which are all responsible for the production of red blood cells!
MOOD & MEMORY BOOSTERS! Kill two birds with one stone, my loves! Consuming these yummy berries can prevent brain damage & memory loss that is associated with aging, NOT TO MENTION, they also help fight disease & other symptoms of old age by reducing stress due to their antioxidant content!
RASPBERRIES IMPROVE FERTILITY! Due to their vitamin C & magnesium content, consuming these munchkins may help improve fertility & this is true for both MEN & WOMEN!
RASPBERRIES ARE ANTI-INFLAMMATORY TOO! WHAT?! These babies prevent damage to cell membranes due to their anti-inflammatory properties that help with heart-disease, strengthen the immune system & … WAIT FOR IT… HELP WITH DIGESTION! In fact, research has indicated that their ellagic acid content is what is responsible for their anti-inflammatory effect on our gastro-intestinal tracts!
AND, on the topic of our bods & immune systems, RASPBERRIES ALSO HELP BOOST IMMUNITY. This is also due to their rich vitamin C content, which increases our general immunity to everyday illnesses & infections! The way it works is that the vitamin C will boost the antioxidant levels in the raspberries & help clean out & flush our blood cells so they can fight virus!
RASPBERRIES ARE FULL OF VITAMIN C (As I said like five times already) & this is also a huge benefit for skin tissue & cell regeneration of the skin, bones, ligaments & blood vessels! Free skincare FTW!
LOADED WITH FIBRE! These babies will therefore fill you up, WITHOUT WEIGHING YOU DOWN WITH EXTRA CALORIES! Their high fibre content, combined with their low glycemic index also makes them a great treat for people suffering from diabetes!
RASPBERRIES ARE HYDRATING! Since they are full of water & potassium, raspberries fight dehydration!
OKAY, I AM DONE. Not bad, right? I MEAN… FOR A CUTE LITTLE FRUIT… who would’ve thought she could do ALL THIS?!
Now that I’ve given you a little lesson, or two, or three, LET’S GET TO THE NITTY-GRITTY.
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 ¼ cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill). You can substitute the same amount of white whole-wheat flour or ¾ cup of almond flour + ¾ cup of coconut flour, if you prefer!
- ¾ cup + 2 additional tbsp. of erythritol or coconut sugar (SAVE the extra 2 tbsp. for A CINNAMON DRIZZLE THAT WE WILL DISCUSS A BIT LATER!);
- 1 tsp. of baking soda;
- ½ tsp. of sea salt;
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon, DIVIDED (Use ½ tsp. of the batter & ½ tsp. for the cinnamon drizzle I just teased you with above!);
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk (If you don’t like the taste of almond milk, LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD, BABIES! Substitute it for regular or skim milk, cashew milk, coconut milk, soymilk or macadamia nut milk! The possibilities are endless & there is always a substitute!).
- 1 tsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic);
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened organic apple sauce (If you’re not into apple sauce, substitute it for the same amount of coconut oil, MELTED);
- 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar (If you don’t have, WHICH BY NOW YOU SHOULD, BECAUSE I’VE TOLD YOU GUYS HOW GOOD IT IS FOR YOU, substitute for distilled organic white vinegar);
- 2 cups of fresh raspberries (I’ve tried the recipe with FROZEN raspberries & I find the fresh ones work better because the frozen ones tend to release more water during baking & this makes the muffins a little TOO MOIST for my liking. I mean, I’m all for moist & chewy muffins, BUT I STILL NEED ME SOME CRUMBLE!).
I promise it’s almost time to eat these babies, but first, let me tell you how to bake the perfection that is this batter:
- Preheat your oven to 350 & grease 12-cup muffin tin/or line the muffin tin with parchment liners & set aside!
- In a LARGE bowl, combine your flour, 3/4 cup of sugar or substitute (KEEP THOSE 2 LEFTOVER TBSP. FOR LATER. HINT: Cinnamon sugar drizzle FTW), baking soda, salt & 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon (KEEP THE LEFTOVER 1/2 TSP. FO’ DAT DRIZZLE)!
- Add in the almond milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil and vinegar until the batter is uniform & you don’t see anymore flour. PLEASE, DO YOURSELVES A FAVOUR & MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT OVER-STIR. Nobody likes watery batter, k?;
- NOW, once your batter is perfect, GENTLY, and I did say, GENTLY, fold in your raspberries. Be careful. Do not mash them, unless you want RED batter!!!
- Distribute the batter evenly into your muffin tins. MY TRICK? Use an ice cream scoop!!!! It literally works wonders, keeps everything super neat & clean (I told you guys I was a perfectionist, right?) & keeps the muffins the same size so they’ll bake evenly (& you won’t feel guilty when you eat a HUGE ONE & your S/O, hubby or kiddies are munching on the smallest one. Let’s be honest, you gave them the smallest one because you wanted to keep the big ones for yourself, right?).
- In a SMALL bowl, whisk together the 2 extra tbsp. of erythritol (or coconut sugar) & the extra 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon TO CREATE YOUR CINNAMON DRIZZLE!!! Then, using your fingers, sprinkle a bit of the drizzle on your babies!!!
- NOW, THE BEST PART: BAKE THESE BABES in the oven at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. I generally bake mine for 25 minutes, then I check on them, insert a toothpick into the centre & bake them for another 2 minutes (TOTAL BAKE TIME: 25+2=27 MINUTES. I suck at math, so like, I had to verbalize the calculation).
- P.S. When you do insert that toothpick, please, try to avoid the beautiful berries.
- Once you take these babes FRESH OUT ‘DA OVEN, allow them to cool (LAWLZ… AS IF ANY OF US HAVE THE WILLPOWER…).
- SPREAD THEM WITH BUTTAH OR NUT BUTTAH & devour them, like twelve. Oh wait, isn’t that the whole batch? Damn. TOOOOOO LATEEEEEE.
- If you aren’t going to eat them right away, let them cool off COMPLETELY (THIS IS VERY CRUCIAL), then store them in an airtight container in your fridge for up to one week! (THEY WON’T LAST A WEEK ANYWAY, TRUST ME!).
OH & FOOD PORN!!!!
ENJOY MY LOVES!!!