Kelly’s Clean-AF Gluten-Free, Vegan & Refined-Sugar Free Ginger Molasses Macaroons a.k.a. The-Babes-That-Are-The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Crumbly-&-Chewy-&-OMFG!-Oh-&-Did-Someone-Say-Macaroons-Anonymous?
Happy mid-week! Happy Wednesday! & BEST OF ALL, Happy-we-almost-made-it-to-the-weekend-day!
I hope you’re all having a great day! I’ve seriously been on the go since this morning! FML. I finally sat down to chill like a half an hour ago & by “chill”, I totz mean BLOG ABOUT THIS RECIPE FROM NONE OTHER THAN MAH BED #winning! & by “BLOG about this recipe”, I totz mean TYPE AWAY FRANTICALLY TO MAKE YOU BABIES, YOUR TUMMIES & YOUR TASTEBUDS HAPPY!
Anywho, you know what they say… there is a FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING & yesterday morning, I popped my VEGAN GINGER MOLASSES
COOKIES (KIDDING, MACAROONS) CHERRY! Kept you munchkins on the edge of your seats since yesterday… dreaming, fantasizing, ya know, all that good stuff. AND NOW, I’M FINALLY BRINGING THESE BABIES TO YOU!
P.S. If you must know, THESE BABES WERE TOTZ SUPPOSED TO BE COOKIES. But you know… things don’t always go as planned in life. AND WELL… THEY DID NOT FLATTEN AS MUCH AS I WOULD HAVE LIKE THEM TO. SORRY NOT SORRY. AND SO, in the spirit of giving these munchkins a name that would do them the MOST justice possible (I am a lawyer after all…), I CALLED THEM MACAROONS (I mean… do you really care what they’re called anyways? ALL THAT MATTERS IS THAT THEY MAKE YOUR TUMMIES DANCE & THAT, I CAN GUARANTEE THEY WILL, whether they are cookies or macaroons, OKAY?!
ANYWHO, NOW THAT THAT RANT IS OVER… Let’s get back to these soft & chewy molasses macaroons SPICED with hints of ground cinnamon & ginger. These babes are so FREAKING PERFECT that nobody & I mean, NOBODY, will be able to tell that they are vegan, gluten-free & refined sugar-free!!!
Ladies & gents, these are Kelly’s Clean-AF Gluten-Free, Vegan & Refined-Sugar Free Ginger Molasses Macaroons a.k.a. The-Babes-That-Are-The-Perfect-Balance-Between-Crumbly-&-Chewy-&-OMFG!-Oh-&-Did-Someone-Say-Macaroons-Anonymous?
IT’S MENTAL, SERIOUSLY MENTAL, how it is so possible to recreate all those unhealthy, full-of-preservatives & packed-with-refined-flours-&-sugars recipes with the HEALTHIEST & CLEANEST INGREDIENTS EVER. SERIOUSLY. All it takes is
some (LOTS) of research, willpower, a killer pantry & a little bit of effort! AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!
Anywho my loves, all this to say I THINK I HAVE OFFISH CRACKED THE CODE FOR THE PERFECT VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE MACAROON (& this, on my first attempt!!!). The gluten-free flour gives them a beautifully fine texture & the coconut oil keeps the centers soft, moist & chewy! Basically, these babes are the perfect balance between CRUMBLY & CHEWY & OMFG.
I must warn you that they are slightly addictive. I mean, I made my FIRST BATCH EVER JUST UH… YESTERDAY & I’ve already scarfed down like four & a half of them (Ya know, when devouring the fifth one, I tried to make myself feel better by leaving half of it… FOR LATER!). IN FACT, I just devoured one before starting to type out this post. AND I’M ALSO TRYING SO HARD TO RESIST GETTING UP TO EAT ANOTHER ONE. The struggle is freaking real, my loves. I swear.
AND SO, I figured, why let myself go through this struggle alone WHEN I COULD SHARE THIS DELICIOUSNESS WITH YOU BEAUTIES? So here I am!!!! ABOUT TO GO ON A HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED & HOW-TO RANT & admit it. You ain’t even mad bro! Right? OKAY, here I go!
My loves, YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill);
- 1 tsp. of baking soda (Bob’s, as well!);
- 1 tsp. of baking powder (I use Baker’s Supply House!);
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger;
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon;
- I use Simply Organic!
- ¼ tsp. of sea salt (I use Maison Orphée);
- ¼ cup solidified unrefined coconut oil (I used Nutiva!);
- ½ cup of organic brown sugar (I use Wholesome!);
- 3 tbsp. of organic molasses (Also Wholesome!);
- 1 tbsp. of pure organic vanilla extract (I use Simply Organic!);
- 2 tbsp. of unsweetened almond milk (I use Silk!).
NOW, for that HOW-TO?
- Preheat your oven to 350F & line two baking sheets with parchment paper!
- In a LARGE bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder & sea salt! Sift together & then set aside! (P.S. Does anybody else DIE at the combination of the smells of ginger & cinnamon? I DIE AT THE SMELL EVEN BEFORE BAKING… IMAGINE WHAT MY KITCH SMELLS LIKE DURING & POST-BAKING… You can also imagine how cray-cray it drives me. Seriously!).
- In ANOTHER LARGE bowl (Yes, sorry my loves, this is NOT a one-bowl recipe… but hey, TWO BOWLS IS NOT SO BAD, is it?!), add the coconut oil, brown sugar, molasses, vanilla extract & almond milk! With a hand mixer (with the paddle attachment), cream the eff out of these beautiful ingredients on medium speed for about 1-minute! (You can also use a stand mixer if you have one!).
- NOW, once you’ve obtained a beautifully rich, indulgent, creamy, smooth, NOT TO MENTION FREAKING GORGEOUS, wet ingredient mixture, add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ones in two batches! MIX THE EFF OUT OF ‘EM until a BABE OF A COOKIE DOUGH forms! Use your wooden spoon or spatula to scrape down the sides & then mix again, as needed!
- Take approximately 2 tbsp. of dough & roll it into a ball! Once all your balls are formed & placed on your baking sheets, sprinkle them with some additional cinnamon OR some coconut sugar/brown sugar!
- Now, BAKE THE BABES FOR 17-20 MINUTES, until they are puffy & just starting to spread… BUT THEY WON’T! THEY ARE MACAROONS, OKAY? NOT COOKIES! (Start out with 17 minutes, then you be the judge, my loves!)
- Allow the babes to cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 MINUTES! Just kidding. Don’t let them cool. EAT THEM. DEVOUR THEM. SCARF THEM DOWN LIKE THE
- If you have ANY BABIES LEFT OVER ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED YOUR DEVOURING SESH, store the babes in an aright container for up to seven days at room temperature!
- ENJOY BABIES, XOXO! <3