Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegan-ish, Refined Sugar-Free Cherry Tomato Honey Garlic Vinaigrette a.k.a. Sweet-Savory-Garlicky-GUILT-FREE-Goodness!
Rise & shine & HAPPY SUNDAY FUNDAY!
OH & to all my fellow Canadians, embrace this Sunday because FOR ONCE, tomorrow ain’t a workday! It’s A LONG WEEKEND for you munchkins! Now… if only the sun would come out to brighten it & give us something to freaking do! OH WELL, at least we can sleep in tomorrow (& by sleep-in, I tots mean wake up at 6:30 instead of 5:30 am, WADDUP?)
ANYWHO, this past Friday morning, I whipped up quite a yummy SITCH IN MAH KITCH (Sorry it took me a few days to get this baby to you! Been a busy gal BUT THE TIME HAS COME. So once again, EMBRACE IT! And by “embrace”, I totally mean WHISK THIS BABE UP!. Okay, but wait, it might help if I tell you babies what I’m talking about…
OKAY, so I’m talking about this CLEAN-EATING, GLUTEN-FREE, REFINED SUGAR-FREE & POSSIBLY VEGAN (If you sub the honey for maple syrup)…
CHERRY TOMATO HONEY GARLIC VINAIGRETTE!
My absolute favorite part of this recipe is squeezing the little gems over a strainer. NO, not because I love to get my hands dirty, but more because you end up with a freaking pool of GORGEOUSLY-RED-FRESH & FINE TOMATO JUICE!
THEN, you throw in some red wine vinegar, raw organic honey, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, minced onion, honey Dijon mustard, fresh grated garlic, olive oil & a pinch of cayenne & a STUNNING AF DRESSING IS BORN & BECOMES YOUR BABY & YOUR BESTIE! It’s seriously that simple – HEY, who would’ve thought that establishing a friendship, HECK GIVING BIRTH TO A BEAUTIFUL BABY, could be this easy, right? WELL, IT IS. I just made your life easy & you just fell in love with me STAT. (Love ya too!!!)
Ladies & gents, this is my Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegan-ish, Refined Sugar-Free Cherry Tomato Honey Garlic Vinaigrette a.k.a. Sweet-Savory-Garlicky-GUILT-FREE-Goodness!
Use this babe as:
A vinaigrette mixed in with some beautiful, crisp & fresh AF greens!
Toss her as your pasta sauce with PERFECTLY-BOILED AL DENTÉ penne
A dipping sauce for breadsticks or BETTER YET, HOMEMADE GARLIC BREAD!
NOW, without further ado, since you’ve been teased & given suggestions as to how you can use this baby once she’s ALL YOURS, let’s get to the nitty-gritty!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 LARGE pint of overripe cherry tomatoes (This will make the babies easier for you to strain, PLUS… NO WASTE!). P.S. 1 pint is equal to about 8 ounces or 225 grams!);
- ¼ cup of organic red wine vinegar (I use the one by Spectrum);
- 1 tbsp. of raw organic honey (I use the one by Peace River);
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil (Been using the one by Chuck Hughes & I ADORE IT – It has the most silky, smooth texture & legit MAKES all my dressings, sauces & vinaigrettes & by “MAKES”, I mean KILLS IT!!);
- ½ tsp. of honey Dijon mustard;
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, GRATED;
- ½ tsp. of sea salt (& more, if needed or desired) (I use the one by Maison Orphée);
- 1 tsp. of dried minced onion;
- ¼ tsp. of freshly ground black pepper;
- A pinch of cayenne pepper!
AND NOW, HOW TO WHIP THIS BABY UP? Let me explain! It really is QUITE simple!
- OKAY, FOR STARTERS, halve the tomatoes. Squeeze the halves into a metal or fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl. You should get about 1/2 cup of tomato juice! (P.S. Do this in your sink, if possible, to avoid making a tomato juice splashy-mess everywhere!!);
- Once you have a beautiful FRESH TO DEATH tomato juice, add the red wine vinegar, honey, mustard, olive oil, garlic, sea salt, minced onion, black pepper & cayenne to the bowl & WHISK THE EFF OUT OF ALL THIS BEAUTIFULNESS TO COMBINE!!!
- Continue to whisk until all the ingredients are fully combined & a beautifully-light, but gorgeously-red & silky-textured babe of a vinaigrette is born!
- Taste & season with more salt as needed (As I’ve told you babies in the past, I am SO NOT A SALT PERSON, plus… not down with all that sodium anyways, SO all this to say, you may find that you need to add some more salt to this recipe & to most of my recipes TBH! SO, TASTE & ADJUST ACCORDING TO WHAT YOU LOVE!).
- IF YOU HAVE ANY LEFTOVERS, store this babe in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days! (Personally, I would let it sit at room temperature for about 10-12 minutes then RE-WHISK IT before serving!).
- ENJOY & DEVOUR BABIES!!!
OH & FOOD PORN!!!